• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3ds max experts: Question from a n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a little excercise that consists of animating a ball bouncing on three consecutive boxes. I got it all done pretty easily, except one thing. I can't get the Spring controller to work on the boxes.

I tried increasing and decreasing the different spinners of the controller, but I can't get it to work. Is there some obvious thing I'm passing by? Do I have to combine controllers to get it right? Could someone help me? Please.

Leguna

Banned
BatiGOOOOOOL:
I want to help, but I don't think I'm quite understanding. I've never used the Spring Controller, but maybe your problem is that the boxes don't have enough geometry.

What I want to do is that every time the ball touches one of the boxes, each box will bounce up and down in a spring -like motion. I know I can do it manually, but I have to use the controller for this exercise. Plus it is easier, I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Used it a couple of times before but never had a problem until now.

Leguna

Banned
I got it to work just fine. I had no problems. I used the spring controller on a box the same way I used it on a sphere. Make sure your mass is about 300 and drag set to about .5 to really see it bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom