• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Find Mii II I got all the way to the last room but the boss has like 5 HP left lol. Anyways here are all the hats I got. Spoilers!!!!

In no order.

Epona Hat
Donkey Kong hat
Arwing Hat
Floral Hat
Top Hat
Ninja Hood
Yoshi Hat
Hats left for me to get, 50 lol.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I recorded a video on my 3DS and uploaded it to the Youtubes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeE8Cp09zbI

Why no automatic 3D option? How do I enable that?

W72yE.png

?

Zebra

The map is cool, but it would be cooler if it were a full globe.

Also, I noticed in the puzzle piece thing that the background suddenly looked like autumn. Did it ever change seasons before and I just never noticed, or is this new?

BooJoh

Hey, they added a QR scanner -- finally.

On the Home Menu, tap L or R to pull up the mini camera, and you'll see a QR symbol on the bottom corner of the screeen. Tap it and you're prompted to align the code in the camera. Once you do so, it displays the website URL and prompts you to tap A to switch to the web browser.

Nice.

Awesome, I was hoping they'd add this.

Medalion

Banned
So I uploaded the AVI from the 3DS from SD to youtube, is there supposed to be an option to enable 3D after awhile?

PSGames

Well this is weird. It appears when you take video from the front or rear cameras the picture is significantly darker than when you take photos.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Do friends and whatnot transfer to the new system?

Doesn't exactly mention it. Assuming the friendslist and etc are part of system settings configuration then no, it says they won't be.

-Any time-limited add-on content and add-on content w/ a limited number of uses purchased on the target system will be lost.

-Any software or add-on content on both source and target system will be replaced w/that of the source system.

your old 3DS more or less becomes a vegetable after the transfer.

Things load quicker... By which I mean the black screen with Nintendo 3DS logo seems to be on screen only briefly now.

Eshop is reporting that its under maintenance in the UK too BTW.

enishi

There are not only 1, but 3 retail game demos available in Japan eshop.

Monster Hunter Tri G
Cooking Mama 4
Crayons Shin-Chan

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Doesn't exactly mention it. Assuming the friendslist and etc are part of system settings configuration then no, it says they won't be.

-Any time-limited add-on content and add-on content w/ a limited number of uses purchased on the target system will be lost.

-Any software or add-on content on both source and target system will be replaced w/that of the source system.

your old 3DS more or less becomes a vegetable after the transfer.

Can I transfer my Ambassador games to a new system? Will I have any trouble gaining access to the GBA games down the road on my new system?

Well this is weird. It appears when you take video from the front or rear cameras the picture is significantly darker than when you take photos.
With photos it is likely enhancing the image in the moving preview and then taking a photo at a given ISO, probably variable depending on shooting mode and amount of light - whereas, when shooting video the ISO / shutter speed are probably fixed. Just a guess.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I really want to try Find Mii II but the rubbish final boss of the first one won't die. if only Marcos would streetpass me again so i can use his mii's lvl7 fire magic to finish up that prick.

Ridley327

I really want to try Find Mii II but the rubbish final boss of the first one won't die. if only Marcos would streetpass me again so i can use his mii's lvl7 fire magic to finish up that prick.

You can actually rehire all of the Miis you've used. Level 7 Miis cost 9 coins.

There's a limit of three rehired Miis that you can use, though.

Mafro

Can you use SpotPass Miis from Mario Kart in StreetPass Quest/Find Mii? I've only ever had two StreetPasses and got fed up of wasting coins in that game.

Ridley327

I never knew that, or is that a new feature?

Brand new feature they added.

The new tricks they throw at you with the new monsters will certainly make Find Mii 2 a lot more interesting. There's an early enemy that has a chance of scaring off your lead Mii before he has the chance to take action.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Can I transfer my Ambassador games to a new system?
Yea.

Will I have any trouble gaining access to the GBA games down the road on my new system?
Dunno, doesn't mention anything about the eShop account. To be on the safe side, it might be best to wait until the ambassador games come out in the next six or seven years before buying a new system and transferring stuff over

EloquentM

aka Mannny
btw there's a new button in the friendslist for adding friends no matter where you are on the list as opposed to before where you had to scroll all the way back to your first card.

fuck yeah. Rehiring mii's is rad.

Would make the eventual 'break *color* shield' mission less of a pain.

Have like 200 coins stocked up over the days, so should make some progress tonight ;)

Murrah

Banned
how do you rehire old mii's?

btw there's a new button in the friendslist for adding friends no matter where you are on the list as opposed to before where you had to scroll all the way back to your first card.

Figures this update would happen a couple hours after I just added 40 something GAFers in the Mario Kart thread

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Cool, thanks.

Dunno, doesn't mention anything about the eShop account. To be on the safe side, it might be best to wait until the ambassador games come out in the next six or seven years before buying a new system and transferring stuff over

Ha! I lol'd. Well, I'm thinking I might pick up a Zelda LE system tomorrow. As soon as it gets here, I'll transfer over my stuff and sell my launch unit. I guess I'll just hope for the best.

M3d10n

Browser was updated too, from 1.7412 to 1.7455. No visible changes, might be related to the QR codes plus some bug fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom