• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30fps? DmC PC runs at 200fps.

I fucking hate the one I have, there is little to no chance ill ever buy another imac.

OSX Is hugely overrated. I only use it for work normally. #

But I cant justify the expense of a gaming pc these days when I spend more time talking about games than playing them.

Are you kidding? Stop buying consoles. You can make a cheap gaming PC that beats the crap out of consoles. Look at the build a PC thread... drop like 700-800 and make yourself something pretty good. I spent about 1,200 building my own thats pretty good. Buying it stop like this would have costed maybe around 2000-3000.

Yeah, sorry, Dxtory is a low overhead "lossless" codec capturer by the look of it. What are you converting it with? Try converting to h264/x264 with http://www.mediacoderhq.com/ or similar (set the audio to 44.1khz so youtube doesn't fuck up the audio sync)

Will try this thanks. Ill come back with good news hopefully.

Portugeezer

In the first level my 1GB 5850 maxed out, ultra, max AA and shadows, was getting about 90 to 100fps average in the opening level.

I am pleased with this.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I could say the same about The Witcher 2 and Rome 2 though. I could own them on PC but I'd rather have many console games over them anyday. Even playing games like Just Cause 2 or Resident Evil 4 with mates round is great on console but kind of not on PC.

I have both on PC. Your friends could enjoy these with 360 controllers and have a blast as I have.

Is there a thread on recording using dxtory or fraps?

Apparently all this codec stuff has me super confused. I tried recording in dxtory and got a huge 13GB file and the audio goes sync when skipping though the video in any media player. If you watch without skipping then then the audio syncs fine with gameplay.

Trying to convert the video only makes the audio glitch occur at any given time or constantly. Not sure why this is...

So I tried uploading the raw to youtube and its been processing for over a day now.... (upload completed but its stuck on processing)

so yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. When converting the video I was using AVS Video Converter

Oh I also did use Open broadcaster.... I got a small file without any problems but the quality is fuzzy as hell! Compared to the raw dxtory file which almost looks like the actual game render...

Where are you seeing settings for ambient occlusion?

I have the settings maxed out at 1024p @120hz (high end CRT). Game runs butter smooth all the time. Worst screen tearing I've seen in both prerendered cutscenes and during game without vsync on though.
Nvm, I forced it through nvidia inspector and apart from a 100fps drop, there aren't any differences.

Xyber

Apparently all this codec stuff has me super confused. I tried recording in dxtory and got a huge 13GB file and the audio goes sync when skipping though the video in any media player. If you watch without skipping then then the audio syncs fine with gameplay.

Trying to convert the video only makes the audio glitch occur at any given time or constantly. Not sure why this is...

So I tried uploading the raw to youtube and its been processing for over a day now.... (upload completed but its stuck on processing)

so yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. When converting the video I was using AVS Video Converter

Oh I also did use Open broadcaster.... I got a small file without any problems but the quality is fuzzy as hell! Compared to the raw dxtory file which almost looks like the actual game render...

Download and install Lagarith codec http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html and use that. It's better performing than the dxtory codec and the video file works fine in VLC unlike the dxtory one.

And you should set a custom recording resolution to 720p if you want smaller files. Here's how my setting look.
sf8MsXN.png

After you have recorded a video you have to render it with Movie Maker, Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere depending on what you have access to. That way you will make your 13GB file only 500MB-1GB depending on settings and length.

Calmine

Dxtory is great for recording footage playing at max but output vid being at 1080p or 720p. I'm rocking DMC maxed out at 2560x1440p and it's soo good. Average of 100FPS.

Download and install Lagarith codec http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html and use that. It's better performing than the dxtory codec and the video file works fine in VLC unlike the dxtory one.

And you should set a custom recording resolution to 720p if you want smaller files. Here's how my setting look.
sf8MsXN.png

After you have recorded a video you have to render it with Movie Maker, Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere depending on what you have access to. That way you will make your 13GB file only 500MB-1GB depending on settings and length.

Awesome. Ill give this a shot and post some feedback, thanks.

Try MSI Afterburner. It records with MJPEG which means much smaller files than any of the lossless recorders and the recordings are natively supported by VLC and pretty much every video editor.

Unless dxtory already has MJPEG by now too, in which case try that.

Try MSI Afterburner. It records with MJPEG which means much smaller files than any of the lossless recorders and the recordings are natively supported by VLC and pretty much every video editor.

Unless dxtory already has MJPEG by now too, in which case try that.

Ok maybe ill try that.

My Specs are

i5 2500k
8GB Ram
GTX570SCHD

If anything is slowing my stuff maybe its my harddrive sinces its 1TB but its kind of old...

My issue with that lossless recorder is it seems to record in 9-29 FPS... I just noticed this but maybe I changed some option because I used to be able to record at 60FPS and play at 60FPS... now everything is dropping like crazy while recording. Not sure what I broke lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UuG5IK7DdE&list=UUmxr5GH8f-LowiKZxMpnsOA&index=7 is a PSO2 video I recorded last summer at 60 60... and well youtube makes it 30FPS but I can't even get that going on PSO2 anymore!

Top Bottom