• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

57% of Gran Turismo 7's sales were digital last week in Uk

Three

Xbox to PS ratio shortened?

W1: 41:29 (1.414:1)
W2: 42:32 (1.3125:1)

Will do the cumulative ratio now

Week 1
PS - 41
Xbox - 29 (1.414:1)
PC - 30
Week 1+2
PS - 41.38
Xbox - 30.14 (1.3729:1)
PC - 28.48
Reksveks your maths is normally quite good but you can't get a cumulative ratio like this.

reksveks

Reksveks your maths is normally quite good but you can't get a cumulative ratio like this.
We know the difference between 1 and 2 but yeah, did the maths incorrectly the first time. Have fixed it, stupidly used 61% instead of 39% for week 2.

ee5WXxy.png

Last edited:

SSfox

Never happening.
I would normally say it could happen if Hermen and Jimbo didn't assassinate Japan Studio, but as it is right now while it's "never say never", but it's less likely to happen.

That being said i hope Sony will announce something exciting, cause after GT7 and Ragnarok they have nothing i'm excited for personally, i don't care about the Marvel games, and rumours are saying they have a bunch of other boring stuffs in the work like that Twisted metal nobody asked for ect.

Though i'm excited about SSM Cory Balrog next project, but they need more, a lot more to show.

kingfey

Banned
I would normally say it could happen if Hermen and Jimbo didn't assassinate Japan Studio, but as it is right now while it's "never say never", but it's less likely to happen.

That being said i hope Sony will announce something exciting, cause after GT7 and Ragnarok they have nothing i'm excited for personally, i don't care about the Marvel games, and rumours are saying they have a bunch of other boring stuffs in the work like that Twisted metal nobody asked for ect.

Though i'm excited about SSM Cory Balrog next project, but they need more, a lot more to show.
With current economic, and how successful PC and Xbox market is, I doubt Sony could afford to pay for those exclusives.

MS spent $76b buying studios. Publishers won't exclude xbox anymore. They want some of those money.

Only way fromsoft can make exclusives to Sony now, is Bloodborne type of games. Or if they bought them completely.

Three

With current economic, and how successful PC and Xbox market is, I doubt Sony could afford to pay for those exclusives.
You're likely in for a big surprise then.

Only way fromsoft can make exclusives to Sony now, is Bloodborne type of games. Or if they bought them completely.

Oh, what exactly are you talking about otherwise? Making multiplatform Dark souls exclusive or something? I don't get what you're trying to say.

Dolodolo

It's more likely now than before.
Miyazaki has just proven that Souls games are no longer a niche and are making a lot of money.
I think that Sony itself sensed a certain financial appetite, at least based on sales of Demon Souls only on PS5, where an average of one and a half million copies were sold for a price of $ 60, with relatively low development and marketing costs.
Quite wait for the remaster (remake) of Bloodbourne, coming out first on PS5, or immediately on PS5 / PC
The same with a new IP, or a possible sequel from From Software

Last edited:
It's more likely now than before.
Miyazaki has just proven that Souls games are no longer a niche and are making a lot of money.
I think that Sony itself sensed a certain financial appetite, at least based on sales of Demon Souls only on PS5, where an average of one and a half million copies were sold for a price of $ 60, with relatively low development and marketing costs.
Quite wait for the remaster (remake) of Bloodbourne, coming out first on PS5, or immediately on PS5 / PC
The same with a new IP, or a possible sequel from From Software
Both Demons Souls and a potential Bloodborne remake have nothing to do with Miyazaki tbh. There are even rumors that Bloodborne 2 is being made by Bluepoint. This wouldn't be the case if Sony and Miyazaki were planning on doing something exclusive together.

Dolodolo

Both Demons Souls and a potential Bloodborne remake have nothing to do with Miyazaki tbh. There are even rumors that Bloodborne 2 is being made by Bluepoint. This wouldn't be the case if Sony and Miyazaki were planning on doing something exclusive together.
I have already told you personally, right here, that the rumor about the new IP for Sony from From Software comes primarily from Speshial Nick. He talked about it at length on his podcast. And he tweeted several times. His track record is about 50/50, so we'll see. It is strange that you do not believe the same Xbox fan as you :)

kingfey

Banned
You're likely in for a big surprise then.

Oh, what exactly are you talking about otherwise? Making multiplatform Dark souls exclusive or something? I don't get what you're trying to say.
Timed exclusives. Or any of fromsoft IPs.

For example, elden ring 2 would not be exclusives to PS.

Bloodborne was Sony IP. They could hire fromsoft to do games like those, as long as Sony owns the iP.

Plantoid

I have already told you personally, right here, that the rumor about the new IP for Sony from From Software comes primarily from Speshial Nick. He talked about it at length on his podcast. And he tweeted several times. His track record is about 50/50, so we'll see. It is strange that you do not believe the same Xbox fan as you :)
My track record is 50/50.. anyone here guessing ramdonly would be at 50/50

I'm not saying from would never make another exclusive, it's actually possible, I'm just saying, don't trust what this guy says...

Top Bottom