• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 years since Shadow of War. No new game from Monolith or announcement.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Went back and played some Shadow of War this week and damn. This game was good. Looks nice in 4k/120 to this day. The nemesis system was such a great idea and executed really well here. Seems to have sold well and been pretty popular back in 2017. No word from them since they releases their DLCs in 2018. What gives? Sequel with a further expanded nemesis system seems like an easy call. Instead we get a fucking Gollum game that nobody was asking for from a different dev.

The same people who made the Xenoblade series? I really hope they are busy at work in that series instead to be honest.

-Remaster Switch port of Chronicles X
-Sequel to Chronicles X to finish that story.
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Then end the series. That should keep them busy for a while, at least on the Switch. Maybe they can have different teams work on a Lord of the Rings game for those fans to not leave them hanging.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I loved their games, and man, the Nemesis System was one of the coolest things. Still is IMO. Shame its copyrighted. I was hoping we'd see more games utilizing something similar.

Fortunately they ARE moving forward on a new project. https://gamerant.com/shadow-of-mordor-developer-monolith-productions-next-game/

What it could be? Who knows. I think I remember reading somewhere about a new LOTR game being in development somewhere. Maybe it could be a final Mordor game? Who knows. But considering they trademarked the Nemesis System, I feel like we'll be seeing more of it.

The same people who made the Xenoblade series? I really hope they are busy at work in that series instead to be honest.

-Remaster Switch port of Chronicles X
-Sequel to Chronicles X to finish that story.
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Then end the series. That should keep them busy for a while, at least on the Switch. Maybe they can have different teams work on a Lord of the Rings game for those fans to not leave them hanging.
Nope. This is Monolith Productions, that's Monolith Soft. Talk about a mix up, lol.

Last edited:
I loved their games, and man, the Nemesis System was one of the coolest things. Still is IMO. Shame its copyrighted. I was hoping we'd see more games utilizing something similar.

Fortunately they ARE moving forward on a new project. https://gamerant.com/shadow-of-mordor-developer-monolith-productions-next-game/

What it could be? Who knows. I think I remember reading somewhere about a new LOTR game being in development somewhere. Maybe it could be a final Mordor game? Who knows. But considering they trademarked the Nemesis System, I feel like we'll be seeing more of it.

Nope. This is Monolith Productions, that's Monolith Soft. Talk about a mix up, lol.

My bad. It sometimes happens, though.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Great gameplay, but the story was insulting.

Be happy to see them take the gameplay elements to a new setting, but leave middle-earth alone.

Top Bottom