• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Game Reviews/Recommendations/Condemnations Thread | We've been separated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

need to decide between buying $30 Mario Kart 7 as a used cartridge (best deal I can get where I live), or just say fuck it and buy digitally for $40

I think it'd be nice to have the game on the go whenever so yay digital, but I equally feel bad about buying such an old game full price, I know the online community is probably still active but yeah..

think im just gonna get the cartridge, right? $10 is $10 and I have the advantage of reselling or whatever

Yeah, just get the cart, when you get bored of it you can probably resell it for those same 30 bucks.

I'm debating whether or not it is worth going Digital on 3DS games. I finally bought an "OG" 3DS and transfered my digital games over, you can only transfer five times and now I'm down to 3. It's weird. I'm too lazy to change the cartridge sometimes, so that's one of the benefits of going digital. I guess it also depends if the game has a physical manual or not, that could make a difference.

y2dvd

My gawd, I am hooked up FE: Awakening. It's scary how trying to build relationships is what's hooking me and it affects my strategic positioning. I've played for hours straight. What have I done buying a 3DS?!

I haven't bought Pokémon X/Y or Zelda yet, I'm wondering if it might be worth going digital. Do either of those come with a paper manual?

There are many racing games digital and retail, I've only tried a few demos personally.

The lack of Resident Evil Revelations on your lists is disturbing.

Also, did everyone else and their mother forgot about Dillon's Rolling Western ? The game is good.

Kansoku

I think it's way better to have this central thread instead of having a new one for every new owner of 3DS asking for game recommendations.

BraXzy

I think a new thread would be great. I would happily contribute to it if it was updated a bit more.

I'm currently trying to put one together.. I don't want it to be just a list of every 3DS game available so I am trying to make it just the cream of the crop. What games in everyones opinion are must haves for the 3DS?

The layout I'm thinking is: eShop titles, Retail titles, coming soon (So people who are deciding on whether or not to get one can see what is in store in the future too or just for people who might not know they are coming out)

What games in everyones opinion are must haves for the 3DS?
Going off my collection alone:
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Pokemon X/Y
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Style Savvy: Trendsetters
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Etrian Odyssey IV
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Kid Icarus Uprising

Left off because they are more niche but still quality:
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Senran Kagura Burst
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  • Code of Princess
  • Project X Zone

I don't own Donkey Kong Country Returns but I've heard good things about it.

I'm currently trying to put one together.. I don't want it to be just a list of every 3DS game available so I am trying to make it just the cream of the crop. What games in everyones opinion are must haves for the 3DS?

The layout I'm thinking is: eShop titles, Retail titles, coming soon (So people who are deciding on whether or not to get one can see what is in store in the future too or just for people who might not know they are coming out)
Based on what I've played
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Style Savvy Trendsetters
- Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Resident Evil: Revelaitons

Left off some games that are probably quality, but haven't played enough.

Salsa

finished AA5. so good. best of the series after 3

still playing A Link Between Worlds and loving it, and I guess im getting that Mario Kart 7 tomorrow

lots of 3DS love this week

RM8

Guys are there any good racing games for the 3DS besides Mario Kart 7?
I personally love Ridge Racer 3D, but then some people think it's not good. I don't know what they'd think that :p Plus it's probably super cheap now. Then some people really like ATV Wild Ride 3D, while I personally didn't and on top of that I can't stand the BGM, which kind of ruins it for me. Plus 3D Super Hang-On. So good, it's like crack to me.

You might want to Google/YouTube:

- Crash City Mayhem (mission based racer, looks okay and I might buy it, it's a new entry in the Runabout series)
- Asphalt 3D (if this is like Asphalt on phones, then it's an okay arcade racer and probably super cheap)
- F1 2011 (by Codemasters, mixed reviews, very cheap now)
- Need for Speed: The Run (mixed reviews)

codhand

any new XL grips on the market that are good? i got one that was a rubber POS.

edit nevermind, i'll post in the new thread.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Goddamn the 3DS is so uncomfortable... playing Starfox 3DS and LOVING it!
Couple of questions tho: how can I play both modes without deleting my save? I mean it let me decide at the start if I wanted to go 3DS mode or N64 mode, but it tells me it'll delete my save if I start a new campaign... what am I missing?
Do I have to beat the game first? Will I also be able to choose different paths or I need to redo the campaign each time even if I'm missing just a new stage only?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Holy cow. I had a Walmart gift card from work that I used to order SMTIV. I wasn't sure why it was so expensive but I figured, hell, work is paying for it so I'll give it a shot.

So when I got my mail today I found out they give you ALL the SMTIV with your $50. This huge-ass box shows up with a prima guide and soundtrack, and even a slip case! Not a bad package but it seems kind of shady that they still charge this price for the digital version, I don't know if it comes with digital versions of the guide and soundtrack however.

I loved the Persona games I've played. Soul Hackers bored me near the end and I never beat it (yet), I hope this engages me as much as the Persona games.

I'm looking for two types of games.

1. Games that are truly great on the go, pick up and play games.

2. Games that are good for playing while listening to podcasts. This means there's little to no reading, not much story, and I can pay full attention to the podcast while simply reacting to what I'm playing.

Sora_N

I'm looking for two types of games.

1. Games that are truly great on the go, pick up and play games.

2. Games that are good for playing while listening to podcasts. This means there's little to no reading, not much story, and I can pay full attention to the podcast while simply reacting to what I'm playing.

Pushmo? If you like puzzle games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom