• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Days of Horror 5 |OT| The October Movie Marathon

Metalmarc

Last year i barely bothered, this year, i dont know i'm just lttp on Supernatural, on S3 now, will probably continue through October, with it, maybe thats all i'll do rather than Movies this year, but i look forward to see what everyone else does.

I'm thinking of going 100% Hammer Horror this year.

Are there 31 Hammer horror movies though?

There's 10 films in and related to their Dracula series, 7 for Frankenstein and 4 for the Karnstein trilogy. So that's 21 right there.

There's gotta be more than 10 various other movies. Go for it!

Ridley327

There are certainly a lot out there. I think the better question is is "are there 31 good Hammer horror films," which will have a wide range of opinions!

I'm pruning my list for this year as we speak. Expect the following:

-All 80s, all the time!
-Big emphasis on horror from around the world!
-For the first time ever, animated films!
-No slashers allowed!
-Seriously, I managed to find more than enough films from the 80s that weren't slashers to occupy me for an entire month! I did the research!

I can already tell it's going to be awesome this year.

Ridley327

There's 10 films in and related to their Dracula series, 7 for Frankenstein and 4 for the Karnstein trilogy. So that's 21 right there.

You have no idea how much I love this sentence being true, even as a technicality.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was disappointed with my view total last year as I only did 14. Aiming to go back to my 31 movie self this year. Also aiming to watching some fucked up movies.

obin_gam

nice! cool, will definately have that as a check box.

There are certainly a lot out there. I think the better question is is "are there 31 good Hammer horror films," which will have a wide range of opinions!
They did a bunch of shit as well, which will be the difficult to phase out. I'm thinking all the vampire stuff first of all, and then I'll see what I'm in the mood for. Want to definitely check out their Sherlock Holmes stuff as well.

Blader

Last year I started watching stuff in chronological order, but that got real boring very quickly, so I shifted to doing sections of chronological order watching (e.g. some Vincent Price stuff in chronological order, then some Universal stuff, then some Hammer stuff, etc.) but that also ended up feeling really same-y.

So this year, I'm just grabbing a bunch of random stuff. No big theme, no chronological order, and mostly all from the 70s and 80s, plus two from last year that got buzz (one more than the other) that I'd be meaning to watch and now have a perfect excuse to do so.

So this year, I'm just grabbing a bunch of random stuff. No big theme, no chronological order, and mostly all from the 70s and 80s, plus two from last year that got buzz (one more than the other) that I'd be meaning to watch and now have a perfect excuse to do so.

This is what I do. Then I just watch it in either the mood that I'm in or I try to get a decent flow going. It's a process that takes a bit of time and is hard to explain...

MattyH

cant wait to get stuck in again this year going to town thursday to pick up some cheap horrors to go with the ones ive been stockpiling last few months

All of my first time views are going to be through Shudder this time around. I'm also going to try to seek out newer horror this year. I keep sticking with the 1930-early 2000s, and I know there's some good stuff out there. I've got 40 films lined up so far, but I'll be missing the last 3 days before Halloween due to my wedding.

I did a Hammer Horror marathon for 2014 and I had to leave out a number of faves including The Abominable Snowman and the three Mummy sequels...

-2014 The (mostly) Hammer Horror Ed.
  1. White Zombie (1932)
  2. The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
  3. The Revenge of Frankenstein (1959)
  4. Evil of Frankenstein (1964)
  5. Frankenstein Created Woman (1967)
  6. Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (1969)
  7. Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (1974)
  8. Horror of Dracula (1958)
  9. Dracula Prince of Darkness (1966)
  10. Dracula Has Risen From The Grave (1968)
  11. Taste the Blood of Dracula (1969)
  12. Scars of Dracula (1970)
  13. Dracula A.D. 1972 (1972)
  14. Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973)
  15. The Brides of Dracula (1960)
  16. Kiss of the Vampire (1963)
  17. The Vampire Lovers (1970)
  18. Lust for a Vampire (1971)
  19. Twins of Evil (1971)
  20. Vampire Circus (1972)
  21. Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter (1972)
  22. Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires (1974)
  23. Ravenous (1999)
  24. The Mummy (1959)
  25. The Reptile (1966)
  26. The Plague of the Zombies (1966)
  27. The Gorgon (1964)
  28. X The Unknown (1956)
  29. The Mummy (1932)
  30. The Wolf Man (1941)
  31. Trick 'R Treat (2007) (watched Nov. 1)

T.O.P

Banned
Halfway through my list, i wanted to wait for The Gallows and Train to Buan but i donnow if i will, really too excited to watch em

All of my first time views are going to be through Shudder this time around. I'm also going to try to seek out newer horror this year. I keep sticking with the 1930-early 2000s, and I know there's some good stuff out there. I've got 40 films lined up so far, but I'll be missing the last 3 days before Halloween due to my wedding.

Not a good enough reason to skip Halloween.

jk, congrats.

Top Bottom