• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

420 2.0 : Elon Musk smokes marijuana live

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any billionaire you look up to?
No, should I? :( I think Bill Gates donating his money is okay but that's it. I also think Mozart (who was never even close to being a billionaire) was a cool dude guess I'm weird.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
No, should I? :( I think Bill Gates donating his money is okay but that's it. I also think Mozart (who was never even close to being a billionaire) was a cool dude guess I'm weird.
By that metric, George Lucas is good too yeah?

I guess my real question is - who are your heroes and why?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I am waiting to be rescued by a hero. /s

Nobody I guess. I'm grateful for my parents but hero is a bit much.

Wait Elon Musk is your hero?

down 2 orth

Tesla stock didn’t seem to enjoy it.

Musk has great ideas and I love what Tesla is doing, but I don’t think his car company will ever be successful. He said it’s hard to keep a car company alive. That’s usually the case when you don’t know how to build cars. There’s so many electric vehicles coming to the market in the near future, with way better build quality as well.

Yeah, he's trying to tank it. I'm not sure why, maybe he wants a certain group to buy into it on the cheap, but that whole thing was totally staged. They knew the blunt was coming, everyone took only one hit, and it seemed like he smoked it like a cigar (not inhaling).

JimmyJones

Banned
No, I don't. That also seems like an equally waste of time/money from my view point. That is just the way I was raised and how I have come to view those things, however.

Your opinion isn’t valid until you have at least tried weed and alcohol. You are correct though, they are both a waste of time. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

anyone who is anti weed has never tried weed, or has and is a paranoid lunatic who probably shouldn't take drugs.

Agreed. They have been brainwashed by their parents and/or the media. Unless you have tried it for yourself you really shouldn’t comment. But then with that reasoning, I shouldn’t be able to comment on heroin because I’ve never tried it?

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I finally got a chance to watch the whole thing. Pretty good episode. Some cool concepts thrown around. There were a few times where I felt like Joe was just doing everything he could to keep a conversation going even if it wasn't working too well, but still interesting all throughout.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I am waiting to be rescued by a hero. /s

Nobody I guess. I'm grateful for my parents but hero is a bit much.

Wait Elon Musk is your hero?
You're getting caught up in semantics and missing the point. You seem to have a disdain for famous people and rich people. Is it a general disdain for people overall, or is it just famous/rich people? Or is it just famous/rich people whom you feel are overrated and get more praise than they deserve? In order for me to better understand where you're coming from, I wanted to know who in your eyes is someone worthy of praise.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Yeah there are a lot of people I've noticed (ie resetera) who automatically bash anyone with money but everyone knows these folks are misguided because there are many folks, such as Bill gates and Warren buffet who are infinitely more compassionate and charitable than these tools can ever imagine of being.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You're getting caught up in semantics and missing the point. You seem to have a disdain for famous people and rich people. Is it a general disdain for people overall, or is it just famous/rich people? Or is it just famous/rich people whom you feel are overrated and get more praise than they deserve? In order for me to better understand where you're coming from, I wanted to know who in your eyes is someone worthy of praise.
I don't particularly hate any rich/famous person I just don't worship the ground they walk on. They don't need my praise either. I don't hold em on a pedestal. If that is weird to you then idk what to tell you. For example I enjoy Bowie's music but I never cared much about his life or what people said about him. He seemed like a cool dude and that is it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't particularly hate any rich/famous person I just don't worship the ground they walk on. They don't need my praise either. I don't hold em on a pedestal. If that is weird to you then idk what to tell you. For example I enjoy Bowie's music but I never cared much about his life or what people said about him. He seemed like a cool dude and that is it.
I never said it was weird to me. I'm just curious as to what your thought process is and how you came to those conclusions.

black_13

Banned
He's smoking weed in California where it's legal and it's still considered a big deal? He even mentions he almost never smokes so I don't see why everyone is shocked. It was good to see a different side of him though but wish Joe would have for once asked some hard questions instead of putting the guest on a pedestal as he usually does.

Some interesting subjects in the interview though like how most people are actually good despite what you hear on the news and social media all the time. You can tell Elon is an engineer and not one to talk too much. He does come off as a guy with a big ego and doesn't help when alot of Tesla owners look at him as he's some godly figure but he is very ambitious and has accomplished alot so that is expected.

LordPezix

I respect this man more.

I am pro drugs and have used weed extensively. I found it to have all positive effects without any negative minus the costs, but what product isn't like that?

I found I was way more philosophical and creative when I used it. I've seen plenty of people go to fist-to-cuffs over alcohol but I have never seen anyone even get mad while smoking weed.

My mother just survived stage 4 cancer and she used CBD extract while going through treatment and found it much nicer to use than opioids.

I hate that there are still swaths of society that believe weed is somehow "evil" or some other nonsense. I hope I live to see the day of full legalization. I live in Washington where it is legal and the positive side effects from distribution and tax collection is becoming pretty apparent.

Finally listened to it on a road trip. At first t was awkward but Joe does a good job of getting him loose and engaged.

I actually really like how Musk approaches the subjects people freak out over when they hear people reporting on it... like living in a simulation.

Was a good interview. I think his take on social media and technology are very interesting.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i watched/listened to this today. it was funny. Joe Rogan is totally inflating this guy's ego at every turn, it is funny to hear him geek out over this guy, and say he's the smartest person on the planet, ask him if he is just constantly thinking of ideas all the time and inventing new things. he is a good hype man for Musk, who is rather low-key. maybe they smoked beforehand...

Elon is funny, when he was talking about digging a pit, it was a bit hard to take him seriously. Rogan was saying "why are there not a million Elon Musks" but i disagree, i think there are a million inventor types out there, there are all kinds of people with ideas, they just can't spend a million dollars to get it done. they just don't have the wealth & publicity of an Elon Musk.

tbh i did not hear too many great new ideas from Musk in 2 1/2 hours of listening. some good stuff but nothing that unique. he is just an engineer, he likes to talk about engineering problems, but it was nothing mind blowing. but yes Rogan is kind of a silly man so i see why he would be mind blowing to him. they both are kind of grifters tbh.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I respect this man more.

I am pro drugs and have used weed extensively. I found it to have all positive effects without any negative minus the costs, but what product isn't like that?

I found I was way more philosophical and creative when I used it. I've seen plenty of people go to fist-to-cuffs over alcohol but I have never seen anyone even get mad while smoking weed.

My mother just survived stage 4 cancer and she used CBD extract while going through treatment and found it much nicer to use than opioids.

I hate that there are still swaths of society that believe weed is somehow "evil" or some other nonsense. I hope I live to see the day of full legalization. I live in Washington where it is legal and the positive side effects from distribution and tax collection is becoming pretty apparent.

I agree with you it should be legal but there things at play here you don't seem to be fully aware of. Weed triggers and worsens a variety of mental illnesses in people already predisposed or genetically vulnerable to it, especially when they're already in a negative state of mind during use. These things include severe and sometimes prolonged anxiety and general discomfort, and a state of depersonalization. Those are things that need to be taken into account.

LordPezix

I agree with you it should be legal but there things at play here you don't seem to be fully aware of. Weed triggers and worsens a variety of mental illnesses in people already predisposed or genetically vulnerable to it, especially when they're already in a negative state of mind during use. These things include severe and sometimes prolonged anxiety and general discomfort, and a state of depersonalization. Those are things that need to be taken into account.

Interesting. I have never heard of this happening before.

I mean it will take you to a state of some form of depersonalization. My brain just starts traveling through the universe.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
well, it is like anything else you consume, for some people it is fine, for some it isn't. some people can't drink milk. it makes sense that weed would have a reaction to some people.

that's fine. not everyone has to take everything. imo it has helped greatly relieve depression and stress. before i smoked regularly i would get very depressed, i would sleep all day, even have suicidal thoughts. smoking keeps me at least doing something, listening to music,, etc. that is entertaining. on top of it all, it can be far less toxic (and less noticeable) than drinking.

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
I really liked musk until he turned from a realist into this conman businessman with promises corporations can't keep. The whole idea of the BFR is such a fucking con to me, It's not realistic that the rocket will function as advertised in anyway. He promises so much shit, landing on moon, and mars, and docking with ISS, deep solar system missions to Jupiter, all bullshit as 1 design can not do all those tasks.

Also he said "living on mars will be the easy part." and since than I just don't care about him and hope he fails and sells his companies. But he is now in the too big to fail category. But constantly pretending he will take people to mars safely pisses me off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom