• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished!

Game 1: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS) - 5th January
Incredible how much content they put in this one, definitive experience indeed!

Game 2: Alien: Isolation (PS4) - 18th January
Very terrifying. A must for anyone interested in the Alien franchise or horror.

Game 3: InFamous: First Light (PS4) - 21st January
Had a lot of fun with this one, just did the story.

Game 4: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (WiiU) - 27th January
Hopefully we get more Captain Toad in the future. Great game.

Game 5: OlliOlli (PSN) - 31st January
Didn’t enjoy this that much, controls seemed hard just because.

Game 6: Bayonetta (WiiU) - 4th February
Steep learning curve but fun throughout.

Game 7: Bayonetta 2 (WiiU) - 10th January
Improves on everything from the first game, a blast from start to end.

Game 8: Earth Defense Force 2025 (360) - 21st February
Played on co-op with a friend. Fun but extremely brutal.

Game 9: Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PSVita) - 21st February
Not as polished as the other Uncharted games, had fun regardless.

Game 10: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) - 26th February
Not a huge FPS fan but had loads of fun with this one.

Game 11: Gears of War 3 (360) - 5th March
Somewhat unsatisfying end to the trilogy.

Game 12: Metroid Fusion (GBA) - 10th March

In the backlog for over 10 years, short but loved it.

Game 13: Super Mario Bros. 3 (SNES) - 15th March
Finished in a few sittings. Excellent platformer.

Game 14: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (NDS) - 6th April

Unforgettable story, a pleasure to play through.

Game 15: Sound Shapes (PSN) - 6th April
Nice little game, not sure what all the hype is about though.

Game 16: 140 (Mac) - 9th April
Played in one go, the end got challenging.

Game 17: The Evil Within (PS4) - 16th April
Had high hopes but found it extremely disappointing in nearly every aspect.

Game 18: Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure (NDS) - 18th April
All these new Pokémon that I don’t know (how to spell).

Game 19: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS) - 5th May

The world needs more decent rhythm games.

Game 20: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox) - 12th May
Best Splinter Cell game, just Double Agent to play now.

Game 21: The Wonderful 101 (WiiU) - 23rd May
Wow, what a ride. A true classic.

Game 22: Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS) - 25th May
Always love me some Kirby, great soundtrack.

Game 23: Splatoon (WiiU) - 5th June
Most I have enjoyed a multiplayer game in years.

Game 24: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PS3) - 6th July
Big change from other MGS games. I found it very enjoyable though.

Game 25: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) - 9th July
Doing all the other missions adds a lot of length to it, nicely sets up TPP.

Game 26: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS) - 12th July
Although it was good, it was still weaker than any of the Layton or AA games.

Game 27: Yoshi's Woolly World (WiiU) - 20th July

Cute game. Best Yoshi game in ages.

Game 28: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (WiiU) - 22nd July

Great art style, gameplay let down by controls.

Game 29: Monument Valley (Android) - 22nd July
Interesting game but nothing extraordinary.

Game 30: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4) - 26th July
Decent standalone expansion, looking forward to their next game.

Game 31: The Walking Dead: Season 2 (PS4) - 5th August
Big fan of the first season and this one did not disappoint.

Game 32: Polarium (NDS) - 10th August
Great pick up and play puzzle game, gets very hard towards the end!

Game 33: Vanquish (PS3) - 11th August

Another classic Platinum game, very fun.

Game 34: Super Scribblenauts (NDS) - 14th August
Relaxing game to play through, entertaining to see all the ways you can finish a level.

Game 35: Scribblenauts Unlimited (WiiU) - 19th August
More fleshed out than previous titles, bit on the easy side though.

Game 36: Batman: Arkham Origins (360) - 30th August
Wasn’t as good as previous Arkham games and just felt like more of the same.

Game 37: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4) - 17th September
Lived up to my expectations, loved every minute.

Game 38: Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (Xbox) - 19th September
Glad that you don’t have to finish all levels to finish Story mode, some are crazy hard.

Game 39: Silent Hill (PSN) - 4th October
Game is fantastic after you get used to the controls, very scary too.

Game 40: Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears (Xbox) - 12th October
Improves on everything from the first game. A Classic.

Game 41: SteamWorld Dig (Mac) - 15th October
Fun but somewhat shallow, no real desire to revisit.

Game 42: Boom Boom Rocket (XBLA) - 23rd October
Simple premise. Has not aged that well, fun regardless.

Game 43: Pac-Man Championship Edition (XBLA) - 23rd October
Not a big Pac-Man fan, but thought that this one was ok.

Game 44: Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - 28th October
A much darker game than SH2, very tense.

Game 45: Fullblox (3DS) - 31st October

Mallo is back in another fantastic game. A must buy for puzzle lovers.

Game 46: The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 13th November
Loved it. Can’t wait for Season 2.

Game 47: Aura-Aura Climber (DSiWare) - 14th November
Got for free from Club Nintendo, was alright.

Game 48: Condemned (360) - 17th November
The jank was strong, a unique game though. Good game for horror fans.

Game 49: Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (VC) - 27th November
Some nice improvements to SMB, plays the same though.

Game 50: Metro 2033 Redux (PS4) - 29th November
Its an FPS, nothing particularly new or exciting bar the setting.

Game 51: Super Mario Maker (WiiU) - 29th November
Finished all the pre-built levels, shame that most user made levels are terrible.

Game 52: Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) - 26th December
Fun to play classic NES games with gameplay or visual tweaks.

Game 53: Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU) - 27th December

One of my favourite games of this year. I’m not a big RPG guy but this one was a bliss to play.

Game 54: Wipeout 2048 (Vita) - 31st December
Very hard towards the end, screen is too cluttered.

GOTY: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
LTTP GOTY: Silent Hill 2

Beaten in 2015 - 54
Beaten in 2014 - 60
Beaten in 2013 - 26
Beaten in 2012 - 42
Beaten in 2011 - 35

Good luck everyone for next year!

LGom09

Full list.

7895ebf67f46d21ae31d7335a63235a5.png

Tight controls, beautiful visuals and well-balanced platforming challenges. The combat sometimes feels like a bit of a crapshoot and there are a few annoying spikes in difficulty, but overall, I enjoyed it a lot.

a0283fb5f6cbb040756047858cc35417.png

It's fun to see the puzzle boxes shift and unfold in different ways and it feels good to interact with the game since you have to manually turn each dial and pull each lever. There's a creepy atmosphere and the indication of a dark sci-fi story, but it never actually goes anywhere. You're pretty much kicked back to the main menu immediately after finishing the last puzzle. But, for a couple bucks on sale, you can't really go wrong with The Room.

053a6e55dfbcb3a649a21350565ca8f6.png

Strong Treasure run and gun vibes. The gameplay is extremely fast paced and features a unique mouse-based control scheme. It's kind of mindless, but very fun nonetheless.

fa0160477db52fb75f45a01a373e9e1a.png

Aside from some occasionally finicky controls, it's a great game and a good example of storytelling via gameplay. I don't think cutscenes are inherently bad, but a lot of the time they just rob the player of some emotion and let you watch your character experience it instead. With that said, I love that the ending of this game isn't preceded by a cutscene.

bfe4af168f38abba8ade51a943b71e36.png

It's like Contra with a rewind mechanic. After you rewind, whatever you did up to that point is played back, so you basically play co-op with a bunch of past versions of yourself. It's a great idea, but I think the execution is lacking. The most effective and sometimes only way to progress is to brute force your way through. Shoot for a bit, rewind, repeat. It's kind of boring. The game's "LOL internetz" style of humour is also pretty groanworthy.

2f9d9419176a026a2e8543d12e3599b4.png

The shooting feels great thanks to some good sound effects and over-the-top voxel explosions, and the mechanics are just plain cool. It's a short game even if you go for the platinum, but if you're into high scores, you could sink many hours into Resogun without getting bored of the gameplay.

e86abe60c14d161ea41cf11b67a55832.png

It started out great, but got repetitive fast because there's just not much variety in the gameplay, environments or enemy designs. I dislike how much the game holds your hand. I felt like I was following instructions throughout the entirety of the campaign. I don't think it's a very good game, but the Nemesis system and a few fun mechanics save it from total mediocrity.

3db048dc39cf41f260da3227d874103e.png

It's like Minesweeper x Picross. Unlike Minesweeper, you never have to make a blind guess as every move can be reasoned out. It's a great brain exerciser.

ceb1826871cfdaf90fd2028eca778caf.png

Up to the standard of the main game, which is to say it re-confirms Bloodborne's status as GOTY. Some really amazing bosses, level design and atmosphere, and tons of new weapons to mess with.

a9280c139f05b21fa6e78d91777e8a45.png

I love the puzzles in this game. They give you just enough information to point you in the right direction without making the solution too obvious. Each level plays out in two phases. The slow, puzzle-solving, exploration phase and then the frantic, race-back-to-the-start-with-the-treasure-after-activating-the-switch-that-opens-the-temporary-portal-out-of-the-level phase. It's a fun dynamic that stays interesting throughout the whole game. It helps that the levels are all well designed and constantly throw new ideas at you. This is probably my favourite of the 3DS ambassador games.

c92ea0986e07714b21dc712cdfe7a293.png

It's a pretty easy game (until the post game DLC). Since your movement is so limited, you can quickly solve most puzzles by simply going through every permutation of possible moves (not that that would be the best way to do it). Still, the puzzles are well designed and the game does a great job of easing you into all the different mechanics using tutorials built into the level design.

a2af945d0fec942aed1b9f0c56a739b1.png

Ending the year with some good vibes. It's not a very complex or challenging game, but it's hard not to have a great time with it thanks to the lighthearted story, amazing soundtrack, and fun battle system. I also like how fast paced the progression is. Even with short play sessions, you're bound to see at least one new area and boss each time you boot it up.

Benedict

So now I've made it up to at least 53 games.
There are many that I started but I never finished so I hope to get to them in 2016.
Games like:
Demon Gaze
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Vita)
Bloodborne
Fallout 4
Castle Wolfenstein
Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God
Shovel Knight
MGS 2 HD
Gravity Rush
Rayman Legends
Ratchet & Clank
Soul Sacrifice Delta
SteamWorld Dig
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
and many many more.

Tjere might be a couple of games I've forgotten that might be added later, unless the threads locked.
This challenge made me discover the Hidden Objects game, mainly on Steam.

50. Lara Croft Go (iOS) 6/10.
Finished December 22nd.
Played through the complete game and collected all the relics and gems.
This was such a big disappointment after playing Hitman Go.
Tedious puzzles and a secondary non-engaging collectathon made this a boring experience.
Was looking forward to an atmospheric game with roots in the first three TR-games but it was such a let-down.
Nice graphics and music, but when the basic concept of the game is so flawed, those things doesn't matter.

51. Pokemon Picross (N3DS) 4/10
8 hrs. Started December 12th. Reached area 7.
Nintendo massacres the Picross concept with this pay-to-win game. Everything that would make this game good is hidden behind a paywall.
My interest in Pokemon is also quite low, so to have them and all their "powers (cheats)" makes it not better.
Their powers just lessen the main idea whats great about picross games.
Was not expecting much of this game but was still surprised by the new evil ways of Nintendo.
Might try and endure a bit longer to see some more of the picross-puzzles in area 9.

52. Out There: Omega Edition (iOS & Android) 10/10
49/57 achievements
This has to one of my favorites this year so I'll put it as my 52nd game as it's also one of my most played. I'll continue to come back to this game now and then.
Relaxing but sometimes annoying, as it should be with this kind of games.
Wonderful art-design and soundscapes.

53. Candy Crush Saga (iOS) 8/10
A lot of people hate these kind of games, but I find them really fun and a good time-waster. I started playing this game just after I had a eye-surgery.
The big and bright colours made it easy and made time go quicker while I was stuck in bed.
Although it might be time to stop playing now, there's always Candy Crush Soda ;).
I've reached level 737 in the main world and level 120 in the Owl-world. Never bought anything in the game. Don't feel bad playing these games, enjoy yourselves instead.

Synth

I'd better get this up before I forget. These are the games rounding out my list of 52 for the year.

Original Post

Hitman GO
apps.46971.13510798883651177.6d9a83ae-8a21-47d9-b8ba-970a92b76d26.05013df0-ead9-4b62-beed-590a743030d8

Criteria: All stars on all levels obtained
Time played: ?? hours

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy this anywhere near as much as Lara Croft GO. I think I'd have probably enjoyed it more if I had played it first, rather than picking it up in response to enjoying Lara Croft GO so much. This felt far more stagnant, and the levels soon began to feel repetitive. The optional stars typically necessitate playing the same level multiple times as well, even if you are already aware of their solutions during the first run. It's still a good game overall, but Lara Croft GO is imo a huge improvement.

Borderlands 2

Criteria: Standard game completion + all DLC campaigns
Time played: 65 hours

I'm always surprised by how much I enjoy Borderlands games. They're pretty much the direct opposite of Destiny... the gameplay is pretty wonky, and the art is questionable... but the world is so interesting comparatively and the dialogue entertaining enough that it simeply doesn't matter. Whilst Destiny (including The Taken King) always feels like a random MMO "go here, kill that" quest... everything you do in Borderlands feels like an actual event. Characters are memorable and interesting and places have purpose. I've already started on The Presequel, and will be on the lookout for an eventual Borderlands 3.

Elite: Dangerous

Criteria: N/A
Time played: 63 hours

I couldn't really come up with a worthwhile criteria for Elite Dangerous, but have decided to include it for a few reasons. One is that I'm at 51 game otherwise (and I'd rather not count The Taken King without finishing the raid)... and the other is that my time with this version of the game has come to an end, as I have now moved over to the PC version of Elite Dangerous: Horizons. It's an amazing game in my opinion, and one of the best (if not the best) gaming experience I've had this year. The sense of wonder and discovery is unmatched by any other game I've played, where I don't feel the need to even have any set goal. I never really took to Minecraft in the way that many others did, but I feel like I understand better now the appeal of such games where "what do you actually do?" seems like a natural question. I'm looking forward to seeing the game continue to grow in the future, and will also be sure to check out No Man's Sky once that releases.

gaiages

Banned
Just going to go ahead and ask - how do y'all manage to fulfill the list (hopefully) without burning yourself out and getting tired of playing stuff? After all 52 games is a lot, and I figure I'd have run out of steam long before then. Any coping strategies perhaps?

I personally pepper in shorter games with the longer ones. I have a lot of RPGs, so if I tried to beat 52 of those I'd go insane. I also had a couple times there where I just, like, didn't play games for a few weeks.

For next year I actually have a whole slew of fighting games I'm going to play to help boost my early year numbers a bit and get me motivated (thanks SNK bundle!). I did something *somewhat* similar this year (though it was just short PC games that were chilling in my backlog).

Also mobile games actually helped me a bit, but then again I mostly only pick ones that have a reachable end (without microtransactions). I'm working on Hitman Go now, whenever I have a bit of free time in transit and I don't wanna pull out my portable :D

Will this thread be locked at the deadline, as my post hasn't been updated for a while. Or do we have time to edit it after the deadline in the OP?

Dr. Buni

Is the 2016 thread going up today or did I miss its appearance earlier this week?
I don't think VisceralBowl has posted it yet.
Just going to go ahead and ask - how do y'all manage to fulfill the list (hopefully) without burning yourself out and getting tired of playing stuff? After all 52 games is a lot, and I figure I'd have run out of steam long before then. Any coping strategies perhaps?
To be fair I did get tired of playing stuff by July or so (it doesn't help most of the games I played the first half of the year were long games). I could have ended the challenge by that month or September at latest, but I just couldn't push myself to play stuff anymore. So I took a break and then eventually started playing again, finishing the challenge. I am sitting on the 58 games mark right now, wish I could have hit the 60 mark.

tav7623

Well I had a good run but it looks like I'm gonna be finishing this year's challenge with 43 games, just 9 shy of the goal. On the bright side I will at least have a good head start for next year's challenge as there are more than a dozen or so games (AC: Syndicate, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Fatal Frame V, Ryse: Son of Rome, Xenoblade Chronicles, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Outlast, Castlevania LoS 2, Sonic Generations, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and White Night to name a few) that I started this year that I'll be trying to finish next year.

Cross-posting from the 2015 Beaten thread :

HLtB

1 |01/01| Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris |PC| 50%
2 |01/03| The Walking Dead |XO| 100%
3 |01/06| Mario Kart 7 |3DS| 70%
4 |01/06| Mario Kart 8 - Pack 1 DLC |WiiU| 90%
5 |01/06| The Oregon Trail |PC| 80%
6 |01/10| Halo: The Master Chief Collection: Halo 2 |XO| 90%
7 |01/11| Sunset Overdrive: The Mystery of the Mooil Rig |XO| 60%
8 |01/17| Never Alone |PC| 60%
9 |01/19| Star Fox 64 3D |3DS| 70%
10 |01/24| Halo: The Master Chief Collection: Halo 3 |XO| 90%
11 |01/26| Halo: The Master Chief Collection: Halo 4 |XO| 80%
12 |01/31| Saints Row: Gat out of Hell |PC| 60%
13 |02/01| Life Is Strange - Episode 1: Chrysalis |PC| 90%
14 |02/14| Game of Thrones: Episode 2 - The Lost Lords |XO| 50%
15 |03/01| Far Cry 4 |PS4| 90%
16 |03/02| The Order: 1886 |PS4| 70%
17 |03/05| Uncharted: Drake's Fortune |PS3| 80%
18 |03/10| Kirby: Triple Deluxe |3DS| 80%
19 |03/12| Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |PS3| 100%
20 |03/15| Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception |PS3| 80%
21 |03/21| God of War III |PS3| 90%
22 |03/21| Time Crisis: Razing Storm |PS3| 30%
23 |03/23| Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 2 - Atlas Mugged |PC| 90%
24 |03/27| Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yetis |PS4| 70%
25 |03/27| Game of Thrones: Episode 3 - The Sword in the Darkness |XO| 60%
26 |03/29| Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious |XO| 70%
27 |04/03| Destiny |PS4| 60%
28 |04/04| Sunset Overdrive: Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines |XO| 70%
29 |04/11| Life Is Strange - Episode 2: Out of Time |PC| 80%
30 |04/18| Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Nintendo |3DS| 90%
31 |04/23| 10000000 |Android| 80%
32 |04/30| Bloodborne |PS4| 90%
33 |05/03| The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Nintendo |3DS| 90%
34 |05/10| Wolfenstein: The Old Blood |PC| 70%
35 |05/16| Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword |DS| 80%
36 |05/17| Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker |WiiU| 80%
37 |05/22| Life Is Strange - Episode 3: Chaos Theory |PC| 80%
38 |05/28| Kirby and the Rainbow Curse |WiiU| 70%
39 |06/06| Halo: The Master Chief Collection: Halo 3: ODST |XO| 80%
40 |06/07| You Must Build A Boat |iOS| 90%
41 |06/13| You Must Build A Boat |Android| 90%
42 |06/21| Game of Thrones: Episode 4 - Sons of Winter |XO| 70%
43 |06/21| Westerado: Double Barreled |PC| 80%
44 |06/26| Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition Nintendo |3DS| 90%
45 |07/06| New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo |DS| 70%
46 |07/13| Batman: Arkham Knight |PS4| 80%
47 |07/16| Crimson Clover WORLD IGNITION |PC| 80%
48 |07/30| God of War III: Remastered |PS4| 90%
49 |08/02| Game of Thrones: Episode 5 - A Nest of Vipers |XO| 60%
50 |08/02| Life Is Strange - Episode 4: Dark Room |PC| 80%
51 |08/08| Portal |PC| 100%
52 |08/08| Regency Solitaire |PC| 80%
53 |08/13| King's Quest: Chapter 1 - A Knight to Remember |PC| 80%
54 |08/14| Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 3 - Catch A Ride |PC| 70%
55 |08/16| Kid Icarus: Uprising Nintendo |3DS| 70%
56 |08/22| Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |PC| 80%
57 |08/22| Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 4 - Escape Plan Bravo |PC| 80%
58 |09/07| Lara Croft Go |iOS| 80%
59 |09/28| Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |PC| 90%
60 |09/31| Gears of War: Ultimate Edition |XO| 70%
61 |10/12| Transformers: Devastation |PC| 80%
62 |10/12| Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune |PS4| 80%
63 |10/20| Life Is Strange - Episode 5: Polarized |PC| 80%
64 |10/25| Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 5 - The Vault of the Traveler |PC| 90%
65 |11/01| Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |PS4| 100%
66 |11/08| Persona 4: Golden |VITA| 100%
67 |11/14| Persona 4: Dancing All Night |VITA| 70%
68 |11/28| Halo 5: Guardians |XO| 70%
69 |12/06| Call of Duty: Black Ops III |PS4| 70%
70 |12/11| Bastion |VITA| 70%
71 |12/19| Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne |PC| 100%
72 |12/24| Game of Thrones: Episode 6 - The Ice Dragon |XO| 80%
73 |12/24| Mushihime-sama |PC| 80%
74 |12/24| The Beginner's Guide |PC| 70%
75 |12/28| Undertale |PC| 70%

Played a ton, but didn't "beat":

76 Rocket League |PC|
77 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |VITA|
78 Hot Shots Golf World Invitational |VITA|
79 Rock Band 4 |XO|
80 Jamestown+ |PS4|

2016's 2015 Back-log:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate |PC|
Destiny: The Taken King |PS4|
Dragon Ball Xenoverse |PS4|
Dragon Quest Heroes |PC|
Dying Light |PC|
Fallout 4 |PC|
Fast Racing Neo |WiiU|
Final Fantasy VII |PS4|
Final Fantasy Type0 HD |PC|
Final Fantasy X/X-2 |PS4|
Galak-Z |PS4/PC|
Guitar Hero Live |PS4/iOS|
Journey |PS4|
Mad Max |PC|
N++ |PS4|
Ori and the Blind Forest |PC|
Rare Replay |XO|
Resident Evil Revelations 2 |PC|
Rise of the Tomb Raider |XO|
SOMA |PC|
Steamworld Heist |3DS|
Tales of Zestiria |PC|
Uncharted 3 (Nathan Drake Collection) |PS4|
Until Dawn |PS4|
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |PC|
Xenoblade Chronicles X |WiiU|

Schryver

Made it to 30 games last night. Considering I beat the single player of about 90% of those I'm pretty satisfied. With a brand new sound system I am especially looking forward to 2016 and all of my awesome backlog.

kierwynn

Grats to everyone who finished! I didn't complete it (but my fiance did- boo @ him), but I did manage to finish 31 games this year which I am happy with since I completed 9 in 2014. Participating was a big motivation- hoping to either actually complete the challenge in 2016 or at least get closer! Also plan to keep my list updated next year- I kinda stopped at some point and regret not keeping up with it better.

Good luck to everyone participating in 2016!

Azriell

Grats to everyone who finished! I didn't complete it (but my fiance did- boo @ him), but I did manage to finish 31 games this year which I am happy with since I completed 9 in 2014. Participating was a big motivation- hoping to either actually complete the challenge in 2016 or at least get closer! Also plan to keep my list updated next year- I kinda stopped at some point and regret not keeping up with it better.

31 is nothing to be ashamed of. I would think most people probably beat no more than 12 a year, and honestly it's probably a lot less than that. Like you, the challenge is a huge motivation for me to actually play games. Finishing games feels good!

Maybe you can do it in 2016. In 2013, I finished about 35 games (Telltale Walking Dead s1 as one game) and I was very happy with that and it was probably my best year, then in 2014 I finished around 55 games, I assumed I wouldn't be able to repeat getting 52 again in 2015 but I did.

quabba

31 is nothing to be ashamed of. I would think most people probably beat no more than 12 a year, and honestly it's probably a lot less than that. Like you, the challenge is a huge motivation for me to actually play games. Finishing games feels good!

I got to 49, and almost finished a few on new years eve to try and get over the line but I realised counting episodes felt like a cheat and I'd rather fall short of the (arbitrary) target and feel good about what I had played.

I finished way more games than ever before this year thanks to this challenge. The only issue was at one time I was booting up short indie games just wanting to see the credits and wasn't allowing myself to enjoy the games. I kind of got over that and decided to finally finish Persona 3.

See you in the 2016 thread.

14/52 = ~27%

So I really didn't even come close to beating 52 games. I play some more games but haven't finished them yet. Guess I'll try again in 2016. What really messed me up this year was Summer was suppose to be more productive but I barely played anything and the games that I did play was an online game that I dumped so many hours into (Xenoverse). Oh well.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Original post

Game #1: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes 1/1/15

I finished this one just as the new year happened while everyone else around was getting drunk and having a good time. Pretty good if somewhat short.

Game #2: Mass Effect 2 1/11/15

I forgot i finish my insanity playtrough this year, great game.

Game #3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 1/16/15

This game was less better than 2 and kinda made no sense too in some parts, it was okay i guess but man i'm glad i got for free with PS plus.

Game #4: METAL GEAR SOLID 4 1/24/15

This game was pretty good.

Game #5: Hitman: Contracts 31/1/15

Got the platinum on this one, the game is less annoying that 2 but not by much.

Game #6: Hitman: Blood Money 2/21/15

Every time i replay this game is always a good experience.

Game #7: Torchlight 3/6/15

This game was allright i guess.

Game #8: Batman: Arkham Asylum 3/14/15

I platinumed this game, so fucking good.

Game #9: Fallout New vegas

Pretty good

Game #10: Silent Hill 3 10/10/15

Wish i played this earlier.

Game #11: Silent Hill 3 22/10/15

I platinumed my 2 year saved, cool.

Game #12: Hitman: Absolution 27/10/15

I platinumed this game in 4 days, almost wish i hadn't because the game sucks.

Game #13: Machinarium 27/10/15

I should have finished this years ago

Game #14: Fallout 4 November

not worth the full price

Game #15: Stasis 31/12/15

so yeah 15 games, i failed pretty hard tough i'm happy to see i'm not alone LOL. This year i honestly had the time to play games i just spent it on fucking hearthstone, next year will different i promise. Next year all of us that didn't complete will certainly finish the challenge, happy new year gentlemen.

An-Det

Finished the year at 56 games, ending with 5 in December (concluding with marathoning all three parts of Starcraft 2, which is nice considering how long it had been in the making). Definitely looking forward doing this again in 2016, and getting off to a running start on the new 52 this weekend.

First post.
Second post.

Azriell

I got to 49, and almost finished a few on new years eve to try and get over the line but I realised counting episodes felt like a cheat and I'd rather fall short of the (arbitrary) target and feel good about what I had played.

I finished way more games than ever before this year thanks to this challenge. The only issue was at one time I was booting up short indie games just wanting to see the credits and wasn't allowing myself to enjoy the games. I kind of got over that and decided to finally finish Persona 3.

See you in the 2016 thread.

I fall into that trap myself sometimes. The challenge is good because it gets you to play and finish games, but its easy to make the challenge about the the challenge instead of about the games.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Made it to 52. I gave up writing blurbs part way through the list.

This would have been way easier if Fallout 4 didn't entirely consume 5-6 weeks of my gaming time.

Game 1: Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate Deluxe Edition (PS3)
Game 2: Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4)
Game 3: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
Game 4: SteamWorld Dig (PS4)
Game 5: Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX (PS4)
Game 6: The Swapper (PS4)
Game 7: Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
Game 8: Apotheon (PS4)
Game 9: Entwined (PS4)
Game 10: OlliOlli2: Welcome to OlliWood (PS4)
Game 11: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4)
Game 12: Jamestown+ (PS4)
Game 13: Helldivers (PS4)
Game 14: Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
Game 15: Life is Strange: Episodes 1-5 (PS4)
Game 16: Axiom Verge (PS4)
Game 17: Stealth, Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4)
Game 18: Bastion (PS4)
Game 19: Broken Age (PS4)
Game 20: Bloodborne (PS4)
Game 21: Shovel Knight (PS4)
Game 22: Ether One (PS4)
Game 23: Super Exploding Zoo (PS4)
Game 24: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Game 25: Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut (PS4)
Game 26: Whispering Willows (PS4)
Game 27: The Order: 1886 (PS4)
Game 28: Tembo the Badass Elephant (PS4)
Game 29: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4)
Game 30: The Fall (PS4)
Game 31: Journey (PS4)
Game 32: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
Game 33: Galak-Z: The Dimensional (PS4)
Game 34: N++ (PS4)
Game 35: Adventures of Pip (PS4)
Game 36: VVVVVV (PS4)
Game 37: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Game 38: Mad Max (PS4)
Game 39: Xeodrifter (PS4)
Game 40: Grow Home (PS4)
Game 41: Super Time Force Ultra (PS4)
Game 42: SOMA (PS4)
Game 43: Flame Over (PS4)
Game 44: Teslagrad (PS4)
Game 45: Leo's Fortune (PS4)
Game 46: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
Game 47: Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)
Game 48: The Talos Principle (+ Road to Gehenna) (PS4)
Game 49: Fallout 4 (PS4)
Game 50: Volume (PS4)
Game 51: Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (PS4)
Game 52: Titan Attacks!

Time to wrap this sucker up. Final tally: 59 games!

Total hours played: 1205:11 hours, or 50.21 days, or 3.3 hours a day (+2.5% over last year)

Top games by hours played:
1. Fallout 4 (PC) - 141:21
2. A-Train 3D: City Simulator (3DS) - 115:57
3. Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (3DS) - 89:12
4. Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PS3) - 56:52
5. Persona Q: Shadows of the Labryinth (3DS) - 55:37
6. Chain Chronicle (Android) - 54:00
7. Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - 48:57
8. Forza Motorsport 6 (XB1) - 41:14
9. GemCraft: Chasing Shadows (PC) - 39:21
10. Forza Horizon 2 (XB1) - 27:53

Finally, the optional goals I set for myself this year:

Play the entire Wing Commander mainline series (1-4 and Prophecy) to completion. Three out of five ain't so bad, right?
Finish one goddamned JRPG on the 3DS, seriously already. How about two of them? Persona Q and Devil Survivor 2 both completed this year.
Finish Child of Light and Valiant Hearts. Complete!
Finish at least one more Metal Gear Solid game. Ooops.
Play (but not necessarily finish) every Xbox 360 game in my backlog (oh god). As you can tell from the parenthetical, this was always a ridiculous goal. I did knock three 360 games off my backlog, at least! Only, uh, 25 or so to go!

See you next year, and congratulations to everyone who made it (and consolation to everyone who tried!)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded to my question about how to manage to play 52 titles in a year. Really appreciate the comments and there's a lot of good advice in there. Going to put it to use in the coming year :D.

Weiss

Banned
Might as well chime in with my list as well. Nothing's in order or dated.

1. Tearaway
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Banjo Tooie
4. Donkey Kong Country
5. Metal Gear Solid
6. Lost Dimension
7. Kingdom Hearts
8. Suikoden
9. Kingdom Heart 2
10. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
11. Suikoden
12. Resident Evil 2
13. Infamous 2
14. Shovel Knight
15. Earthbound
16. Resident Evil Revelations 2
17. NieR
18. Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus
19. Sly 2: Band of Thieves
20. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
21. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
22. Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
23. Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus
24. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
25. Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
26. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
27. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
28. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
29. Demon's Crest
30. Seiken Densetsu 3
31. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
32. Shin Megami Tensei IV
33. Persona 4
34. Shadow of the Colossus
35. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
36. Chrono Trigger
37. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
38. Mega Man ZX
39. Mega Man X
40. Mega Man X2
41. Mega Man X3
42. Mega Man X4
43. Okami
44. Psychonauts
45. Undertale
46. Xenogears
47. Rocket: Robot on Wheels
48. Silent Hill
49. Pokemon X
50. Super Mario 64
51. Codename STEAM
52. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

KyleP29

The List

So i completed the challenged earlier in December but thought id do a little year in review.

52 Total games beat

Roughly 1,893 hours played

25 PS4 games - 8 WiiU games - 2 Mobile games - 12 Xbox One games - 5 PC games

It should be interesting to see how this compares next yer. I was unemployed for the first half of the year and put way to much time into Destiny, and still knocked out a good chunk of games. Might be able to hit the goal again in 2016 since i seem to have moved on from Destiny, however time could be an issue,

Congrats to those who accomplished their goals, and good luck to those looking to do so in 2016.

Pachimari

In also gonna try and participate this year. I think I completed 3 games last year as I have never been one to complete games but I really want to change that.

Spyware

Just realised I never updated my posts with the October games (I didn't finish anything at all in November or December) and a reason for that is that I disliked my... "layout". I have an idea for the next thread and my goal is just 52 games this time, not as many as possible, so I might keep up with it better ^^

Anyways, here's the rest of my finished games in 2015:

10-01 - Under a Killing Moon
10-04 - The Pandora Directive
10-10 - Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
10-17 - Closure
10-20 - Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
10-24 - Sam & Max: Hit the Road
10-27 - Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space

Summary post one
Summary post two

112. Mostly really, really short indie games though. Excited to build a new PC this year and get stuck into the bigger stuff I've been holding back on.

January: Love, Wizorb, Escape Goat, Words for Evil, You Have To Win The Game, Resident Evil: Revelations, The Plan, One Finger Death Punch, Tobe's Vertical Adventure.

February: SEGA Bass Fishing, Resident Evil HD Remaster, Jazzpunk, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Radical Rappelling, Prototype, Quantum Conundrum, And Yet It Moves.

March: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Astro Tripper, Capsized, NyxQuest, NightSky, Type:Rider, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Super Win the Game, Transistor, BEEP, Assassin's Creed III, The Nightmare Cooperative.

April: Mark of the Ninja, Gateways, Scoregasm, Bloodborne, Dirt 3, Titan Souls.

May: The Talos Principle, Out There Somewhere, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Grim Fandango Remastered, Syndicate, Need for Speed: The Run, 6180 The Moon.

June: Rogue Legacy, Please, Don't Touch Anything, The Saboteur, You Must Build A Boat, Jak and Daxter, Saira, Jak II, The Fall, Grow Home, Jak 3, Ori and the Blind Forest.

July: Bulletstorm, Cook, Serve, Delicious!, Waking Mars, Dear Esther, Hammerfight, Journey, Potatoman Seeks the Troof, Homefront, Pavel Quest, Monkey Island 2: Special Edition.

August: Regency Solitaire, Polarity, Policenauts, Snapshot, Freedom Fall, Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, Unhack, FOTONICA, Killer is Dead, Back to Bed, Where is My Heart?

September: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Snatcher, Zone of the Enders, Snake's Revenge.

October: Zone of the Enders 2, Divide By Sheep, Ninja Pizza Girl, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Dragon's Lair, Lara Croft GO, Tengami, TRAUMA, Bermuda, Gone Home, OlliOlli 2, Thomas Was Alone, Egg Returns Home, Quarries of Scred, Home, A Story About My Uncle, Monument Valley, 140, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Life of Pixel, Toybox Turbos, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Gravity Error.

November: 9,03m, Pink Hour, Pink Heaven, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Axiom Verge, Tembo the Badass Elephant, Dino Run DX.

December: Singularity, Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and the Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist, Downwell, Shadow Complex Remastered.

Original Post and Second Post (ran out of space).

Holy shit. I kept putting off updating my list and now it's New Year's eve! :p

Game 53: Bulletstorm (PS3)

This game is always heavily recommended but it took a while for me to get into it. The scenery is imaginative and beautiful. The humor works in some parts but not others and I'm not sure if it's trying to be a self-parody of the hulking space marine genera, if it is it did it poorly. I also found the guns extremely unsatisfying. They may as well be Super Soakers. The game also does not know when to end, I think for a while I was shouting "END ALREADY!!!!" at the screen. Overall though, I thought it was okay, nothing too amazing but I enjoyed it enough to say it's a pretty good game, just not stunning like everyone portrays it to be. Maybe it's because I don't follow FPS games but if this is one of the best then I don't think I've missed out on much by avoiding them.

Game 54: Hitman Absolution (PS3)

Now this game is a breath of fresh air. Unlike Bulletstorm, I only hear endless shit being talked about this one on GAF. People say it's the worst in the Hitman series, it's nothing like the earlier games, it's terrible. Which is strange because I could swear it got stellar reviews when it came out. But as a fan of the series, I knew I had to take the plunge because it was cheap and I hoped I would at least find something to like in it. Once I played it, I thought it was fantastic, it's some of the most fun I've had in a game all year, it totally came out of left field for me. It's not as good as Blood Money but it did scratch that Hitman itch for me. Their portrayal of 47 is a little off, you can tell he got injected with some Squeenix. It also ends too abruptly, and that makes me hesitate to trust them if the next game is going to have episodic content. But I never thought I would even consider the next game at all but after playing this one I'm actually looking forward to hearing some news about it. A fantastic game regardless of what the haters say, I would recommend it even to non Hitman fans.

Game 55: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3)

I'll just reiterate this post of mine.
I'm playing through this right now. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE recommends this game. I'm close to the end and I'm having a hard time understanding why it's so highly regarded. The combat is extremely clunky and slightly delayed because of character animations. The camera is frustrating and the platforming pretty much consists of just mashing a single button and aiming in the right direction. It really sucks because platforming and combat are 90% of the game. Every level feels like a bunch of little cut scenes all strung together and just waiting for you to press a button to activate them. I think people want to recommend this game because the post-apocalyptic landscape hits close to home but after playing Fallout 3 and NV for the first time this year I found Enslaved to be very lackluster and constraining.

One reason I always hear when people recommend this game is that it's based on Journey to the West. I'm not familiar with that story but I'm going to read the cliff notes when I finish this game because I'm almost done with it and so far it seems like the furthest you can get from ancient folklore. It's just a cookie cutter story about two mismatched but co-dependent travelers who have to go from point A to point B to point C and overcome obstacles and enemies in between.

I'm still trudging through it. I don't find it difficult to recommend, I just plainly don't recommend it.

Welp. I beat it. I hated it.

What it tries to do, it does well. I'm not knocking anyone for liking this game and there were parts that I liked. But just as I was enjoying myself I'd jet locked into another button mashing cut scene. It almost feels like this game was trying to be Shenmue without the open world but all that did was take the parts of Shenmue that I hate and took out the parts I love.

This game was a big learning exercise for me. It showed me that just because something I know nothing about is highly recommended, it might not open me to a new experience I'll enjoy. I know that's common sense but I, like most people, go to others for recommendations and usually it pays off. But I think now I'll only take recommendations for games that I know a little about and am at least a fan of similar games with that approach. I know that's going to close me off because maybe there's a JRPG or a game very similar to Journey to the West that I'd actually enjoy and now I won't ever get to play but it's just something I'll have to deal with so I don't waste time on stuff I'm not going to like.

Game 56: Grow Home (PS4)

Out of all the games I never thought Grow Home would be the first one I beat on PS4. And what a way to end the year! This was a recommendation from a friend in the Netherlands who's deeply into the indie scene and he was right, I love this game. I pretty much beat it in one sitting. This has been a hell of a year for me and especially because I've discovered a love of indie games. I hope to find and enjoy more indies on PS4 because that's definitely what I want to be playing. I really don't have any complaints about Grow Home. It was a very fair and very fun challenge. I plan to play it all over again next year.

Game 1: Danganronpa - 26:12:08
Really enjoyed this one!

Game 2: Danganronpa 2
Less than the first in some ways, but better in a few ways too. Really enjoyed it overall!

Game 3: Knack
Do not buy

Game 4: Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Pretty much what I expected. A good buy for a person who enjoys Persona and has a fondness for fighting games.

Game 5: Devil May Cry - 09:33
First time I played through this game, definitely aged in some ways, mostly the camera control, but I still had a nice time with it.

Game 6: Devil May Cry 3 - 14:04:57
Definitely a step up from the first, I remember there being a few annoying spots, but it was good overall.

Game 7: Devil May Cry 4 – Around 12 hours
Another step up, but they fucked up when they made you basically play the game twice over.

Game 8: Guacamelee – About 7 hours
Pretty fun. Hard in some spots.

Game 9: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga – 40
Though there is no demon fusion, if your a fan of FF and SMT (Which I'd assume most people would be both?), it's a pretty good game. You get the kind of focus on story you would in a FF game, while keeping the press turn system from SMT, which I love. Ending is pretty weak though. I'd be pissed if I had played it on release and had to wait whatever amount of time it took for the sequel to be released.

Game 10: Ratchet and Clank – 15 hours
Good game, but it's definitely aged.

Game 11: Wolfenstein: The New Order
Did a playthrough on the hardest difficulty, and got the platinum. Unlike most modern FPS games, it wasn't a total bitch, and was actually pretty fun. Just got to go in hard.

Game 12: Hotline Miami
Finally played this one after hearing about it for awhile. Loved it! Great soundtrack, too.

Game 13: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Gameplay is basically the same, but there's a way bigger focus on story this time, and an actual conclusion to it. Great game!

Game 14: 50 Cent Blood on the Sand
If you can get it for cheap, enough to get a friend a copy too, I'd recommend it. I played it a lone and still enjoyed it.

Game 15: Bloodborne
Great game!

Game 16: Mega Man 9 4:27:00
My first Mega Man. Hard as fuck but it was a lot of fun, and it felt pretty rewarding to finally beat it.

Game 17: Shovel Knight
Great game!

Game 18: Ninja Gaiden Black
I tried to play this when I was around 14 or 15 and couldn't even get past the first dinosaur fiend things, and that was vanilla. This game was pretty hard, but much like Mega Man it was a lot fun and it felt great to finally beat it after all of this time!

Game 19: The Evil Within
This was my second playthrough, and this time on the hardest difficulty, Akumu. Frustrating as shit, but surprisingly I had a lot of fun, even though my death count was astronomical. Also did a speed run for the trophy, but I won't count that.

Game 20: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Not as good as the New Order, but it was still a lot of fun and definitely worth the price.

Game 21: Metro 2033
Weird game, but I ended up liking it by the end.

Game 22: Deus Ex
I think I beat this game three fucking times this year for that damn no kill trophy. Great game, but fuck that achievement.

Game 23: Black
I didn't like this at first, but I went back to it and discovered the custom soundtrack option. I played though this game with my surround sound up high and with the hypest track I could find, probably some of the most fun I had this year.

Game 24: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Reactions seemed mixed on this one. I thought both the story and gameplay were alright. I'd recoommend it if you're a big Danaganronpa fan. Probably should leave it along if you aren't, though I doubt anyone even considering buying this hasn't played the other two games.

Game 25: Until Dawn
Actually expected this game to be shit, but I ended up having a lot of fun with it. I was also able to beat it with one rental from the Redbox. I would definitely recommend it (from the Redbox).

Game 26: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Great game! Story was dissapointing, but being able to tackle bases however you want was pretty fun!

Game 27: The Legend of Korra
Get it cheap.

Game 28: Rage
It was alright.

Game 29: Catherine
Not to fond of the gameplay in the beginning, but over time I starting moving block in my head constantly and it became more bearable.

Game 30: Batman Arkham Knight
I'll echo what others have said: to much batmobile. Still fun though.

Game 31: The Legend of Zelda: Wind waker
I really liked this game, but going back to it has soured me on it. It's pretty shit after the triforce hunt, with the only highlight being the Ganondorf fight.

Game 32: Asura's Wrath
Gameplay is no good, but goddamn does this shit get hype. Don't even buy it if you're not going to get the last episode (even if that's bullshit)

Game 33: Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
I picked this back up after leaving it for awhile, which wasn't to big of a mistake because it seemed like things completely changed after that. The ending sequence was pretty great.

Game 34: Mafia II
It was alright. Get it cheap.

Game 35: Resistance 3
Surprisingly good! Didn't like the first one, and I didn't even try the sequal.

Game 36: Crisis
Pretty fun, but that last boss was garbage.

Game 37: Alien Isolation
Lasted way to long. Boring.

Game 38: Resident Evil
Played the HD version, and I had a lot of fun. I can't remember if I stuck with the OG tank controls or not. But either way, you probably should use the new controls.

Game 39: Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed
Pretty fun game. Get it cheap.

Game 40: Life is Strange
Pretty good! I even like the conclusion, though I think most maybe didn't?

Game 41: Mega Man
Hard, but fun.

Game 42: The Walking Dead
Really enjoyed the story, but they should cool it with the QTEs

Game 43: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep HD
Already beat it on the PSP, but I wanted to check the HD version out too. Still a great game!

Game 44: Halo: Combat Evolved
Played through on heroic solo for the first time. I see why people hate the Library so much.

Game 45: Halo 2
I should have left it alone.

Game 46: Halo 3
Just as fun as I remembered!

Game 47: Halo 4
It was alright.

Game 48: Tomb Raider
second playthrough. Good game!

Game 49: Final Fantasy X
Speed through due to a fuck up on my orginal save. Good game, but fuck the end game content.

Game 50: Tales from the Borderlands
Good stuff! Though the performance got ridiculous on some parts.

Game 51: Transformers: Devastation
Had a lot of fun with this one! Definitely a better product than Korra.

Game 52: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The last but not least! The campaign was a lot of fun
after you split from Atlas

Lemstar

Done. Got too lazy to write blurbs after the first few, but whatever. It's not like anyone was reading them anyway, right?

1: Wolfenstein: The New Order (XB1) - 18h (01/04/15 - 01/07/15)
2: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (XB1) - 5h (01/08/15 - 01/12/15)
3: Infamous: First Light (PS4) - 3h (01/16/15 - 01/16/15)
4: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (XB1) - 4h (01/21/15 - 01/22/15)
5: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - 16h (01/23/15 - 01/29/15)
6: Escape Plan (PSV) - 3h (02/05/15 - 02/09/15)
7: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Wii U) - 20h (02/01/15 - 02/13/15)
8: Trine 2 - Goblin Menace (PC) - 4h (02/14/15 - 02/15/15)
9: Star Fox 64 (3DS) - 2h (02/16/15 - 02/18/15)
10: Kara no Shoujo (PC) - 12h (02/18/15 - 02/20/15)
11: The Order: 1886 (PS4) - 7h (02/21/15 - 02/22/15)
12: Battlefield 3 (PS3) - 7h (02/17/15 - 02/24/15)
13: Mortal Kombat (PSV) - 8h (02/26/15 - 02/28/15)
14: Fate/stay night (PC) - 28h (03/02/15 - 03/08/15)
15: Heroes of Might and Magic III: Restoration of Erathia (PC) - 50h (12/15/14 - 03/18/15)
16: Battlefield Hardline (XB1) - 8h (03/18/15 - 03/20/15)
17: Battlefield 4 (PC) - 6h (03/25/15 - 03/26/15)
18: Planescape: Torment (PC) - 30h (03/31/15 - 04/09/15)
19: Mortal Kombat X (PS4) - 5h (04/14/15 - 04/15/15)
20: Kick & Fennick (PSV) - 6h (03/30/15 - 05/10/15)
21: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (360) - 5h (05/12/15 - 05/22/15)
22: Watch Dogs (XB1) - 18h (04/10/15 - 06/06/15)
23: The Walking Dead: Season 2 (360) - 9h (06/12/15 - 06/15/15)
24: Batman: Arkham Knight (XB1) - 17h (06/23/15 - 07/02/15)
25: The Stanley Parable (PC) - 2h (07/28/15 - 07/31/15)
26: Entwined (PSV) - 2h (08/16/15 - 08/18/15)
27: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (PSV) - 10h (08/18/15 - 08/20/15)
28: eden* (PC) - 4h (08/22/15 - 08/23/15)
29: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PSV) - 14h (09/02/15 - 09/07/15)
30: Saya no Uta (PC) - 2h (09/26/15 - 09/26/15)
31: Never Alone (PS4) - 3h (04/16/15 - 09/29/15)
32: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (XB1) - 9h (09/23/15 - 10/04/15)
33: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (XB1) - 2h (10/06/15 - 10/06/15)
34: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (XB1) - 6h (10/13/15 - 10/24/15)
35: Hatoful Boyfriend (PC) - 4h (10/25/15 - 10/25/15)
36: Halo 5: Guardians (XB1) - 6h (10/28/15 - 10/29/15)
37: Murasaki Baby (PSV) - 2h (11/02/15 - 11/03/15)
38: Jazzpunk (PC) - 2h (11/04/15 - 11/04/15)
39: CounterSpy (PSV) - 3h (11/03/15 - 11/05/15)
40: Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XB1) - 8h (11/07/15 - 11/09/15)
41: Undertale (PC) - 7h (11/10/15 - 11/12/15)
42: Rise of the Tomb Raider (XB1) - 12h (11/12/15 - 11/16/15)
43: Ace Attorney Investigations: Prosecutor's Path (DS) - 20h (11/16/15 - 11/22/15)
44: Assassin's Creed: Unity (XB1) - 17h (11/22/15 - 11/27/15)
45: Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dead Kings (XB1) - 5h (11/27/15 - 11/27/15)
46: Rayman Legends (XB1) - 7h (11/29/15 - 12/05/15)
47: Dishonored - The Knife of Dunwall (XB1) - 7h (12/07/15 - 12/08/15)
48: Dishonored - The Brigmore Witches (XB1) - 6h (12/09/15 - 12/11/15)
49: The Talos Principle (PS4) - 14h (12/13/15 - 12/20/15)
50: DmC: Devil May Cry - Vergil's Downfall (XB1) - 2h (12/21/15 - 12/21/15)
51: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (XB1) - 9h (12/23/15 - 12/27/15)
52: Rogue Legacy (PSV) - 18h (12/25/15 - 12/28/15)
53: Call of Duty: World at War (360) - 5h (12/28/15 - 12/31/15)

Final post for 2015 Final list

December

63. Brandish: Dark Revenant / 26hrs

Loved this so much it made my top ten for the year. Incredible!

64. SquareCells / 6 hrs

I absolutely loved this as well, only much like the first Hexcells, it only scratches the surface of greatness. I'm sure it will evolve and grow even more.

65. Super Win the Game / 3 hrs

Twas quality, enjoyed it.

1403 hrs / 65 games

Really, I am juggling about ten unfinished huge games at the moment, with two almost completed, but alas, with a few hours in 2015 for me to go, they will not be finished. January will be a quick start on my list however. Some of the others like Fallout 4 may never be completed.

CloakBass

Original Post

With minutes to spare!

#44 - Emily is Away (PC) - I like the way the game was laid out and everything, but the whole time I just wanted to be talk with Emily and the game kept assuming I wanted to be in a relationship. The game gives you false agency and then keeps trying to goad you into playing it the way it wants to be played before telling you how you're supposed to feel at the end.

#45 - Alphabet (PC) - Keita Takahashi's LA Game Space experiment. Did not like it.

#46 - VideoHeroeS alpha version (PC)

#47 - Perfect Stride alpha version (PC)

#48 - Pachalafaka (PC)

#49 - Inputting (PC)

#50 - IZLAGS (PC)

#51 - spiralsky (PC)

#52 - Tyto Ecology (iPad)

oggob

I claimed a post on the first page and this is my first post since... dumping my 2015 log in here now...

OVERALL STATUS
2014 : 28 Complete
2015 : 24 Complete
2016 : 00 Complete, 41 In Progress

2014 COMPLETIONS
Completion #01 : Game #01 : PixelJunk Shooter 2 (PS3 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 90%)
Completion #02 : Game #02 : Contrast (PS4 | ~4hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #03 : Game #04 : WRC 3 (Vita | ~12hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #04 : Game #08 : Doki Doki Universe (Vita/PS3 | ~11hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #05 : Game #09 : Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward (Vita | 40hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #06 : Game #10 : Doki Doki Universe (PS4 | ~11hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #07 : Game #11 : Stick It To The Man (Vita | ~7hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #08 : Game #13 : Kung Fu Rabbit (Vita | ~6 hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #09 : Game #14 : Stick It To The Man (PS3 | ~6hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #10 : Game #15 : Danganronpa : Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita | 46hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #11 : Game #26 : Stick It To The Man (PS4 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #12 : Game #20 : Hatsune Miku : Project Diva f (Vita | ~75hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #13 : Game #29 : God Of War (Vita | ~13hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #14 : Game #30 : God Of War II (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #15 : Game #23 : MotoGP 13 (Vita | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #16 : Game #07 : Jetpack Joyride (Vita | ~204hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #17 : Game #31 : God Of War II (PS3 | ~17hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #18 : Game #32 : PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4/Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #19 : Game #33 : Flower (PS4 | ~8hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #20 : Game #34 : Flower (Vita | ~8hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #21 : Game #35 : Ratchet & Clank (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #22 : Game #36 : Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4 | ~12hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #23 : Game #25 : Octodad : Dadiest Catch (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #24 : Game #37 : Ratchet & Clank 2 : Going Commando (Vita | ~19hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #25 : Game #40 : Ratchet & Clank 3 : Up Your Arsenal (Vita | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #26 : Game #03 : Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita | ~37hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #27 : Game #47 : Danganronpa 2 : Goodbye Despair (Vita | ~66hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #28 : Game #46 : Velocity 2X (Vita | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%)

2015 COMPLETIONS
Completion #01 : Game #52 : PlayStation Home (PS3 | 50 Days | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #02 : Game #27 : F1 Race Stars (PS3 | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #03 : Game #53 : Sound Shapes (Vita | ~1hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #04 : Game #54 : Sound Shapes (PS4 | ~10mins | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #05 : Game #55 : Sound Shapes (PS3 | ~10mins | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #06 : Game #17 : Smart As... (Vita | ~30hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #07 : Game #45 : Let's Fish! Hooked On (Vita | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #08 : Game #39 : Ratchet & Clank 2 : Going Commando (PS3 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #09 : Game #57 : Ratchet & Clank 3 : Up Your Arsenal (PS3 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #10 : Game #58 : Farming Simulator 14 (Vita | ~40hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #11 : Game #59 : Ratchet : Gladiator/Deadlocked (PS3 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #12 : Game #60 : LEGO Batman 2 : DC Super Heroes (Vita | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #13 : Game #61 : The Order : 1886 (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #14 : Game #64 : South Park : The Stick Of Truth (PS3 | 25hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #15 : Game #67 : Hatsune Miku : Project DIVA F 2nd (Vita | ~75hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #16 : Game #68 : inFAMOUS : First Light (PS4 | ~12hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #17 : Game #18 : Infamous : Second Son (PS4 | ~22hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #18 : Game #69 : Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Vita | ~40hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #19 : Game #70 : Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! (Vita | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #20 : Game #73 : Nekoburo: Cats Block (Vita | ~7hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #21 : Game #78 : Rocket League (PS4 | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #22 : Game #79 : Xeodrifter (Vita | ~5hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #23 : Game #85 : PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #24 : Game #90 : Rugby World Cup 2015 (Vita | ~7hrs | Trophies - 100%)

IN PROGRESS

Game #05 : Everybody's Golf (PS3 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 21%)
Completed Stage 1, so that is for me, defeating the first final challenger, this has opened up the real final challenger, but currently leveling golfers to max and trying to crown all the challenge requirements. No doubt this will be fully completed but will be still far off 100% the game trying to get a Hole In One or Albatross, not to mention all the Rising, Homing and Spiral shots.

Game #06 : Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (Vita | ~51hrs | Trophies - 90%)
The Road to 100% Completion, so you can't really "complete" the game, this will be a track of obtaining the final trophy (Play For 100hrs), estimates put my time total at approximately 35hrs at the beginning of 2014.

Game #12 : Rayman Legends (Vita | ~60 Days | Trophies - 82%)
The game was completed last year, with only 3 trophies remaining in the game.
+ Win a diamond cup at the end of a Challenge (Completed - 19th Feb)
+ Reach the final level of Awesomeness (In Progress)
+ Gather 1 million Lums to unlock the final Hero (In Progress)

Game #16 : Luftrauser (Vita | ~7hrs | Trophies - 76%)
Bought this on a whim after all the comments the Luftrausers / PSN thread... game is like crack, one of the best quick go / just one more game games available. Completely suck at it, but still having some fun.

Game #19 : Stealth Inc : A Clone In The Dark (PS4 | ~4hrs | 15%)
2nd run through, 100% completed the Vita/PS3 version last year and have started this again... having been a while between drinks, there were some rooms in Sequence 1 that confused me once again... game is still awesome!

Game #21 : FEZ (Vita/PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 57%)
First time playing, need a big break from the game as I was starting to lose it with learning the Alphabet and Number system. I did spoil one puzzle for myself, which I would have never have worked out in a million years, other than that... still going strong but need to dive back in.

Game #22 : Mercenary Kings (PS4 | <1hr | Trophies - 0%)
Heard this might be Vita bound also, retroactive CrossBuy, so will be waiting to see if that comes about as I think I would much prefer this game on the handheld.

Game #24 : Trials Fusion (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 10%)
First ever Trials game for me, where I can see the appeal of the game, but I have too much on at the moment to really get stuck into it.

Game #28 : MotorStorm Apocalypse (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 12%)
Recently got a 3D TV and wanted to try something out, this was something that was just there and so I started it... HA!

Game #38 : New'n'Tasty : Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 48%)
Currently at the Zulag 2, the new style looks amazing, but there are certainly some control 'issues' to get used to, but recent patches make the game control more like the original which I am happy about.

Game #41 : Surgeon Simulator (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 5%)
Not taking this seriously, this is more about stuffing around if and when I feel like it.

Game #42 : Pix The Cat (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 4%)
Game is pretty tough, have enjoyed what I have played of it, but need to work on my runs.

Game #43 : Pix The Cat (Vita | ~3hrs | Trophies - 4%)
Game is pretty tough, have enjoyed what I have played of it, but need to work on my runs.

Game #44 : Driveclub (PS4 | ~13hrs | Trophies - 7%)
Connection issues aside, game looks and plays fantastic, nice to come back and try and improve times and get all stars.

Game #48 : The Playroom (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 18%)
Was just messing around with this to see if the kids like the robots, will return to clean up one day.

Game #49 : Peggle 2 (PS4 | ~8hrs | Trophies - 21%)
I don't know why I bought this, I like the game but yeah I don't know... will be another on and off game over time.

Game #50 : Grand Theft Auto V (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 8%)
Just started, looks great and 1st Person mode kinda makes it a whole new game.

Game #51 : Resogun (Vita | ~1hrs | Trophies - 10%)
Booted this up to see how it ran, reasonable... but haven't dug into it.

Game #56 : Helldivers (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 4%)
Wanted to really get into this, but had some holiday time and went away, upon returning haven't picked it up again.

Game #62 : Hatsune Miku : Project DIVA F (PS3 | <1hrs | Trophies - 0%)
Fired this up to see how it ran on the PS3, in the end I didn't but I haven't gone on to continue playing the console version at this stage.

Game #63 : Shovel Knight (Vita | 10hrs | Trophies - 34%)
Campaign complete, haven't gone back for the DLC update, nor started the Speed or 1cc runs.

Game #65 : Ratchet & Clank : Into The Nexus (PS3 | <2hrs | Trophies - 1%)
This was to be the continuation of all the Ratchet & Clank games, but it hasn't taken off yet.

Game #66 : Super Stardust Ultra (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 88%)
Still just as good on the PS4...

Game #71 : The Walking Dead : Season 2 (Vita | 10mins | Trophies - 0%)
It was planned to be played, but I couldn't get my save game recognised, so the run has been abanonded for now.

Game #72 : Journey (PS4 | ~4hrs | Trophies - 47%)
Still as beautiful as ever.

Game #74 : Flame Over (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 60%)
This one certainly doesn't hold your hand, tough as nails, with some good luck required for some of the single run trophies.

Game #75 : Hatoful Boyfriend (Vita | ~7hrs | Trophies - 31%)
Why? Just Why? lol Need to go back for all the endings.

Game #76 : Super Time Force Ultra (Vita | ~5hrs | Trophies - 10%)
This game gets really confusing fast, still seems fun to play at times.

Game #77 : Rayman Legends (PS4 | ~20hrs | Trophies - 65%)
Despite not finishing the Vita version to 100% Trophies, I started the PS4 version up, kinda in a similar position with this one now, need to find the effort to keep logging in for challenges, but the Top 10 places are really deflate the want to.

Game #80 : Tearaway Unfolded (PS4 | <2hrs | Trophies - 1%)
Started it up to show the kids, but they were only 2 years old, so they weren't interested in watching me play it, will go back eventually.

Game #81 : Danganronpa Another Episode : Ultra Despair Girls (Vita | ~30hrs | Trophies - 44%)
Mechanically the game works, it not great with aiming and things like that. Whilst there are connections to the other games, the game still doesn't "need" to exist, but I'm still happy that it does, the collectables are a complete chore though and has stopped me from getting 100% at the moment.

Game #82 : Uncharted : Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4 | ~12hrs | Trophies - 29%)
The worst Uncharted compared to all the others, but it was the first attempt from Naughty Dog to do something more serious, there are design choices that were questionable nowdays, but they learnt from the feedback. The jump in quality from Uncharted to Uncharted 2 is what gives me hope that The Order : 1886 will have it's own chance.

Game #83 : Rock Band 4 (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 4%)
Waiting for export packs to become available to really give this a shake.

Game #84 : WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship (Vita | <3hrs | Trophies - 11%)
Less than 3hrs of game time supposedly, I'm trying to get the Online trophies first before hitting up the single player stuff.
Seems to be better than WRC 3, but still more or less the same.

Game #86 : PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 42%)
Return to the party, looking to obtain the rest of the online trophies, then delete it off the hard drive.

Game #87 : LEGO Dimension (PS4 | <2hrs | Trophies - 2%)
Expensive game, very expensive, looking to get the kids involved in this one, but need to find the right time.

Game #88 : Gauntlet (PS4 | <2hrs | Trophies - 0%)
Gave it a whirl, this is something that I would like to continue, but there seems to be a big grind factor, see how it goes.

Game #89 : Worms Revolution Extreme (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 74%)
Mainly online trophies to mop up, but this was sitting on the Vita for so long and it felt like the right time to play it.

Game #91 : The Escapists (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 3%)
Bought in the sale, but this game throws you into the deep end with a crafting system that needs an exercise book of notes on how to make certain things, need to read up on this more before heading back to jail.

Game #92 : Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita | ~14hrs | Trophies - 47%)
Game on Hard is fucking hard, mainly because the number of 'misses' seems rather low before failing, yet before that 99% of the track could be Perfect. Seems a touch unbalanced, anyway... enjoying this quite alot still, and the characters have been interesting enough to make me actually consider getting Persona 4 Golden.

Game #93 : Tales From The Borderlands (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 50%)
Just about halfway through, loving this so far, should have played this earlier.

I tried to finish cold steel before the year ended but oh well

2015 -

January
1. YU-NO
2. Infamous first light
3. Ayesha plus - Platinum GET
4. Resident evil remaster - Platinum GET
5. Dying light
6. Life is strange

February
7. Neptunia rebirth 2 - true end
8. Game of thrones