• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 or 100ppp? (The Battle Ends at 11:53 PM Eastern TONIGHT)

Well, which do you pick?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100 like any sane person.

I rarely read through a full thread if I'm not posting anything in it so getting up to 100 posts gives me a good idea of what people are thinking without any extra clicks.

Chris R

I used to roll 100ppp with images off, but switched to 50ppp with images months ago after getting tired of OPs full of no text and only images.

look at all the unfortunate 50 ppp, brother. One day they should hear the truth and cast aside their sinful and ignorant life and join us in the great beauty of 100 ppp

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mobile site defaults to your profile's PPP. I definitely have 100 ppp even on my phone.
Which is why I use 50. If there were separate options then I could see myself using 50 on mGAF and 100 on GAF.

Elija2

I use 50ppp because my laptop is slow as shit and I don't want it to seize up every time I load a thread. I already have to watch that I don't click on a huge pic dumb or a .gif minefield.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So the main argument from 50ppp folks is that it loads faster. Will 100ppp be the default once 56k connections are obsolete?

MIMIC

Banned
50 ppp is the default, so I never changed (I didn't even know you could until I saw it mentioned somewhere)

No complaints from me :)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's not just about speed.

Yup. I 50pp because it gives me more frequent pausing points. Easier to walk away from a thread or tab to something else when I hit the bottom of a page, it's an easy bookmark. Long pages require more attention. It's like reading a book with chapters vs no chapters. Naturally occurring intermissions make for less stressful reading.

50 PPP. I prefer the fasting loading and it's a lot easier for me to go through and block any massive images/gifs people post. I just find it a more manageable size to scroll through personally.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I was 100 for awhile, but loading pages full of pics took forever so I switched back. Of course, now that I have faster internet that shouldn't be as much as an issue. I should switch back!

Superior Silver 50.

oh you poor unfortunate soul. There still time to recognize the holy truth my ignorant brother. Don't turn away my brother, I know it hard, I once was a 50 ppp peasant before I accepted the truth and became whole again

someone should post the huge roy spining on the wall gif

Trey

I was 100 for awhile, but loading pages full of pics took forever so I switched back. Of course, now that I have faster internet that shouldn't be as much as an issue. I should switch back!

Welcome back, sister. It's better here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom