• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 4/06/2012: KICKSTART MY HEART

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I liked the episode, however:

Mark MacDonald, you dissed Super Hang-On. What the fuck. If you were hating on the shitty Genesis version, that's fine, but we're getting the arcade version of Super Hang-On on XBLA, and it is one of Sega's best racing games. It's better than Outrun, even. I am outraged.

Actually, I'm not really outraged. But Super-Hang on is seriously an awesome game, and I feel like it's my duty to defend it.

Also, I very much enjoyed the Dairy Queen talk. I'm going to go get a Butterfinger Blizzard now.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
When's the last time they ever really went into japan or japanese games?

Time – Topic Discussed:
7:05 – Kid Icarus: Uprising, Lumines: Electronic Symphony Final Thoughts
20:00 – PSO2 Character Creator
23:42 – Dairy Queen
27:26 – News: Kickstarters, 0x10c, Double Dragon: Neon, Vita Update, Ryan Payton’s New Game, Killer is Dead, Pax East
1:48:00 – Closing Comments

I think that's the last time ;)

tino

Banned
Why the heck do they need a podcast host? Feedburner only cost you a few bucks a year.

Just post the feed URL on 8-4.jp.

LiK

When's the last time they ever really went into japan or japanese games?

Topic Discussed:
7:05 – Kid Icarus: Uprising, Lumines: Electronic Symphony Final Thoughts
20:00 – PSO2 Character Creator
23:42 – Dairy Queen
27:26 – News: Kickstarters, 0x10c, Double Dragon: Neon, Vita Update, Ryan Payton’s New Game, Killer is Dead, Pax East
1:48:00 – Closing Comments

Bolded are all Japanese games.

I don't see why 8-4 play needs to join any other network. Geekbox+Crew would be good. Something small. Not that it will change the tone of the podcast; they can do whatever the fuck they want. :)

my favourite podcast ATM

Um, so what JRPG were they talking about on Kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1272149684/class-of-heroes-2-deluxe-for-the-psp-system

John tv + Co inferred that they're asking too much for this. At the very base price too.

Pledge $59 or more
363 Backers • Limited Reward (3637 of 4000 remaining)

First reward level including the soon-to-be-legendary physical Deluxe Pack of the PSP® system Class of Heroes II game. Includes same as reward level 3, plus the physical Deluxe Pack of the game, and a limited-edition bronze commemorative lapel pin.

this is the ONLY time you'll get a game. There are 3 tiers of "fuck you fools" give me money

THIS IS A SUPPORT TIER AND DOES NOT INCLUDE A GAME OR GAME DOWNLOAD.

note. $20 = nothing. $15 gets you a game with the other kickstarters

Fantastical

Death Prophet
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1272149684/class-of-heroes-2-deluxe-for-the-psp-system

John tv + Co inferred that they're asking too much for this. At the very base price too.

this is the ONLY time you'll get a game. There are 3 tiers of "fuck you fools" give me money

note. $20 = nothing. $15 gets you a game with the other kickstarters

Class of Heroes 2

Yikes. This is why we can't have nice things.

It's because the whole point of that kickstarter is to get a physical copy though.

$60 for a PSP UMD?

I agree with whoever said that kickstarter was a good idea in theory but terrible in execution because of the featured game. I need another loli-filled portable first-person dungeon crawler like I need a hole in the head. Instead, attempt to fund something that would have no chance normally and is unique/cool.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I like skim milk but come on, lets call it what it is. Dirty Water.

2% is where its at anyways, you get the flavor and its not too bad for you.

Curufinwe

$60 for a PSP UMD?

No, $59 for a PSP UMD and a whole bunch of collectors edition extras which they haven't detailed yet, but they did give an example of what people can expect for their money.

http://blog.wirebot.com/2010/02/07/...-the-best-collector’s-edition-we’ll-ever-get/

I have no interest in it personally, but people have paid a lot more for less.

I like skim milk but come on, lets call it what it is. Dirty Water.

2% is where its at anyways, you get the flavor and its not too bad for you.

I don't think I have ever agreed more strongly with a post on GAF.

Dylan

Can I request a 4 minute warning for next episode? I remember in the 1UY days Mark was always super amped to do them.

Massa

I don't get why they're always so incredulous over social apps like Facebook and Twitter being on the Vita, they are expected on any internet connected device these days. People will use them on whatever device they happen to be using at the moment, whether it's a laptop, tablet, phone or handheld.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I feel so stupid. I was listening to this podcast while doing other things and I thought they were talking about Dairy Queen. I need to relisten to this. :p

zroid

Banned
I feel so stupid. I was listening to this podcast while doing other things and I thought they were talking about Dairy Queen. I need to relisten to this. :p

haha that happened to me at first. I was playing Kid Icarus with the volume off and wasnt really paying attention to the podcast too much.

after a few minutes though, it just dawned on me that what they were saying didn't make any sense. so i went back to the start of the DQ discussion and it clicked from the beginning >_>

Top Bottom