• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 becomes the next-gen console for ADVs - Time Leap announced

klee123 said:
which is probably why visual novels never get ported to Nintendo systems.
Isn't the DS getting Higurashi and a couple of others?

Not to mention it got the witch touching game, which is probably more disturbing than Idolm@aster could ever be... yet Nintendo did nothing to stop it.

klee123

Metal Gear?! said:
Isn't the DS getting Higurashi and a couple of others?

Not to mention it got the witch touching game, which is probably more disturbing than Idolm@aster could ever be... yet Nintendo did nothing to stop it.

As I said before, it was more licensing costs than anything, especially during last gen. Obviously since Nintendo is #1 in Japan now, devs are gonna jump in despite the licensing costs.

icecream

Public Health Threat
klee123 said:
Sure there is! DVD>GD rom.
DVDs only became the standard medium for the genre within the last few years. And even then, most games seem to hover around 1-2GB. Not too hard for GD-ROM to handle with downscaling to 640x480, compressed audio and the like.

klee123 said:
If Nintendo was strict about content, it didn't stop SNK from going nuts with the ecchi type games. Sure it's not the same genre, but it's still not for kids.
They certainly seem to be taking a different approach with the DS, compared to their consoles. There are a lot of visual novels, risqué games, and ports that have not been seen before.

But then again, the Wii has this so perhaps Nintendo is taking a different stance this generation altogether.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Details now confirmed. As expected Prototype is publishing.

-No new characters, for existing characters will have new scenarios
-The game was originally planned with ~200 various movies and real-time event scenes, but they were unable to achieve that with the PC version. With the 360 version, they hope to get closer to that number.
-They're currently planning on including something similar to the benchmark in the PC version. (As a demo, perhaps?)

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Router said:
Japan loev exbox360.

124dn9z.jpg

HOLY SHITBOX THATS SOME CRAZY SETUP THERE!

ONLY 1 THING TO SAY THOUGH THAT ROOM MUST BE NICE AND LOUD

samsung-loud1_25.jpg

I thought my 1 XBOX was loud imagine all those babies turned on at once!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Router said:
Japan loev exbox360.

xbox360setup.jpg

All I can say is that this person has horrendous taste in Anime figures. The Saber and Aegis one is good, but I question the tastes of the person if that is some of the few good ones there.

rykomatsu

a) so considering there's 7 xbox's there, does that mean he owns the vast majority of all the 360's sold in Japan?

b) do most 360 owners in Japan own multiple 360's?

Hcoregamer00 said:
All I can say is that this person has horrendous taste in Anime figures. The Saber and Aegis one is good, but I question the tastes of the person if that is some of the few good ones there.

If that's a figure of Miura Azusa, then he has atleast some good taste :p

edit: is that a PS3 way to the left with the red light?
edit2: gyaru just basically means a tight bodied young girl. gal game just refers to games like say...clannad, air, and other visual novels/dating sims...so his/her userID basically means a gamer that plays dating sims and what not.

Enron

Banned
icecream said:
Details now confirmed. As expected Prototype is publishing.

-No new characters, for existing characters will have new scenarios
-The game was originally planned with ~200 various movies and real-time event scenes, but they were unable to achieve that with the PC version. With the 360 version, they hope to get closer to that number.
-They're currently planning on including something similar to the benchmark in the PC version. (As a demo, perhaps?)

Well, that's certainly a relief. I was afraid they were going to cut some scenarios or characters! or something!

Tntnnbltn

Dorfdad said:
I thought my 1 XBOX was loud imagine all those babies turned on at once!
Holy shit. I'd seen that picture ages ago, but until this post I never bothered to scroll right on my browser to look at the other half.

gkryhewy

Relix said:
On a more serious note.... some Japanese developers seem to be so persistent of putting content on 360, a console almost dead on the water. PS3 would obviously be more suited for this... and the 360 fanbase in japan seems to be far more "americanized". I don't know, just find it ironic. Good for Microsoft though... but I don't think this will be such a push.

Software sales in japan are comparably hideous on the two HD consoles. Otaku own 360s. The end.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Additional info from the Gemaga Interview:

Q: Why did you chose the 360?
Tabeta Toshio (Director, Protoype): If you look simply in terms of market size, then the PS2 would be the best choice, but a game like this simply exceeds the capabilities of the PS2.

Q: Is there any DLC planned?
Tabeta: We'll certainly have things such as different outfits available but hopefully we'll be able to do things such as extra compilations as well.
Yamakawa Ryuichiro (Producer, Front Wing): Hopefully we'll be able to do some really interesting things with the benchmark as well.
Tabeta: To clarify about the DLC earlier, the content won't be something like a sequel work, but more like additional side stories for the characters.

Q: Will there be any additional scenarios?
Tabeta: There will be no additional characters, but the existing characters will have more developed and expanded stories.
Yamakawa: There were originally around 200 movie and event scenes, but in the PC version we were unable to package more than around 100. With the debut of the 360 version, I hope to revive that original plan as much as possible. For example, right now we're prepared maid uniforms for all of the members.

Seems like they want to go the IM@S route with the DLC.

Foxix Von

124dn9z.jpg

Oohhhh, my god. First I was looking over at the red light and thought, "hey, is that a ps2? Whoa there's another 360 BEHIND the ps2 on the left!"

However I then realized that the sub woofer looked oddly familiar... then I noticed that me and that guy have the same shitastic home theater in a box setup....

I now fear for my sanity gaf... save me.

Wow, I wanna see it running, but from stills it looks like it's actually on par with an anime. That's pretty impressive. Seems like a waste for such neat tech though...

zoku88

_Xenon_ said:
Isn't this game supposed to be hgame? How can it pass Microsoft's certification?

And is it wrong with me that somehow I want to own this game? :lol :lol
Console ports of hgames never contain hentai...

rykomatsu

i don't know which is sadder...

a) the fact that even at 640x480, I can't break 23fps on the benchmark demo
or
b) the fact that the 3d engine is so demanding for such a game.

on the flipside, the benchmark demo looks very impressive and puts idolm@ster's celshading to shame...

no hentai tentacle rape scene benchmark demo for people that might want to give it a quick spin...
http://mirror.tsundere.ne.jp/downlo...0df9f1688126a1b4c3137b/TimeLeap_Bench_web.zip

have no clue about anything about the game itself though...frontwing's website is so vague..

klee123 said:
As I said before, it was more licensing costs than anything, especially during last gen. Obviously since Nintendo is #1 in Japan now, devs are gonna jump in despite the licensing costs.
Okay, but obviously the "never get ported" part is no longer true. Higurashi is out.

duckroll

Metal Gear?! said:
Okay, but obviously the "never get ported" part is no longer true. Higurashi is out.

Yeah and look how they're selling Higurashi on DS. It's split into 4 releases at 30 bucks each. How many visual novels can you think of that can afford to charge 120 bucks for a portable version? Higurashi is a strong enough brand name to risk that, most aren't.

Durante

I just ran the benchmark for shits and giggles and got 60 fps average with 8xAA at maximum res. But damn, that's the most impressive realtime Cel shading I've ever seen.

Durante

It really is impressive:
4gntyf.jpg

Of course, when comparing this to a normal game one has to consider that an ADV / visual novel usually only renders a very limited number of characters in a very small setting, so that makes it much easier from a technical point of view.

Those shots are good. I'd actually buy this. I'd also buy idolm@ster.

What? I'm a pervert, so what :p Go and play your Nascar games or whatever the hell you like if you don't like this stuff :p

Although there's no chance of a PAL release, ever, ever, ever, even in the US got it. Sooo...

*waits for PS3 port*

Android18a said:
Those shots are good. I'd actually buy this. I'd also buy idolm@ster.

What? I'm a pervert, so what :p Go and play your Nascar games or whatever the hell you like if you don't like this stuff :p

Although there's no chance of a PAL release, ever, ever, ever, even in the US got it. Sooo...

*waits for PS3 port*
I'm pretty sure this is just coming to PC/360.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Mefisutoferesu said:
I'm pretty sure this is just coming to PC/360.
It's already out for PC. It's coming to 360 because the only next-gen hardware Prototype has taken up is the 360.

Durante said:
Of course, when comparing this to a normal game one has to consider that an ADV / visual novel usually only renders a very limited number of characters in a very small setting, so that makes it much easier from a technical point of view.
Nothing less than Idolm@ster.

rykomatsu said:
uhm...i'm PRETTY sure 8800's were out already...thought it was released in Dec '07
Not that it was that much better of a jump. The PC game itself seemed more constrained by the CPU than the GPU.

rykomatsu

icecream said:
Not that it was that much better of a jump. The PC game itself seemed more constrained by the CPU than the GPU.

i dunno...i was monitoring my cpu use on my phenom 9500 and e8400 last night and they rarely went past 25% use with all cores combined...

vireland

Cianalas said:
What does gyaru mean? Is it what I think it is?

Pretty sure it's just "gal" or "chick". So, "Gal Gamer" in English, which is a relief to some extent if it really is a female. That room is frightening.

Enron

Banned
vireland said:
Pretty sure it's just "gal" or "chick". So, "Gal Gamer" in English, which is a relief to some extent if it really is a female. That room is frightening.

correct! "Gal"

however, no to the bolded part unfortunately.

Top Bottom