• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Update Now Available: Adds Miiverse, L+R to activate camera, etc

TL21xx

Banned
So I just downloaded the update and linked my NNID to my 3DS. I chose to use my Mii from the Wii U. I was about to start up Mario 3D Land on my 3DS when I saw that my save data was gone. Either I did something wrong and it deleted my data, or my save was tied to the Mii and is now gone forever. My copy of 3D Land was digital if that makes any difference.

Anyone else running into this sort of problem?

Frolow

Banned
Nice to finally be able to export photos now.

zlCfzROIQH4-QB2BIY

Great stuff.

Salsa

fuck it, have to go with Florida cause I have $40 on there that I dont wanna spend yet :/

as someone in latin america: eShop cards 4ever for me I guess D:

Cannot get past 50% on the update screen. Keeps restarting. I have the Miiverse in the upper right but it errors whenever I try to open it. My 3DS always has trouble doing internet shit.

TDLink

The transfer still requires two systems, so people who lose it or have it stolen might be in trouble.

Hm, guess you're right there. Although surely it will be much easier to do the transfer now with a customer service rep with the NNID. It's also not hard to believe that in the future you will be able to unlink the NNID from a system either on a different system (your Wii U) or via the internet somehow.

KarmaCow

Just going to post this again because as far as I can tell, screenshot functionality is extremely limited.

1) Did Capcom disable Miiverse screenshots in MH3 on the 3DS as well?
2) Since screenshots are tied to posts, does that mean you can't create screenshots of games that don't have a community/thread?

Seems the Mii Plaza update was to fix some errors with incorrect pricing appearing for the Street Pass games. At least according to the Japanese site.

So I just downloaded the update and linked my NNID to my 3DS. I chose to use my Mii from the Wii U. I was about to start up Mario 3D Land on my 3DS when I saw that my save data was gone. Either I did something wrong and it deleted my data, or my save was tied to the Mii and is now gone forever. My copy of 3D Land was digital if that makes any difference.

Anyone else running into this sort of problem?

Retail copy here. My save is intact.

Dr. Buni

fuck it, have to go with Florida cause I have $40 on there that I dont wanna spend yet :/

as someone in latin america: eShop cards 4ever for me I guess D:
I always buy my stuff with eShop cards, since I don't have an international credit card :p It is not a big deal. I live in Latin America as well.

I guess it makes sense but the screenshots are only in the state that you leave the game, so there are some "fake" 3D screenshots.

edit: wow just as I post.
Its something I noticed a long time ago. Its always been that if, in 2D, you suspended the game, then turned the 3D on at the home menu, the background fade screen wasn't 3D, whereas if you suspend it in 3D you can see it. I actually don't even have the update yet, but knew what was going on given doing anything else would require updates to every game as well as some core OS workings just to get that screen to follow 2D/3D state while suspended.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Awesome that system transfer limit has been removed.
I really despised that.

Miiverse and all that is so slooooooooow though.

jwluther

For people asking if you can view the Wii U communities - yes. There's a blue button in the bottom right of the main page that says "Wii U Communities."

UNCMark

Banned
OK did the following:

1 - updated. Happened quickly
2 - tried to access eshop on 3DS XL. Error
3 - tried to start miiverse on 3DS XL, asked me to link to an existing NNID. I did this and Miiverse started. All of my posts from Wii U are available in my activity feed
4 - started Animal Crossing and then used Miiverse. Was able to post screenshot from AC just fine
5- Started my Wii U and accessed the eshop. All the funds from my 3DSXL account are now available to my Wii U
6 - tried to access eshop again on 3DSXL, still getting an error.

Overall not bad, but Nintendo has to do a better job of explaining to users what NNIDs are and why it's vital that they use the same one across all Nintendo platforms.

The web version has apparently not been updated. It's impossible to browse 3DS-only communities, only links to individual messages work.

Timeaisis

Question -- I'm getting a XL soon... if I upgrade my OG now will i be able to transfer this account id link to the XL when I get it?

Top Bottom