• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5,000 pets found dead in boxes at Chinese shipping depot

Fbh

Pretty sad.

Also who the hell buys a pet online? Whether you are buying or adopting wouldn't you want to at least see and interact with an animal before you take it home for what might well be over a decade?

lock2k

Banned
I really feel like this is the kind of news we don't need around here. Does it serve any purpose other than to depress users?
It does, it's important to know shit like this happens. It humbles us and makes us think the lives of most of us are too good to be true (even though everyone has problems of some sort). It's important that the whole world know about these atrocities.

DESTROYA

Absolutely mind boggling someone would not remember they have living creatures in boxes that would need food and water .
This is more than “oops“ I forgot this is just outright neglect. Fuck China

MrS

Banned
4616hv.jpg

Fuck China as always.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

My ex sent a dog through the mail just fine while I was In China. A stray we took in for a bit was pregnant. This is definitely some upper/mid-level management asshole that didn't give a shit about these animal's lives. This isn't an all of China thing

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I would not exactly be this mad, if it was people, however pets, I hope anyone tied to this will spend his/her life in China work camp.

Dr Bass

It does, it's important to know shit like this happens. It humbles us and makes us think the lives of most of us are too good to be true (even though everyone has problems of some sort). It's important that the whole world know about these atrocities.

I'm already well aware of that stuff because I see the news. I'm talking about this particular forum where a thread like this seems to serve no real purpose other than to highlight the worst aspects of humanity/the world, of which I think most of us are already well aware.

lock2k

Banned
I'm already well aware of that stuff because I see the news. I'm talking about this particular forum where a thread like this seems to serve no real purpose other than to highlight the worst aspects of humanity/the world, of which I think most of us are already well aware.
OK, I think you are right about this. But, at the same time, the person who posted it just wanted us to know about the atrocities, it wasn't on bad intention at all :)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
1ri135ln3fl31.jpg

I blame Akashi.
Fuck China. Such a garbage country. They are responsible for so much shit in this world already, including Covid-19.
Same I hate this so much! *proceeds to ignore all the legitimate corporations that do inhumane testing on animals*.

Last edited by a moderator:

DESTROYA

1ri135ln3fl31.jpg

I blame Akashi.

Same I hate this so much! *proceeds to ignore all the legitimate corporations that do inhumane testing on animals*.
It's banned in the EU and just about no US companies still do this , guess which country it's allowed ?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It's banned in the EU and just about no US companies still do this , guess which country it's allowed ?
Companies from the EU and US still test on animals they just do in China.

Is that better?

nush

Pretty sad.

Also who the hell buys a pet online? Whether you are buying or adopting wouldn't you want to at least see and interact with an animal before you take it home for what might well be over a decade?

It's cheap and easy, often the buyers don't have any idea how to look after the animal they brought, it's just "Cute"and a plaything for children usually.

Top Bottom