• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

420 2.0 : Elon Musk smokes marijuana live

caffeware

Banned
The CEO of electric-car maker Tesla (TSLA) and rocket startup SpaceX spent more than two-and-a-half hours Thursday night talking to podcast host Joe Rogan about what it's like inside his head ("a never-ending explosion"), keeping a car company in business ("very difficult") and trying to get governments to regulate artificial intelligence ("nobody listened").

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/07/technology/elon-musk-joe-rogan/index.html

180907163355-elon-musk-joe-rogan-smoking-780x439.jpg

Musk raised eyebrows on social media after accepting what Rogan said was a joint of marijuana and tobacco and taking a puff. "I mean, it's legal, right?" he asked.

Musk's phone later started buzzing. "I'm getting text messages from friends saying, 'What the hell are you doing smoking weed?'" he said.

Musk explained that he's "not a regular smoker of weed" because he "doesn't find it's very good for productivity."

"It's like a cup of coffee in reverse," he added.

Edit:

Edit2:

Tesla shares crash after Elon Musk smokes joint on live web show
Two senior executives quit electric carmaker as market value falls 8%

Tesla shares crashed 8% on Friday as two of its senior executives quit, just hours after the electric carmaker’s chief executive Elon Musk sparked concern by smoking marijuana on a live web show.

The company’s head of accounting, Dave Morton, and head of human resources, Gaby Toledano, said they were leaving the company, which has been placed at the centre of a string of controversies by its maverick CEO.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...f-elon-musk-smokes-marijuana-on-live-web-show

Last edited:

TheContact

new teslas will have an automatic hotboxing feature now. you hit a button and it fills the cabin with weed smoke. thanks, joe!

Dontero

Banned
Good JRE. Elon is fine dude.
I am actually shocked that by his words most of his work is 80% hardcore engineering instead of business side.
You would think that at his position he would do mostly business side.

Dude looks and behaves like he have some autism though which would explain why the fuck is so good in what he does. When Joe ask him like some simple question dude just turns off for a second and you can see by his eyes constantly shifting left and right that he is thinking very hard.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Mr. Musk smokin dagga!
Should have given him a high tech vaporizer like the Firefly because inhaling smoke doesn't fit to his persona.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Weed and Tobacco? Am I missing something why ruin weed with Tobacco?
Without having any idea what I'm talking about, I'd assume Tobacco adds a bit of flavor to the mix that people might like.

Without knowing the ratio of pot to tobacco, it's hard to tell though. If it's a ton of tobacco with only a little pot it doesn't seem like it'd make a whole lot of sense.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Without having any idea what I'm talking about, I'd assume Tobacco adds a bit of flavor to the mix that people might like.

Without knowing the ratio of pot to tobacco, it's hard to tell though. If it's a ton of tobacco with only a little pot it doesn't seem like it'd make a whole lot of sense.

It's mostly a British thing cos hash used to be more easily available than weed, so we'd sprinkle that over tobacco when we skin up.

I listened to the whole thing. I found the interview a bit boring TBH. I wanted to hear more about Elon and his dispute with the guy in Thailand. I guess it was too sensitive for Joe to ask about, which is fair enough.
When Macauley Culkin was on, I wanted to hear about Michael Jackson, but I didnt get that either.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This was the best podcast ever. I was just dying. Musk is the coolest dude to hang out with.

"No one listened." /blank stare

Rogan's reactions were hilarious too. Just has to grab the whiskey after uploading your mind into the internet gets brought up.

I just got to the part where they bring out the samurai sword and knives lol. EVERYONE should watch this. It's just great. Best talk show ever. Can you even imagine Colbert interviewing someone, and then randomly .... Oh here's my real samurai sword, check this bitch out.

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wound up watching while it was streaming last night. Had no idea he was going to be on. It was alright. Definitely a little bit stilted given how Musk either gave one word answers or paused a lot to think about the question. By the second hour, he seemed a lot more comfortable and the pace picked up quite a bit. I think Rogan was trying to keep it reasonably lighthearted and steer clear of some of the more hot button things going on with Musk right now, like trying to take Tesla private, and all of the investors that have begun questioning how the company is being run.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so awesome. i love the idea that this guy can get high, decide to send a car into outer space playing some David Bowie, then actually do that.

the Musk hate around the internet is so puzzling to me. anyone upset at this right here is absurd, dude is doing a thing perfectly legal in his state. if anything this spreads awareness. maybe some day we can get all the nonviolent offenders whose lives are destroyed by holding half a joint out of prison and back into society.

Kadayi

Banned
Going to have to give this one a listen for sure. Rogan seems to do a good line in guests, and the long format is pretty enjoyable.

He did nonstop PR for 2.5 hours and then smoked a blunt to bring attention to it. Well played.

Tesla stock didn’t seem to enjoy it.

Musk has great ideas and I love what Tesla is doing, but I don’t think his car company will ever be successful. He said it’s hard to keep a car company alive. That’s usually the case when you don’t know how to build cars. There’s so many electric vehicles coming to the market in the near future, with way better build quality as well.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was watching that live. It was amazing. Usually I don't watch Rogan's podcasts live, but when I noticed who was on it, I felt I had to. Didn't disappoint.

If those two executives quit because of weed, that's pretty weaksauce. The stock will come back up.

Weed isn't damaging.

If an investor freaked out its because Musk was honest about the fact that his business ventures are started as jokes and that he isn't sure they'll work. He's a dude seeing problems and trying to fix them and *shock* you're a venture capitalist investing in his ideas.

llien

Man, Tesla is heading towards a disaster, I hope Musk manages to handle it, learn from it, and continue pushing awesome crazy stuff that makes our world a little better.

caffeware

Banned
Air Force is looking into Elon Musk's pot smoking

The U.S. Air Force has begun looking into Elon Musk apparently smoking weed on a podcast, a source at the military branch told CNBC on Friday.
Musk's SpaceX provides services for the Air Force, with multiple high-value contracts. Marijuana use is prohibited for someone with a government security clearance, Fox Business reported, and is the central issue in the Air Force's inquiry.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/air-force-is-looking-into-elon-musks-pot-smoking-source.html

1n1dee.gif

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I will never understand the want to recreationally use pot (or tabacco). Seems like a waste of time. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

-MD-

I will never understand the want to recreationally use pot (or tabacco). Seems like a waste of time. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Assuming you aren't rolling something it takes about 10 seconds out of your day.

Unless 10 seconds is that crucial.

Nope, wouldn't waste my life on it

If you think weed makes people act bizarre just wait until you find out what alcohol does.

Last edited:
Top Bottom