• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 new "Avatar : the last Airbender" animated movies in the work

DelireMan7

Best animated show I have ever seen. I want more !

PS : I want Toph in these movies !

the legend of korra lol GIF

Kev Kev

"Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino, who created the franchise-launching series Avatar: The Last Airbender for Nickelodeon, will produce alongside that show’s EP, Eric Coleman."

yes thank christ

"“As original creators Mike and Bryan expand the Avatar universe with us, we’re keeping it all in the family with Lauren bringing the same kind of expert, beautiful work she did on the original series to her new directing duties on the forthcoming theatrical,” said Ramsey Naito"

voltron was really good. if she had a hand and that, im confident shes a good pick for this position (plus she worked on the original avatar).

sounds like these movies are in good hands. count me in

"A live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender series is currently in the works at Netflix, albeit without the involvement of Konietzko and DiMartino."

family guy vomit GIF

no thanks on the live action movie. if its good then ill be surprised but all signs point to another m. night shamalayamanamayan scenario

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Zuko's Mom has to be one of the stories right?
there are so many stories id want i dont even know where to begin

zukos mom for sure, but also avatar kyoshi, more avatar wan, azula after her imprisonment (could be tied into their mom story), team avatar adventures in between ATLA and korra, korra 20 years later when shes a fully realized and insanely powerful avatar, aangs death, the fire nation hunting down all the airbenders, Iroh as a young man, more about the giant turtles and the mythos of how the world of avatar came to be, etc

there is so much to explore there. i know they went into some of that stuff in the comics, but i never read those and dont intend to. as long as whatever they do is on the same level as ATLA and korra, ill be happy. fully expecting some woke SJW pandering but as long as its not overly done it wont be an issue for me.

Tams

Animated, thank fuck.

Not sure what they think they're doing with the live action shit though. It's not M. Night Shamalamadingdong, but Netflix will make almost as bad of a botch.

Top Bottom