• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6th Generation Camaro revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is by far the worst gen. If you cut off the front and rear overhangs and welded them together, you'd have yourself an entire midsize car. Horrendous.

Style is subjective. It had the best engine at the time. LS1. It was also pretty reliable. I had mine for 10 years and I only had to replace the water pump and power steering pump. Before that I had a 87 GTA Trans Am and that thing was beautiful but absolute crap design of the engine and reliability aspects.

IMG_1895.jpg

BasicMath

Side view looks extremely similar to the current models.
And with the 14-15 refresh to the 5th gen still fresh in my mind, the changes to the front and rear of it aren't that impressive.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the exterior design of the 6th gen looks more like a second refresh of the 5th gen. And that's far from a good thing considering that the design has been carried over for a decade or so. I doubt GM even realizes that.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I don't think it looks big and boxy at all.... Are we looking at the same car? The previous gen mustang and camaros, yes, absolutely too boxy and dated looking. This looks very sleek and aerodynamic, almost european in the styling. I love it.

The 2.0t is almost guaranteed to be a beast too. GM makes a mean turbo 4. It will almost certainly outperform the ecoboost mustang.

The car definitely has a boxy silhouette. In fact, it looks almost the same as the old one.

That is by far the worst gen. If you cut off the front and rear overhangs and welded them together, you'd have yourself an entire midsize car. Horrendous.

You don't hang that chunky bumper reinforcement on the front and back it's a missile of death. Really they had no choice. Big engine is crammed in and a spot in the back of the hatch is needed for the T-Top glass panels.

bengraven

Under the hood and the interior look hot, but the outside looks like every other non-family car out there.

Fucking come back to me, unique car design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom