• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 6/9/2017: NEW DONK EXPRESS

wAxNokT.png

8-4 Play 6/9/2017: NEW DONK EXPRESS
It’s E3 time again! Join us as we walk through all the major conferences, make some terrible predictions, miss out on numerous big announcements that happened after we recorded (Bubsy? Really?!), and more! #E3HYPETRAIN

Running Time: 2:01:26
・ Direct Download (69.5MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
03:58 – EA
09:50 – Microsoft
20:16 – Bethesda
29:27 – PC Gaming Show
32:50 – Ubisoft
37:50 – Sony
47:28 – Nintendo
48:00 – Arms
1:00:50 – Nintendo (Pt 2)
1:21:40 – Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
1:27:20 – Switch Headset
1:30:59 – News: Seaman, PS4 Sales, Backwards Compatibility, Nintendo Online
1:42:33 – Persona 5
1:51:11 – Closing Comments
1:52:02 – Bonus Secret of Mana Collection talk

mclem

Wait, no MonHun?I thought it'd come up since you just missed it last week.

Or is it just bundled in with the various "Nintendo" bits, even though it's not strictly E3 news?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Wait, no MonHun?I thought it'd come up since you just missed it last week.

Or is it just bundled in with the various "Nintendo" bits, even though it's not strictly E3 news?

We briefly cover it in the Nintendo part.

TheMoon

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the BEST thing about E3 is the 8-4 Play podcast before it.

EVERY.

GOD. DAMN.

YEAR.

CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll need to remember to listen to this before E3. I made that mistake last year and the podcast topics were so dated after a couple of days.

TheMoon

I wish we lived in a world where, while sitting in a job interview, boring lecture, family gathering, you could just get up and shout E3HYPETRAAAAIN and the song would come on and everybody would lose it. Like it's just what you do.

I think that's gonna be a thing. Thinkin' up plans now.

Can you handle this many memes?

Curufinwe

As Roy said, he took about 50 hours longer to beat P5 than average. I took 40 hours less than him and still managed to max out every confidant.

PillarEN

As Roy said, he took about 50 hours longer to beat P5 than average. I took 40 hours less than him and still managed to max out every confidant.

I'm a pretty slow Persona player. Both 3 an 4 took me like 120 hours. Playing it blind though. So no way did I get close to maxing everyone.

Curufinwe

I'm a pretty slow Persona player. Both 3 an 4 took me like 120 hours. Playing it blind though. So no way did I get close to maxing everyone.

It's much easier to do in P5 because of the Affinity boost ability you get at level 7 of Fortune. Without using that every chance I got, I would have ended up with several confidants well below max rank.

That time of the year when I can't listen to 8-4 while running because I laugh way too much at every "hype train" shout.

Somnia

I like how they mention MS should do a Netflix like service or something and someone goes "Well there already is, game pass" and then they act confused and don't understand what it is lol

kbohs

Not sure if I want to listen to this before or after E3. It can be fun seeing how wrong or close predictions are when you already know the results...

nickgia

YES. Fuck the soundboard. It doesn't give the same experience as it being edited in.

Edit: What was with that Nas shade, JJ? Life is Good was a great album.

Soooo they're handling the localization for MHXX on Switch right? They seemed to all be saying "That would make sense" pretty much in unison while not talking about it at all...

Just wild speculation. They have a history with MH right?

georly

E3 HYPE TRAIN.

I got 2 more people to listen to this show this week - sold them on the premise of the e3 hype train episodes. Don't let them down! :p

Top Bottom