• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

69th Primetime Emmys | Hosted by Stephen Colbert | Sept. 17 8e/5p

Luigi87

John Lithgow is the man and I will hear nothing contradicting that.

dick+solomon.gif

jett

D-Member
John Lithgow will always be Alien Dad from 3rd Rock from the Sun to me.

He was good in The Crown, but Jeffrey Wright blew me away.

Are they not separating out the genres this year? I thought they did all comedy first (except Best Comedy) and then saved all the Drama awards for the end.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Saw that one coming, people loved Lithgow in The Crown. I wonder if this will mess up Oldman's Oscar chances, hard to avoid comparing two Churchill performances in the same year. We'll see, people have been raving about him too.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I need a Trump tweet about Spicer like I need oxygen.

Of course, he could probably just claim to not even remember him.

well-deserved, I love him in The Crown. I watch Westworld, Better Call Saul and Homeland. All great nominees, but Lithgow had the best performance

AlexBasch

John Lithgow will always be Alien Dad from 3rd Rock from the Sun.

He was good in The Crown, but Jeffrey Wright blew me away.
I watched 3rd Rock before Ricochet and Cliffhanger in TV. That sitcom was the first time I had ever seen John Litgow. Imagine my shock after seeing those movies.

The announcer sounds like Jon Batiste, the band leader from the Late Show. I will agree that he's not doing a great job.

ETA: Now that you guys mentioned it, It now does kind of sound like a woman. So I'm not doing a good job tonight either.

Top Bottom