• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Puyo Puyo 2 and 3D Power Drift confirmed for 3DS [JP only retail collection]

Correct. You can boot to the frontend but not any of the actual games (actually, I think one works and the rest don't? I forget). Maybe the new compilation will work, who knows.
I have to say it reminds me of the IOS reload problem that affected game compilation Wii games usually when played on USB loader such as Metroid Prime Trilogy, House of the Dead 2+3 and Sam & Max (I think in this one episode worked) or might be a side effect of the crashed system menu that region free hacks on the 3DS do (pressing home locks up the system). The latter can be tested with a Japanese system (pointlessly use region hack to run game there) and if it works perfect then it is some sort of system language compatibility (that you also saw sometimes on the Wii, basically game would detect it is running on an English system and try to load a non-existent English script file and crash).

I think it is unlikely they will change the frontend and game bundling for this compilation so I'd also expect it to remain non-working.

I personally hope in the west we get a faux series 3 comprised of the retail exclusive games in the west as the USP in Japan for those releases are the exclusive games but it seems daft to leave the games on the table (also don't forget improved version of Space Harrier seen in the retail release).

Lettuce

why complaining for unlikely localization when you can go Youtube and then buy the japanese version?

anyway, I'll get this one too probably (the first volume is still unsealed lol )

Im sure you cant access the eShop when using the Youtube exploit

EDIT: Forget that, didnt notice there was a Vol. 2 retail release

Correct. You can boot to the frontend but not any of the actual games (actually, I think one works and the rest don't? I forget). Maybe the new compilation will work, who knows.

Ah ok, so there is not a full compatibility with tubehax

it's a pity that western countries can't have a retail version, but it's the norm by now considering how many digital titles in the west have a retail version in Japan

The latter can be tested with a Japanese system (pointlessly use region hack to run game there) and if it works perfect then it is some sort of system language compatibility (that you also saw sometimes on the Wii, basically game would detect it is running on an English system and try to load a non-existent English script file and crash).

but the japan3DS has only japan as language, it's not multilanguage as it was the DS

I'm trying Youkai Watch right now and it works perfectly

Tried the volume 1 : Outrun, Space Harrier, Shinobi II, all worked; I think a jpn 3DS can't be used as a test, probably for the lack of multilangues

Tried the volume 1 : Outrun, Space Harrier, Shinobi II, all worked; I think a jpn 3DS can't be used as a test, probably for the lack of multilangues
The point of the test is to work out which thing is causing the problem; The region free loader or the system menu language.

Looks like they're reprinting the first collection and releasing a double pack the same day. 7,549 yen on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B015XOOSQY/

71lpUL7l3GL._SL1000_.jpg

Top Bottom