• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 4/06/2012: KICKSTART MY HEART

bYNbs.jpg

We offer the following rewards to people who help listen to our podcast: PLEDGE 20 MINUTES OR MORE: Talk about creating characters in Phantasy Star Online 2, more Kid Icarus and Lumines, and the WiiU’s (supposed) capabilities 40 MINUTES: Kickstarter game projects, good and bad 60 MINUTES: Notch’s ambitious sci-fi crazy-name game, 0x10c 70 MINUTES: Sega’s money problems and retro re-releases, Vita updates, and bronze-colored finger puppets of the cast.* (*Actually, no.)

Time – Topic Discussed:
7:05 – Kid Icarus: Uprising, Lumines: Electronic Symphony Final Thoughts
20:00 – PSO2 Character Creator
23:42 – Dairy Queen
27:26 – News: Kickstarters, 0x10c, Double Dragon: Neon, Vita Update, Ryan Payton’s New Game, Killer is Dead, Pax East
1:48:00 – Closing Comments

Direct Download

iTunes

RSS feed

8-4 Play Twitter

8-4 Play Facebook

Kyoufu

I hope whatever is brewing in Monster Hunter land is the western release of MH3G. My body is ready and waiting.

Huff

Banned
John hinted about saying something secret they were involved in last week, does he say what it is?

zroid

Banned
and 1up continues its unfortunate descent into irrelevancy.

Even so, keep being awesome, Jeremy Parish.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Great episode, really funny and good to see Mark back :). I take all the OMGPOP "hate" a bit personally, cause I worked there and being treated like a 3rd class game industry citizen by the 8-4 crew is kinda shitty, but I understand its in jest.

Re: Draw Something. That was game that had been done about a year and a half ago on Facebook, but it obviously was not very popular until the UI got redone and rethought for iPhone. The game is not very feature complete, sure, but it has a catchy name and it does the social stuff well, which is what the casual consumer looks for the most, not a feature list like the hardcore do.

Great eps!

I'm a bit bummed that this podcast is pretty much turning into just another 'western gaming podcast' but set in japan.

Talk a bit more about... japan stuff?

idk... I got too many podcasts already that regurgitate the week's news and what not ;/

Still... personality and chemistry is good. Hirako is back to being background noise T_T

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Love the title...and the song!

Will download and listen tonight. Glad to see Mark is back.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm glad they're not being hosted by 1Up, just cause their RSS feeds (1up's own podcasts) are dumb and don't list every episode. like, wtf.

If I had to guess them partnering with someone, it would be Giant Bomb. Patrick has talked about 8-4 Play on the Bombcast and the 8-4 guys have mentioned GB a lot in past episodes.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Does anybody else have KICKSTART MY HEEEAAARRRTT! Stuck on their head now? Thanks guys :|

"...and bronze-colored finger puppets of the cast.* (*Actually, no.) "

Complete bullshit that they're not offering these.

And hooray for a new podcast!

Top Bottom