• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6th Generation Camaro revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

billeh

There are people that will criticize this, but go on about how the new Mustang is god's gift .. I think they both look very meh.

FunBoy

How about a car with some soul....

hIfyIbM.jpg

No Love

Banned
I see how you earned your tag :)

Nah, I'm just too classy and savvy to ever waste my time with a Camaro. Only the '60s and' 70s Camaros are worth fucking with.

There'a only one Chevy worth worshipping, and it ain't the Camaro that's for damn sure. Only the Vette is worthy of that.

And the Cobalt SS LOL

DOWN

Banned
How does Chevy get the paint to look so cheap?

Both Mustang and Camaro stepped away from muscle looks, but at least Mustang ripped off of former Ford brand Jaguar instead of adopting dated softness.

Is it just me or the rear is baffling design ? nothing goes together. Its like the light /rear hood section was added on top of the top of the bumper that was designed by someone else and added on top of the diffuser designed by a third person.

Nothing matches, from the side of from the back end, the rear is just a mess. And why god what are these big ass bumper on the side rear ? Wasn't it big enough ?

Laieon

Is it just me or the rear is baffling design ? nothing goes together. Its like the light /rear hood section was added on top of the top of the bumper that was designed by someone else and added on top of the diffuser designed by a third person.

Nothing matches, from the side of from the back end, the rear is just a mess. And why god what are these big ass bumper on the side rear ? Wasn't it big enough ?

Are looking at the same car? It looks fantastic.

ascii42

Yeah, I don't get it either.

"With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation’s track-focused Camaro 1LE package."

This is pretty impressive. Means the track focused models will be beasts.

Pretty much. It's like they didn't want to stop designing this car. Maybe they were having too much fun.

I would still buy this car(used) for the great interior and performance though.

I like the rear quarter window but it doesn't fit the other angles and looks like the new Mustang's. Everything else is as awful and lazy as the last one and I wish people would stop doing barn sided retro homages and actually design something new.

A new Camaro should be a BRZ with a big engine. Screw this fat old guy bullshit. It's like a multigenerational dadmobile.

Preach the truth!

I'll stick with my WRX. I owned American muscle up until a few years ago when I sold my Trans Am. The only muscle car to even make me think about it for a split second is the new Mustang but then I am happy with my AWD hatch backs.

purg3

slept with Malkin
It looks okay. I think there is too much going on with the front though, especially when viewed from the side.

AJLma

Too rounded and bulky. This type of look is starting to get goofy for sports cars.

Interior is nice though.

Clockwork

Preach the truth!

I'll stick with my WRX. I owned American muscle up until a few years ago when I sold my Trans Am. The only muscle car to even make me think about it for a split second is the new Mustang but then I am happy with my AWD hatch backs.

I had an 06 STI, bought an 07 350z, then traded it in for a 2013 WRX.

3 weeks ago I traded that in and picked up a 2015 Mustang GT Premium.

So far I am loving it.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
It's too similar to the previous Camaro. Too big, too boxy, too ugly. Not impressed. As far as American muscle goes, Mustang > Camaro.

TrounceX

It's too similar to the previous Camaro. Too big, too boxy, too ugly. Not impressed. As far as American muscle goes, Mustang > Camaro.

I don't think it looks big and boxy at all.... Are we looking at the same car? The previous gen mustang and camaros, yes, absolutely too boxy and dated looking. This looks very sleek and aerodynamic, almost european in the styling. I love it.

The 2.0t is almost guaranteed to be a beast too. GM makes a mean turbo 4. It will almost certainly outperform the ecoboost mustang.

Indeed it is.

Sweet. I've been wanting to get a muscle car as my next car. Problem is I live in a co op complex and only really have one parking spot. NY winters are just not good for rear wheel pony cars so I'd want a "winter" car also. There is a guy a block down that has a nice black new gen GT. At first when I saw this new gen of Mustang I didn't like it at all, but it definitely grew on me, and it seems to look more aggressive and beautiful in person imo.

I had an 06 STI, bought an 07 350z, then traded it in for a 2013 WRX.

3 weeks ago I traded that in and picked up a 2015 Mustang GT Premium.

So far I am loving it.

I sold my Trans Am in 2011 for a 2011 wrx. Ended up trading that 11 wrx for a 13 just to be in a wrb wrx. My wife had a 2013 WRX also but we needed a suv for the kids. So now we have the forester xt. She has been eyeing up the new Mustang GT. They are much better looking now a days.

What, you don't like the toilet seat spoiler?

Flat deck spoiler bro.

I find it refreshing and the car doesn't need to slap you with COOL. The Firebirds in the 90s were too far that direction.

Every other lame-o car was trying to pep it up as 'sporty' with a spoiler wing something.

Looks exactly the same as the current one. Kind of a bummer.

I test drove one a few years ago and I felt completely blind. You can't see shit out of those tiny windows.

Anion

Yeah I would actually drive that to be honest. It looks good and this is coming from a dude who strongly dislikes muscle cars...finally they are starting to look good. This and the new Mustang might start changing my opinions on the visuals of muscle cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom