• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Headset Alternatives?

Haeleos

I play my 360 with headphones on. As such, wearing the headset and the headphones at the same time is ridiculous and awkward.

Are there any alternatives to the 360 headset that are mic only? I can't seem to find any.

Haeleos

I have Sennheiser HD555 headphones, so I'm looking for an individual mic as apposed to a new headset.

ascully

I use the Plantronics X30 its made for the 360, its basically the old halo headset that came out for the xbox 1 but redesigned for the 360, its much louder than the standard MS one but not quite as comfortable.

Haeleos

Alright, I guess a Microphone only solution doesn't exist for 360. Beside the fact no one read the original thread properly, this sucks.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Haeleos said:
Alright, so I guess a Microphone only solution doesn't exist for 360. That sucks.

Use what was suggested above: buy a clip-on microphone for cell phones with a separate ear-bud and receiver that dangles a little lower on the cord, clip that onto your "gaming headphones" so that the receiver lines up with your mouth, and have the voice receiver option set to "speakers only" while letting the ear bud just hang off the side or something. It might be a little awkward, but by buying a pair of gaming headphones, you've accepted all awkward feelings that may result.

tak

Haeleos said:
Alright, I guess a Microphone only solution doesn't exist for 360. Beside the fact no one read the original thread properly, this sucks.
The mic plug on the controller is a standardized mic plug; it's not something that only Microsoft certified products work with. There are a lot of options open to you.

MercuryLS

Banned
Got a brand new Gamecom X30 for $20 shipped from ebay.

It looks like a good headset.

PlantronicsGameComX30large.jpg

Haeleos

tak said:
The mic plug on the controller is a standardized mic plug; it's not something that only Microsoft certified products work with. There are a lot of options open to you.

So I can plug a regular PC microphone into the 360 mic port? My bad. I wasn't sure you could do this because the plug on the 360 looked so different.

Top Bottom