• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

70% of Call of Duty: Vanguard's UK launch physical sales were on PlayStation platforms

SLB1904

Banned

FDwLI8cWQAQOUj4

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yes we did it guys! We won! I dont know about you, but this is a major win for me personally. Im so happy my favorite brand has the most physical copies sold, i will cry less at night now. Hopefully this puts xbox out of buisiness, and the green rats will have no where to hide

In case it wan’t obvious…/s

kingfey

Banned
Its funny that we are bringing this useless thread, when there is a big game is getting released on xbox today.

I will say this for last time. physical games % sales are useless. Unless you have actual data numbers, those % means shit.

Also, how the hell did ps5, surpass ps4? especialy ps5 having ps5DE. This proves that those numbers are shit.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Also there is an offer on the dash for 6000 points when purchased digitally, combine this with getting your key from CDkeys and it's a lot cheaper than retail.
Yep, got that. I love that microsoft does that. Though its baffling, i bought the premium edition of forza horizon 5 but bc i pre ordered it too early im not elligible for the 5,000 points. Plus you have to rent or buy a racing movie too? Like mother fucker, i just spent 100 bucks on your game, throw me a bone

ethomaz

Banned
how many copies ? not a lots i suppose
~100k

They will never show actual copies sold. Just percentage. UK physical chart serves no purpose apart from PS fanboys using it to start console wars with Xbox fanboys.
The percents is what we need to get the actual units.

Cold War was ~130k at retail.
So this one is ~100k.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
As I refunded battlefield and riders republic (stupid game wouldn't work) I ended up buying this digitally on Xbox to tide me over till halo lands, as I quite fancied another multiplayer game, I'm burnt out on gears 5 now, loved that game though, but after 67+ days playtime, I need a new multiplayer game.

SLB1904

Banned
As I refunded battlefield and riders republic (stupid game wouldn't work) I ended up buying this digitally on Xbox to tide me over till halo lands, as I quite fancied another multiplayer game, I'm burnt out on gears 5 now, loved that game though, but after 67+ days playtime, I need a new multiplayer game.
ill get BF next month. getting that game at launch is never good idea, i enjoyed the beta btw

ethomaz

Banned
Vanguard
- 41% PS5,
- 29% PS4
- 19 % Xbox One
- 11% Xbox Series X/S

Black Ops
- 17% PS5
- 39% PS4
- 34% Xbox One
- 9% Xbox Series X/S
If that helps to make the units maths.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
Retail: ~362.000
Digital: ~314.000
Total: ~676.000

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Retail: ~130.000
-- PS4: ~51.200
-- XBO: ~44.700
-- PS5: ~22.300
-- XBS: ~11.800
Digital: ~436.000
-- XBO+XBS: ~240.000
-- PS4: ~196.000
Total: ~566.000

Vanguard
Retail: ~100k

anthony2690

Banned
ill get BF next month. getting that game at launch is never good idea, i enjoyed the beta btw
I sadly couldn't get into it, I was mad excited for it.
I'll try the early ea access out, maybe it will convince me to give it another go, but even then I will probably talk myself out of it with halo out two weeks later.

SLB1904

Banned
I sadly couldn't get into it, I was mad excited for it.
I'll try the early ea access out, maybe it will convince me to give it another go, but even then I will probably talk myself out of it with halo out two weeks later.
there are lots of problems with the beta. but the core gameplay is fun, at least more engaging. so would assume it will be good next year

reksveks

If that helps to make the units maths.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
Retail: ~362.000
Digital: ~314.000
Total: ~676.000

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Retail: ~130.000
-- PS4: ~51.200
-- XBO: ~44.700
-- PS5: ~22.300
-- XBS: ~11.800
Digital: ~436.000
-- XBO+XBS: ~240.000
-- PS4: ~196.000
Total: ~566.000

Vanguard
Retail: ~100k
Cheers, those black ops cold war numbers are pretty interesting.

in those numbers, Xbox digital sales covers the physical sales gap.

Thanks R reksveks Put in this context the data can actually interesting as a trend. As similar a game you can get, a year apart to see how physical sales have moved.
If Ubisoft had a yearly franchise, i would find it interesting cause they give rev splits per platform holders still but yeah this is still interesting to see how the UK physical market is shifting.

anthony2690

Banned
there are lots of problems with the beta. but the core gameplay is fun, at least more engaging. so would assume it will be good next year
Yeah hopefully, maybe next year would be a better time to jump in, I had this really annoying flickering on series X on a certain part of the map.

ethomaz

Banned
Cheers, those black ops cold war numbers are pretty interesting.

in those numbers, Xbox digital sales covers the physical sales gap.
Yeap... Xbox combined had ~28k sales more than PS combined at launch for Cold War.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I had this really annoying flickering on series X on a certain part of the map.
i got that and random flashbang light blinding me for a min or so lol too glitchy i gave a pass because it was beta and all but if releases like that? oh boy!

Last edited:

reksveks

Xbox Series S has no disc drive.
Over 50% of all Series consoles sold in the UK are Series S

For the PS5 digital edition, that share is around 15%
just wondering about the source of those percentages?

I just looked at the amazon review counts for each console and it does look about those numbers: more series s reviews and x and about a 4:! ratio for the ps5 disc edition.

Xbox Series S has no disc drive.
Over 50% of all Series consoles sold in the UK are Series S

For the PS5 digital edition, that share is around 15%
This doesn't entirely explain the sales gap though. The PS5 disc to XSX ratio is somewhere around 2.5:1. But COD sales are 4:1.

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:
Top Bottom