• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 6/9/2017: NEW DONK EXPRESS

TheMoon

Soooo they're handling the localization for MHXX on Switch right? They seemed to all be saying "That would make sense" pretty much in unison while not talking about it at all...

Just wild speculation. They have a history with MH right?

MHTri + MH3U + MH4U. Not X (Generations). So doing XX seems unlikely, actually.

JeTmAn81

8-4 E3 PODCAST HYPE TRAIN!!!!!

BTW, I listen to every episode, don't get to depressed if the GAF threads aren't that long.

Apenheul

Great! I'll listen to it tonight!

84bumpgaffeb130ck2y.gif

I just want to point out that Fallout Shelter was most definitely not announced last year. It was announced at the same press conference as Fallout 4, which was released in 2015. Somebody's gotta call Mark on that shit.

EDIT: E3 HYPE TRAIN!!!!

Soooo they're handling the localization for MHXX on Switch right? They seemed to all be saying "That would make sense" pretty much in unison while not talking about it at all...

Just wild speculation. They have a history with MH right?

That was my read as well. They normally dance around things a lot better, but it REALLY sounded like they knew MH:XX was coming West, especially at 1:08:40.

Biggest disappointment in the podcast: No Hype Scooter

Staal

God I love the 8-4 E3 episodes. I started dancing in my kitchen as soon as the hype train tune started.

The Big Show is going to be at the Destiny 2 panel, right? I was yelling in my car at Mark during that funny b-list celeb segment lol

urfe

(I say this all with love)

John doesn't really seem on the pulse of sales. Once learning Pokken sales just to brush it off quickly as "they'll buy anything"? Being surprised with VR sales? I wonder (seriously) if things "in the industry" are viewed differently (industry people all have PS VR, no one played Pokken), as I was agreeing a lot more with Graeme.

The JJ lame jokes were a bit rough, but when they were followed up with Soul Asylum, that was awesome. Hearing what JJs kids think is still one of my fav bits.

Enjoyed listening.

Thoraxes

That was my read as well. They normally dance around things a lot better, but it REALLY sounded like they knew MH:XX was coming West, especially at 1:08:40.

Biggest disappointment in the podcast: No Hype Scooter

IIRC someone mentioned that it has a Friday release date as opposed to a Saturday release in Japan, so people thought it was a given or something.

john tv

(I say this all with love)

John doesn't really seem on the pulse of sales. Once learning Pokken sales just to brush it off quickly as "they'll buy anything"? Being surprised with VR sales? I wonder (seriously) if things "in the industry" are viewed differently (industry people all have PS VR, no one played Pokken), as I was agreeing a lot more with Graeme.
Don't mind me, I'm face deep in work 90% of the year - only pulse I got my finger on is my own to make sure I'm still alive, haha.

(Just kidding...maybe.)

I should've known that - made me feel like I need to stay in top of the news a little better these days. I don't mind losing the bet, tho. Graeme's a hard worker and I love steak so I feel like it's a sort of win-win there. :)

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated! (Seriously, it's delightful that anyone takes their time to listen to us, so we really appreciate it, always.)

daegan

Being surprised with VR sales? I wonder (seriously) if things "in the industry" are viewed differently (industry people all have PS VR, no one played Pokken), as I was agreeing a lot more with Graeme.

w/r/t PS VR, I think it's just the juxtaposition of it being SO sold out in Japan but readily available in the US.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed listening to someone I disagree with about almost everything as much as Sarah. I can't believe she plays Overwatch and gave Roy shit about finishing P5. Also stunned that Roy didn't like the phone conversations - I love the texting because it is super fast to read, I don't feel like I'm losing out by skipping voice because there isn't any, and the relationships between characters get to breathe there.

One of these days I would love an E3 stories episode a la the old Retronauts one from the 1UP days.

jbug617

Banned
great job guys. I agree not a lot of leaks this year other than Ubisoft so maybe everyone is doing a good job of keeping quiet or there is nothing to leak.

I just worked an 18 hour day building a sound booth for my work, and this podcast was a godsend. I've been listening since episode one, and E3 Hype Train episodes are my favorites. But just specifically the tone, and personality the podcast has, feels super sincere and fun. The 8-4 family is a really good group, and I'm glad to have had the chance to listen to you guys through the years. Looking forward to many more!

TOOT TOOT

Edit: Also I didn't post in the previous episodes thread, but the Treehouse chat was a real treat to listen to. I'd love to hear more like that!

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing JJ episode. I'm ready for E3 now.

Edit: Also I didn't post in the previous episodes thread, but the Treehouse chat was a real treat to listen to. I'd love to hear more like that!
Yeah, that was absolutely great.

Great! I'll listen to it tonight!

84bumpgaffeb130ck2y.gif

HYPE TRAIN ! TOETER TOETER SCOOTER Sorry JJ and Mark for making that GIF ;)

Hoping for some interesting Japanese announcements at E3, although I'll remain sceptical for now (Still sad that Rap Rabbit is probably not going to get funded).

Would be a shame if only early 2017 would have great Japanese titles and not Q3/Q4 (although Nintendo is a given for quality with Mario, but I'm hoping to see more from other devs. Hopefully Andrew House's tease gives hope).

PillarEN

That's gaming podcasts in general. Most of the time they lack the general knowledge you would pick up just browsing GAF. I give 8-4 more of a break on that cause they are very busy and not in the games media.

The Beastcast had no idea about PSVR sales today even though Sony just talked about them in published interviews like this one that were well publicized.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/?source=dam

I'm honestly clueless about sales in general. Even though I'm on top of various media hobbies I enjoy, I can't think of the last time I looked at sales/box office. I'm more along the lines of "did it bomb or not?"

Codeblue

One thing I've always respected about 8-4 is their willingness to experiment, but also to admit when something didn't work out and they were wrong. To listen to their fans, and handle criticism with grace and integrity.

Thank you for ditching the sound board and going back to having an intern insert the Hype Train samples.

TheMoon

One thing I've always respected about 8-4 is their willingness to experiment, but also to admit when something didn't work out and they were wrong. To listen to their fans, and handle criticism with grace and integrity.

Thank you for ditching the sound board and going back to having an intern insert the Hype Train samples.

poor JJ :D

PillarEN

"next week" is not 3 days from now :D

you know 8-4 Play posts every two weeks, right?

I find people use next ____ to sometimes mean the actual following week or just simply the next time day x comes on the calendar. I know it's bi-weekly, but I didn't remember if exceptions were made in this case.

Top Bottom