• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30 Rock Season Seven |OT| These were the best days of my flerm

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Another great episode! Loved the office supplies scene.

alazz

This season is great, and tonight's was an all-time high. The office supplies had me in tears. Liz really stole this episode, though a bit disappointed that Jack and the other writers didn't do much and I felt as if the three guest stars weren't really given many jokes, which isn't necessarily bad.

It's a shame it's going to end but if they keep up this quality it'll be more sweet than bitter. I really think thee last two episodes are overall better than most of last season's.

StuBurns

Banned
Good episode, getting aroused by doing the sorting was great. I really miss Pete as an involved character though. He used to be a lot more of a mainstay.

alazz

Good episode, getting aroused by doing the sorting was great. I really miss Pete as an involved character though. He used to be a lot more of a mainstay.

Yeah that's exactly how I felt! His reaction to Liz's sorting was hilarious, but that was really his only worthwhile part in the episode. They need to give him larger parts in the upcoming episodes, or do more back story, like being an Olympian archer and the Loverboy guitarist.

Also, was Hazel in the episode? Kristen Schaal's too funny.

KingKong

"Remember that kid that bullied you at school? Well I ate that goat" is one of the best jokes I can remember on 30 rock, so good

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Fantastic episode. That was my favorite 30 Rock episode in a long while. The "kid" joke was genius. I also loved Tracy's #1 on list of things that can be legitimate rape.

So if any of you notice an incredibly charismatic bald man sitting in the TGS audience later this season, you'll have witnessed the beginning (and probably the end) of my magnificent television career.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I loved the Kenneth birth anecdote. Finally an explanation haha.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I loved the entire episode. The Mad Men stuff stood out for me.

Liz: Oh, I'm Don Draper. And you're Megan.
Criss: ....
Liz: Okay, you're Don Draper and I'm Megan. NO! You're Glenn and I'm Sally.

Hahahaha so fucking creepy and awkward.

big ander

That episode was top-tier for the show. Cooter Burger's return was understatedly spectacular. "I made myself a drink" "is that red wine with tonic water and olives in it?" "yeah, it's an old spanish...is that not a thing?" Dead.
Cranston and O'Hara were supremely funny. This really made me want Cranston to go back to comedy after Breaking Bad is over, he was sublime. I mean, he had big obvious joke lines like "Look Ken, I'm just trying to replace your dad," but every single facial expression and weird glance of his was perfect.
And Jenna is always at her funniest when she's fake and her plot isn't a serious focus. When she's only there to say shit like "I'm gonna be constructive here: you should kill yourself" she's at her most enjoyable.
Governor Dunston was goddamn hilarious in general.
Liz getting horny over organizing.

If the rest of the season can maintain this strength, it'll make up for seasons 4-6 being sort of up and down.

Liz getting horny while organizing was turning me on.

I'm just glad the season is starting out this strong, and with only eleven more episodes on the slate I don't see why they won't bring their "A" game to the rest of it--which means, at its worst the series was slightly wobbly around season five. But just a remarkably consistent show all around, assuming you liked the cartoonish vibe they went with after the first season.

I guess the big arc this season will be using
NBC and TGS to influencers voters on Obama or Romney

For now I guess, but the election's only in three weeks.

AlphaSnake

I'm going to miss this show.

It's firing on all cylinders as it's getting ready for its finale. That was such a hilarious episode.

Awesome episode tonight. Jack realizing which one of the boyfriends he was was hilarious.

I'm going to miss this show.

It's firing on all cylinders as it's getting ready for its finale. That was such a hilarious episode.

So much this. NBC Thursdays will be devoid of laughs after 30 Rock ends.

AlphaSnake

All of the Pokemon references were terrific.

And yeah, Jack's realization he was the father figure was incredible.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
"Remember that kid that bullied you at school? Well I ate that goat" is one of the best jokes I can remember on 30 rock, so good

That was the funniest fucking thing I've heard all year. I will stand by that.

StuBurns

Banned
I thought this episode really sucked, I'm not sure I laughed once outside of one of Jenna's reactions when Liz was asking her to do that performance. With all the Pokemon and Sex in the City crap, it felt like it was written a decade ago.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
All of the Pokemon references were terrific.

And yeah, Jack's realization he was the father figure was incredible.

Unless I counted wrong she had a party of six Pokemon. Would love it if that was intentional.

One of my favorite episodes in the entire series history. So well written and performed. I lost it when Liz asked the women to brunch to talk about their climaxes and that one lady slipped under the table and escaped.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I missed most of last season because..well I just didn't care about the show anymore...but these first three episodes have been absolutely incredible. Tracy as Dunston is the best thing he's done in years.

Xdrive05

Anyone else recognize the reference to the real-life public fued Tina Fey had with Christopher Hitchens from a couple years back? (Hitchens wrote an apparently trolling article saying women weren't funny). At least I think that's what she was pulling from... in the show it was started by a tweet from @TheRealStevenHawking.

Anyone else recognize the reference to the real-life public fued Tina Fey had with Christopher Hitchens from a couple years back? (Hitchens wrote an apparently trolling article saying women weren't funny). At least I think that's what she was pulling from... in the show it was started by a tweet from @TheRealStevenHawking.

Yeah, but she said this episode was written in a response to pretty much every entertainment site saying last year, "See, women are funny!" after Bridesmaids came out. Apparently that offended her greatly.

Cheebo

Banned
I thought this episode really sucked, I'm not sure I laughed once outside of one of Jenna's reactions when Liz was asking her to do that performance. With all the Pokemon and Sex in the City crap, it felt like it was written a decade ago.

The Sex and the City thing was meant to come across as dated. That Liz is finally trying to copy it and it seems cheesy to everyone else. Pokemon is pretty timeless by this point, it long survived it's fad phase.

Pakkidis

I must have missed it, but I thought Jack was still seeing Avery. What happened? In season 6 finale weren't they renewing their wedding vows.

I must have missed it, but I thought Jack was still seeing Avery. What happened? In season 6 finale weren't they renewing their wedding vows.
You didn't finish watching the episode, obviously.
She did cheat on him with the other American in Best Korea and they broke up at the end.

big ander

Another really funny episode. Liz's pratfall at the end and her being tickled by Jenna cracked me up the most. Oh, and "I've seen your swimsuits, that could be anywhere."

GCX

Just watched the first 3 eps and man this show is on fire! I kinda lost interest in the middle of season 6 but this season has so much more energy and jokes. I hope the monumentum continues all the way to the finale.

xenist

You know, sometimes I'm having trouble with this show. It's not that I don't like it. Quite the contrary. But the density of the joke writing in this is unprecedented. Sometimes it pulls me away a bit. This show had more jokes in the first three episodes of its seventh fucking season than other more successful sitcoms had during entire seasons. It's mind boggling. I'm wringing my brain and Airplane! is the only other thing I can remember that was this dense with jokes.

GCX

This show had more jokes in the first three episodes of its seventh fucking season than other more successful sitcoms had during entire seasons. It's mind boggling. I'm wringing my brain and Airplane! is the only other thing I can remember that was this dense with jokes.
The official reason for the cancellation of Police Squad! (the TV series that preceded Naked Gun) was because ABC thought the show had so many jokes that the viewer couldn't take it all in. I'd say it was on par with 30 Rock though it only lasted 6 episodes, not 7 seasons.

xenist

The official reason for the cancellation of Police Squad! (the TV series that preceded Naked Gun) was because ABC thought the show had so many jokes that the viewer couldn't take it all in. I'd say it was on par with 30 Rock though it only lasted 6 episodes, not 7 seasons.

Yeah, I forgot about Police Squad. The Zuckers again, just like Airplane!

Still, carrying on like that seven seasons in is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom