• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they could have obviously fixed that, but didnt. The 3DS might be a lost cause at this point when it comes to having a competent online by today's standards. But at least every little improvement gives more hope the WiiU will be ok.

This is what I come to GAF for. Huge leaps in logic and conclusions drawn with little evidence to back them

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Actually, what did the 3DS have on launch that the Wii didn't? I think the Wii actually had more features since it's jump start lol. Not looking good by those standards...

• Online games. The first Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection game for Wii was Pokemon Battle Revolution seven months after launch.
  • Original digital software. WiiWare wasn't available until a year and a half after launch.
  • A completely functional internet browser. The Opera browser for Wii was only in beta when it launched.
  • Running games from the SD card. The 3DS's version of this is also improved over the Wii's, which merely copies the game to the internal memory and boots it from there.

Probably a lot more miscellaneous stuff.

Takao

Banned
Seems that like Xenoblade, our PAL brothers get this first.

• Online games. The first Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection game for Wii was Pokemon Battle Revolution seven months after launch.
  • Original digital software. WiiWare wasn't available until a year and a half after launch.
  • A completely functional internet browser. The Opera browser for Wii was only in beta when it launched.
  • Running games from the SD card. The 3DS's version of this is also improved over the Wii's, which merely copies the game to the internal memory and boots it from there.

3DS didn't launch with these.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
  • Online games. First WFC game for Wii was Pokemon Battle Revolution seven months after launch.
  • A completely functional internet browser. The Opera browser for Wii was only in beta when it launch.

Now that's five years of progress, baby!

M3d10n

US 3DS in Brazil, getting an error too. I'll leave it on overnight to see if it downloads the update via spotpass.

Captain N

3dsupdate.jpg

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I AM ERROR

I wonder why it works for some and errors for others. Location doesn't seem to be an issue. (And if it does, I'm in Atlanta, GA.)

Boney

Banned
Mii Plaza has spot pass features as well as the new puzzles and find mii 2

and a fuckton of achievements

Takao

Banned
Are you going into the E-shop? It won't alert you to the update, you have to go there first

oh btw, done the download, and system finished rebooting w00t

I went into the eShop and got a maintenance error. So I go into System Settings and I get an "Unable to Update" error.

EDIT: Zomgosh, it's working now.

Nintendo's take on achievements. Right now there are 78 that you can get for doing different things in Mii Plaza. I unlocked 18 as soon as I launched Mii Plaza after the update. Examples are "Completed a Puzzle Swap Panel", "Plaza Population Reached 10, 50, 100", "1st, 10th, and 50th StreetPass Tags", "Met Mii Characters from 2, 3 Different Countries", and the list goes on

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Can we be a little more detailed here

What's the music street pass and what's up w accomplishments

Medalion

Banned
Just hit up Mii Plaza, getting all sorts of Achievement announcements and am adding new Mii's from different places online lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom