• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Drops to $169.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

dvolovets said:
OK... I was an already adopter, I'm a huge fan of Nintendo... and I am beyond pissed off right now. Almost a $100 dollar price drop this soon?

you get 20 free games

should be on the thread title btw

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The sales must be really poor, and if they can afford to make such a big price cut, then they really overpriced the damn thing during launch.

Narag

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

Almost tempted to buy one pre-pricedrop now.

DanteFox

WOW. Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a lite version soon. I'm thinking maybe within one calendar year.

Bluth54

I was going to wait for a 3DSXL, but at that price and with 20 free games I'll be getting one as soon as Amazon drops the price.

Edit: I thought I would get the free games if I bought after the price drop. Shows how important fully reading the press release is and not jumping to conclusions.

Now I'm not so sure. I'll have to think on it.

Goon Boon said:
All I gotta do is find one place selling it for $170 before the price drop occurs, then I get low price AND gba games :O

Walmart, best buy, target, and Amazon will adjust the price within 30 days. Just go buy one the week before...

baekshi said:
I knew it, vita is now fucked. Glad I waited though!

notsureifserious.jpg
But i guess this is a pretty solid response to the vita starting price. Come christmas it will be a 100 dollar difference? Thats a pretty big consumer incentive

Hiltz

Holy cow.

Now there's an even better reason to buy a 3DS, but I should still really wait.
Argh!! Decisions, decisions.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Persona7 said:
They are not free.

You just paid for them in advance.

lol Good point.

Still, I don't feel like I'm out any money this way. I love classic Nintendo games :)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The Ambassador program content won't be available for the general public to purchase? Oh Nintendo. XD

I still think the 3DS is suffering from a branding issue the most out of anything. The price drop will definitely help, but with no redesign you can count me out.

Seriously? I guess the free games are awesome, but this is close to being a $100 price drop. I guess it's nice to own GBA games that they won't release to the general public. They could have at least offered us a voucher for one free 3DS game of our choosing.

Edit: Yoshi's Island is on that list! Hell Yeah! :D

Well, I'm getting 20 free games! xD

Edit: As a game store employee, I'm expecting a massive upswing in 3DS sales(which I've been starting to see, we had a Pokemon tournament last week and there were several 3DSes used) and will report in if I see anything.

Ugh, I bought this at midnight launch. :|9 Oh well, I'm happy for Nintendo, because now more and more people can buy this great system. Oh, and Nintendo, please bring the red 3DS stateside.

DonMigs85

Wow, an $80 drop less than 6 months after launch? Sales must really be slow.
Glad I waited. Maybe Nintendo's bloated profit margins and greed finally caught up with them.

Salsa

I actually thought this would come but that they were gonna wait to see how the system does after the first Mario game for it comes out. Sales should be much better by then. The reason its selling so bad its because its lacking software. Put a Mario Kart in there and watch the things sell themselves.

gerg

Mr_Brit said:
You're seriously going to spend $80 extra for 10 DD NES games?

Early adopters also get 10 GBA VC games that won't be available for people who purchase a 3DS after the price drop.

MarkusRJR

First impression: RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! ASDFGKMHIMGWRMGIMSFIBM!!!!!!!!!!!

After a few moments: Wait... free exclusive games for early adopters? YAY! :D

KarmaCow

Narag said:
Almost tempted to buy one pre-pricedrop now.

Oh they're definitely going to put it on the VC eventually. That's just leaving money on the table.

Now it'll probably be like $7 each so it'll be cheaper this way if you intended on getting them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom