• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$300 subwoofer for the computer, what are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

Current setup is a Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard, an Emotiva a-100 amplifier, and a pair of Swan D1.1se speakers. Tight budget as I'm not looking to go over $300. Out of all subs I've looked at, I'm leading towards the Acoustech H-100 as I hear how good they are among the <$300 subs (please correct me if I'm wrong). Looking for some advice and other suggestions as I'm lost on what to look for in a sub. Huge novice. I'll mostly be listening to music if that helps.

Some choices I've considered:

BIC America F12 $200
Acoustech H-100 $279
Velodyne Impact-10 $278
Energy s10.3 $229
Premier Acoustic PA-120 $299

44zKd.jpg

Razek

Banned
I have the similar down firing version to the BIC for my PC, this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000Y2WYS/?tag=neogaf0e-20.

The nice thing about the BICs is they give very low frequency for low cost. They also can be broken in a bit and give maybe 1 to 2Hz below the listed specs. The only issue I had with mine was running it in crossover mode, it was a bit quiet. In LFE mode that's not a problem. Shakes the house pretty good and the response is good enough to reproduce nearly all low channel sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom