• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

420 2.0 : Elon Musk smokes marijuana live

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Do you understand why people drink alcohol ?

No, I don't. That also seems like an equally waste of time/money from my view point. That is just the way I was raised and how I have come to view those things, however.

Ultimately if you enjoy that sort of thing, that is excellent and I hope this stuff becomes legal across the nation as there are far more pros than cons to legalization - but it just isn't something I can understand as being enjoyable or a proper use of time/funds.

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
While smoking weed is complete nothingburger, Musks behavior lately is just bizarre. Dude went from modern day diet Tony Stark to a fucking clown quite some time ago. What’s wrong with this dude?

Fox Mulder

I will never understand the want to recreationally use pot (or tabacco). Seems like a waste of time. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

It's better than beer and is legal in many places in the US now. It shouldn't even be seen as a boogeyman and it doesn't make you Cheech and Chong either.

Turn out musk is more awesome than I thought. He's also got fuck you money, so no need to hide his true form. Love me some politically incorrect honesty.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
>Fucks up his stock
>Dates Grimes
>Treats his employees like shit
>Can't mass produce his product
>Calls hero pedo
>Smokes Weed

OMG HE IS SO BASED

I don't get you guys.

guggnichso

Banned
Turn out musk is more awesome than I thought. He's also got fuck you money, so no need to hide his true form. Love me some politically incorrect honesty.

Well, his whole „that kid rescuing diver is a pedo for calling out my publicity stunt“-thing is far from politically incorrect honesty, it’s just self destructive clownery (if that word exists). That dude should really reign it in sometimes.

Tesseract

Banned
No, I don't. That also seems like an equally waste of time/money from my view point. That is just the way I was raised and how I have come to view those things, however.

Ultimately if you enjoy that sort of thing, that is excellent and I hope this stuff becomes legal across the nation as there are far more pros than cons to legalization - but it just isn't something I can understand as being enjoyable or a proper use of time/funds.

weed opens creative windows that otherwise stay shut and hidden from your mind's eye.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
weed opens creative windows that otherwise stay shut and hidden from your mind's eye.

777782376_242817.gif

Right

Azurro

Banned
Musk is desperate to be liked, isn't he? The whole "real life Iron Man" got to his head I suppose.

eot

Banned
He's so lame in this interview, guy has a boner for other people thinking he's a genius

Dontero

Banned
I don't get you guys.

"We" don't get you though.

Dude made PayPal when no one thought there could be real competition to VISA/MASTERCARD in time when internet is basically a few pages and barely anyone uses it.
Dude literally makes rockets and shoots them in space when no one though this is even possible while being completely private
Dude made new mass market car company which is basically impossible in this day and age and it is all about electric cars which many people including biggest car makers thought that it won't be possible yet.
Dude makes fucking holes in ground and looks like his designs will be put in place when no one thought it would make sense.
Dude tries to basically give people ability to use computers directly via brain (naurolink company) which would basically put us into completely different world than now instantly.
Dude is about to move 10kw battery packs from $20k to $10k due to his venture with PAnasonic on their megafactory which would enable a lot of things not just for cars.

and now you focus on some twitter banter, some weed and some other meaningless stuff.

Dude doesn't care about your or anyone else opinion of him, if he cared even a bit about opinions he would never do those things above.

I mean he literally said that he doesn't care if SpaceX is profitable. He just wants people to get to mars in shortest time possible, though it might be great if it was.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned

Dude made PayPal when no one thought there could be real competition to VISA/MASTERCARD in time when internet is basically a few pages and barely anyone uses it.
Dude literally makes rockets and shoots them in space when no one though this is even possible while being completely private
Dude made new mass market car company which is basically impossible in this day and age and it is all about electric cars which many people including biggest car makers thought that it won't be possible yet.
Dude makes fucking holes in ground and looks like his designs will be put in place when no one thought it would make sense.
Dude tries to basically give people ability to use computers directly via brain (naurolink company) which would basically put us into completely different world than now instantly.
Dude is about to move 10kw battery packs from $20k to $10k due to his venture with PAnasonic on their megafactory which would enable a lot of things not just for cars.

and now you focus on some twitter banter, some weed and some other meaningless stuff.

Dude doesn't care about your or anyone else opinion of him, if he cared even a bit about opinions he would never do those things above.

I mean he literally said that he doesn't care if SpaceX is profitable. He just wants people to get to mars in shortest time possible, though it might be great if it was.
But...The Guardian and all the other incredibly trustworthy news sources I bow down to all told me not to like him. I have to think what they tell me to think or else people on twitter won't hit the like button on the thoughts that I pretend to think all on my own.

Dontero

Banned
I mean from his recent JRE talk NeuroLink seems to be his biggest "weapon".

He very simply lied down that we actually are now connected to computers all day and our abilities are endless compared to normal humans. Just type into your smarphone any calculation and it will do it in flash, don't know the answer ? You do, just type in smarphone and voila in lass than 15 second answer.

So we are already cyborgs. But we have shitty bandwidth. Our fingers. If we will be able to communicate with smartphone/computer directly via brain then it means basically anyone will be smart as hell instantly because everything they do will be done in microseconds rather than seconds. Instead of slowly reading through your eyes page after page you will be able to read whole book in microseconds. Instead of learing muscle memory to do various physical stuff daily you would be able to download and install muscle memory package called "kungfu" and you will know kung fu in seconds.

And he is right. Our problem is just input/output and if we solve this then basically we will jump in one instance 1000 years of progress or more.

And he doesn't even think it is impossible. He already treats is as something that will very soon happen. And this is where this whole defeatist talk with rogan comes up. Because he understands that our lives will have to change and he doesn't have the answer if this will be for better.

Surprisingly he thought it our already many times. Same stuff for AI.

Dontero

Banned
As for SpaceX look at the chart and see how SpaceX Falcon Heavy basically outpaced everything there is in $/kg by wide mile:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-rocket-cost/

And Falcon Heavy is not "final" rocket they have in plan. BFR (yes Elon is gamer as many scientists so this is from Doom BFG "big fucking gun") is their final rocket and it would be made for purpose of going to mars by 2022. So far they are right on track.

Last edited:
>Fucks up his stock
>Dates Grimes
>Treats his employees like shit
>Can't mass produce his product
>Calls hero pedo
>Smokes Weed

OMG HE IS SO BASED

I don't get you guys.

The stock fell due to board members leaving.

TBH, they were probably dead weight anyway. Someone who would leave a company over someone smoking weed is probably not very bright or worth much to begin with. Boards and VP committees across the economy are chocked full of backwards thinkers, as there is very little way to ever get rid of them.

Last edited:
The main propblem with Musk is that he makes too many empty promises.

But he's a great entrepreneur, no doubt. I feel the hype around his social media doesn't reflect how he is in real life. I mean, you fuck up and you get roasted, sure, but I don't believe what defines him on twitter is the aura he gives out in person.

Last edited by a moderator:

jadedm17

Those who don't smoke here must listen to some garbage music then because all the best comes from drugs.

Anything in moderation, and judging something you've not done that's natural growing is weird... Yea, cocaine I get, but it's like saying you've never had an apple... you really don't want to try? Y'all must be too paranoid to sing karaoke too. Life's short people.

Snoopycat

Banned
Can't see what the fuss is about. Guy took a quick draw. It wasn't like he started doing hot knives and pulled out his King Tubby collection.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
It's Twitter. Any celebrity or person of note is going to have a following of haters no matter who you are or how noble your cause. Those morons.
Sure, but the link between those "morons" and Musk's recent spiral isn't exactly clear. I mean, twitter morons didn't force Musk to libel the diver in Thailand or randomly claim that he was going to take his company private.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sure, but the link between those "morons" and Musk's recent spiral isn't exactly clear. I mean, twitter morons didn't force Musk to libel the diver in Thailand or randomly claim that he was going to take his company private.
No, but just those things alone are not the entirety of the moron-verse that tweet was referencing.

thief183

I'm actually quite bummed by the amount of people that dowsn't use weed on this forum, I mean, all my friends, coworkers, lowyers, ingengnire, everyone I know would give a couple a shot on some good weed, and it is not even legal here....damn it... even my parents! (I used to smoke weekely with my boss that has a 200 and more ppl industry...)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

He didn't make PayPal he was very briefly X's CEO from what I remember
Ok yes he shoots rockets into space for no reason I'll give you that
Yes he makes expensive electric cars
Yes he makes holes
Oh yes he tries to do things yes
Right batteries

Hail our messiah! Celebrity worship I'll never get.

Last edited by a moderator:

norm9

This action by itself may raise some eyebrows, but if you take it in along with all the other nutty things, it should be alarming for those with their savings tied to this guy and the company.

pr0cs

I like Musk, I can see why he rubs people the wrong way tho , similar how Jobs drove a ton of people nuts. He comes off as a standoffish asshole but I think you kinda need to be and you need to stomp on people to get to the top.

I enjoyed the podcast , personally Musk came off as pretty cool, the start was creepy but as he loosened up you could see the actual human under the robot. I was surprised he smoked up. I think he's dying to be accepted by people on a social level but due to his lack of social skills he's not given much chance. Considering the scrutiny he's under having a puff seems like a terrible idea but personally I'm kinda happy he did.

Musk is good in my books. 420 snipes on the media all day. Nutjobs are going bonkers because he's actually human and not an alien sent to us to better our civilization.

Will rock a Musk shirt next year for 4/20/19

Cost effective, REUSABLE rockets. NASA deals with Tesla. DARPA deals with Tesla. If this guy was a hack, he would not be dealing with two of the most advanced Scientific Agencies on the planet.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The board resignations are a bit silly but some people are old-fashioned and were raised on Reefer Madness propaganda and the like. Once it's federally legalized it will officially cease being a scary or noteworthy thing, but for now it's still bold to be toking up openly like that in his position, even in CA, apparently.

Let's properly contextualize it though. Elon has gone on drunken late-night Twitter sprees a bunch of times. If you're concerned about his general stability, faculties, and use of substances wrt his CEO duties because he smoked some weed with Joe Rogan, you should've already been concerned about those other incidents.

Anyway, do check out the actual podcast ep. It's good times. "They don't really care about the....existential nature of a pit. You just say, like, 'I want a pit.'" :messenger_rocket::messenger_rocket:

Well, his whole „that kid rescuing diver is a pedo for calling out my publicity stunt“-thing is far from politically incorrect honesty, it’s just self destructive clownery (if that word exists). That dude should really reign it in sometimes.

That came after the diver (who's an openly certified arsehole) threw vitriol at him unprovoked for daring to suggest his submarine scheme. tit for tat.

And it's not self destructive, recall he's got fuck you money. $20 billion to be exact. It's him exercising his privilege to say and do anything he wants.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
anyone who is anti weed has never tried weed, or has and is a paranoid lunatic who probably shouldn't take drugs.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
anyone who is anti weed has never tried weed, or has and is a paranoid lunatic who probably shouldn't take drugs.
That, or they live somewhere where it's just blindly frowned upon. Highly Christian areas can be like that. They will drink like fishes, but weed is an illegal drug and DARE taught them that it's just as bad as heroin so they go through a lifetime of believing it. Let's be honest - believing things blindly kinda comes with the territory for people like that.

Tesseract

Banned
That, or they live somewhere where it's just blindly frowned upon. Highly Christian areas can be like that. They will drink like fishes, but weed is an illegal drug and DARE taught them that it's just as bad as heroin so they go through a lifetime of believing it. Let's be honest - believing things blindly kinda comes with the territory for people like that.

true!

Trogdor1123

Nope, my best friend started with weed and then moved on to other drugs. It literally ruined his life. Weed isnt good for you (in general, I understand there are some benefits from some derivatives). It's not harmless. If you need to lie to yourself that it's ok, well, that's your call.

To be clear, I'm a total hypocrite as I drink... But don't have to worry about second drinking at least haha

Tesseract

Banned
Nope, my best friend started with weed and then moved on to other drugs. It literally ruined his life. Weed isnt good for you (in general, I understand there are some benefits from some derivatives). It's not harmless. If you need to lie to yourself that it's ok, well, that's your call.

To be clear, I'm a total hypocrite as I drink... But don't have to worry about second drinking at least haha

your friend would have moved on to other drugs regardless. your friend ruined his life, not weed.

post hoc ergo propter hoc

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned

haha oh the old "gateway drug" argument. I hate that. It's all anecdotal, but everyone I knew tried drinking first. After getting wasted a handful of times, they tried other drugs. The real "gateway drug" if they existed is alcohol IMO.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Um, what is "second drinking"?

Razorback

He didn't make PayPal he was very briefly X's CEO from what I remember
Ok yes he shoots rockets into space for no reason I'll give you that
Yes he makes expensive electric cars
Yes he makes holes
Oh yes he tries to do things yes
Right batteries

Hail our messiah! Celebrity worship I'll never get.

Didn't you get the memo guys? It's not cool to look up to anyone. Everyone sucks. There's nobody worth celebrating everything is shit. C'mon guys, I don't understand why you don't all want to be joyless cynics with no hope for the future.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't you get the memo guys? It's not cool to look up to anyone. Everyone sucks. There's nobody worth celebrating everything is shit. C'mon guys, I don't understand why you don't all want to be joyless cynics with no hope for the future.
"My billionaire is different". Think whatever you want you have that much freedom frendo. I can make you feel but I can't make you think.

Porcile

I don't want to smoke it, I feel like my lungs get a bashing just being outside, but eat is all good, yo. But I can't do anything like that now, since where I live now is extremely anti-drug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom