• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Thread

CPCunha

I have one question... couldn't find the answer.

I'm in Brazil and i've only met 3 other dudes with 3dss in my town...how the hell am i supposed to get the pink puzzle blocks? There's no NintendoZone in sight.

Other Brazilians feeling my pain?

<=0(

Javier

I'm in Brazil and i've only met 3 other dudes with 3dss in my town...how the hell am i supposed to get the pink puzzle blocks? There's no NintendoZone in sight.

<=0(
Don't worry too much about those yet. They are apparently given through SpotPass but nobody seems to have them yet.

OMG Aero

Don't worry too much about those yet. They are apparently given through SpotPass but nobody seems to have them yet.
I got a pink Donkey Kong Country puzzle piece from someone else in Streetpass the other day so they definitely aren't Spotpass only.
In fact, if anyone else has the Donkey Kong puzzle where are the pink spaces on it for you? Mine are in the centre four pieces of the puzzle and I'm starting to wonder if that's the same for everyone (In which case I have no idea how the guy I passed had one of them) or if the pink pieces are in different places for everyone so the idea is that the pieces that you can't get alone are normal for other people and Streetpass is the only way to get them.

Javier

I got a pink Donkey Kong Country puzzle piece from someone else in Streetpass the other day so they definitely aren't Spotpass only.
In fact, if anyone else has the Donkey Kong puzzle where are the pink spaces on it for you? Mine are in the centre four pieces of the puzzle and I'm starting to wonder if that's the same for everyone (In which case I have no idea how the guy I passed had one of them) or if the pink pieces are in different places for everyone so the idea is that the pieces that you can't get alone are normal for other people and Streetpass is the only way to get them.
Well, yeah. Once you get them on SpotPass, you can StreetPass them. What you definitely can't do is buy them with coins.

And yeah, I have the DKCR puzzle too, and the pink pieces are the four in the center. I also got the Pilotwings puzzle from a StreetPass and that one has the four center pieces colored pink too.

Nobody has claimed to have gotten a piece through SpotPass yet. Maybe they got the pink piece as their starting piece?

Peterthumpa

<=0(

I feel your pain. Living in Belo Horizonte, bought my 3DS like... 3 weeks ago. Basically no one streetpassed yet. Though my local store said that they're selling shit tons of 3DSs. Maybe people are mainly buying them for their kids and they don't know shit about setting up the online options? Who knows.

watershed

Banned
I need some help in FindMii 2!

How do I get rid of a jinx that a ghoul uses? It fills the room with some kind of symbol then all my heroes turn away.

chooch81

Prior to the december update my 3DS was doing this

My 3DS seems to have developed a fairly minor fault. I keep putting it into sleep mode and then placing it in the charging dock. When I come back a few hours later (or overnight) it has switched itself off. This has happened a few times now and I think it was doing it before the update as well.

And after it is doing this:

Since the latest update I have seen a change in the behaviour of the above fault. Now the 3DS does not switch off when in sleep mode while charging, however it will not wake from sleep mode when I open the screen

I'll put the 3DS to bed, come back to it a few hours later and the blue light will still be glowing, open the lid to be met with 2 black screens. Wait a few seconds/a minute and it still doesnt wake. I then have to hold the power button down and press a few buttons before the thing will switch off allowing me to restart it normally.

It only seems to do this while charging. If I put it into sleep mode and dont put it in the charger it'll work as intended when I go to wake it up.

Otherwise I have no issues at all with the unit and this is only a minor bug but I'm concerned about it developing into something more.

It was bought from Amazon so not easily returnable/swapped out and I don't want to lose my ambassador games etc

Anyone else have the same issue?

There is.

It's called "Consolidated List of PS Vita Flaws".

KuGsj.gif
SMH

I wanted new pokemons for my Pokedex and got a damn pause button?

tsab

Prior to the december update my 3DS was doing this

My 3DS seems to have developed a fairly minor fault. I keep putting it into sleep mode and then placing it in the charging dock. When I come back a few hours later (or overnight) it has switched itself off. This has happened a few times now and I think it was doing it before the update as well.

And after it is doing this:

Since the latest update I have seen a change in the behaviour of the above fault. Now the 3DS does not switch off when in sleep mode while charging, however it will not wake from sleep mode when I open the screen

I'll put the 3DS to bed, come back to it a few hours later and the blue light will still be glowing, open the lid to be met with 2 black screens. Wait a few seconds/a minute and it still doesnt wake. I then have to hold the power button down and press a few buttons before the thing will switch off allowing me to restart it normally.

It only seems to do this while charging. If I put it into sleep mode and dont put it in the charger it'll work as intended when I go to wake it up.

Otherwise I have no issues at all with the unit and this is only a minor bug but I'm concerned about it developing into something more.

It was bought from Amazon so not easily returnable/swapped out and I don't want to lose my ambassador games etc

Anyone else have the same issue?

Sorry to hear this fellow gaffers :(

Try this:
Power off the 3DS, remove the SD. Power it on again and try the above mentioned problem. If it doesn't freeze again try replacing the SD

chooch81

Sorry to hear this fellow gaffers :(

Try this:
Power off the 3DS, remove the SD. Power it on again and try the above mentioned problem. If it doesn't freeze again try replacing the SD

I'll give that a go tonight. Ive also emailed amazon to see if they are open to the idea of sending me a replacement and allowing me to do the transfer before returning the faulty one.

watershed

Banned
I'll give that a go tonight. Ive also emailed amazon to see if they are open to the idea of sending me a replacement and allowing me to do the transfer before returning the faulty one.

You should try Nintendo, they will probably ask you to send it in and either fix it or give you a new one and they will do the transfer for you. If you ever have issues with Nintendo hardware remember they have great customer service.

chooch81

You should try Nintendo, they will probably ask you to send it in and either fix it or give you a new one and they will do the transfer for you. If you ever have issues with Nintendo hardware remember they have great customer service.

Unfortunately we do not get the same standard of customer service from Nintendo in the UK!

It's all contracted out to people called code storm who I don't have great confidence in.

watershed

Banned
Unfortunately we do not get the same standard of customer service from Nintendo in the UK!

It's all contracted out to people called code storm who I don't have great confidence in.

Oh, didn't realize you weren't in the US, that sucks (about UK Nintendo customer service, not "it sucks you aren't in the US", well then amazon probably is your best bet.

joesmokey

Are there any standard case recommendations? I want something that fits the 3DS smugly so I can throw it in something easily while traveling. I haven't seen anything spectacular at Target/Best Buy, etc.

OMG Aero

Pull And Go Folio
http://i.imgur.com/prlto.jpg

The executive case comes out.

I have this and would recommend it too. The full case has enough room for all the games you'd ever want to bring with you if you are going somewhere for a long time, and the pull-out part with the console is great for short journeys or if you just want to take it out on a walk to get some coins or streetpass hits.

Also you can't see it in that photo, but the pull-out part has space for two extra games in it too.

zigg

In my experience, you can't actually load the Pull and Go completely full of games... it's too tight in there when you do. Squishes the 3DS, can exacerbate screen scratching as a result, etc.

Plus the stitching on the small case started pulling loose, so I ended up switching to a much looser, softer case I got for $9 from Costco, cheap, the Power A Transporter. Much happier with that; I feel like my 3DS is going to be treated much better inside it, and I still get to carry a ton of games.

I bought that one for my DSi back in the days. it has gone through hell and back since then and it still looks fabulous and keeps the 3DS 100% safe. there's place for 6-8 games. the best part is that it's small and I can fit it easily in my pants sidepockets.

8vtF6.jpg

Dpbm7.jpg

it's made my BigBen btw and cost me 5 euros years ago

zoukka

So is there like a weekday when the Eshop gets updated with new content or something, or is it completely arbitary?

Is Hulu Plus still scheduled to be released before the end of the year on 3DS and Wii? Not sure if I missed it in this update but it's something my family is looking forward to having.

So is there like a weekday when the Eshop gets updated with new content or something, or is it completely arbitary?

Thursday is when new games come out on the E-Shop in the States. Big system updates can land on weird times on other days though.

Question about friends lists: If someone deletes you from their friend's list, does their name go back to waiting for approval on your system? Nearing 100 friends, and may need to make room soon.

Luigison

I accidentally threw away my AR cards and never got to use them. They're not available at the eShop, but can I make new ones with a black and white laser printer or do they have to be in color?

Do they just activate preprogrammed 3D images or does the 3DS get data from the card like the eReader did or with QRcode?

I accidentally threw away my AR cards and never got to use them. They're not available at the eShop, but can I make new ones with a black and white laser printer or do they have to be in color?

Do they just activate preprogrammed 3D images or does the 3DS get data from the card like the eReader did or with QRcode?

They have to be color, but yes you can reprint them.

M3d10n

You can find them in PDF format in the Nintendo support site. Two tips:

1) Use a paper that doesn't bend easily.
2) Avoid glossy/photo paper: it's too reflective which messes up the detection.
3) For best results it's better to get them printed in a professional print shop, since they have awesome printers, all sorts of paper and precision cutters.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
They're not available at the eShop, but can I make new ones with a black and white laser printer or do they have to be in color?

They work fine in black & white -- I printed out different sizes, and all of them work fine in greyscale.

Well there is the option to copy your entire system onto the SD card. You could do that and get a replacement system, assuming Amazon does that (or code storm). That option preserves EVERYTHING

Top Bottom