• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 8/4/2017: THIS DRACULA HUGS

rPgI1mf.png

8-4 Play 8/4/2017: THIS DRACULA HUGS
Dragon Quest XI, Pyre, Kingsway, Kingdoms and Castles, Monster Hunter XX demo, Dragon Quest XI sales, Pokemon Go updates, and more!

Running Time: 1:44:01
・ Direct Download (59.6MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
9:43 – Dragon Quest XI
50:29 – Kingsway
52:43 – Kingdoms and Castles
55:37 – Pyre
1:09:00 – News: DQXI Sales, Monster Hunter XX demo, Persona announcements, Doomguy
1:18:40 – Pokemon Go, Metroid hard mode, Unsung Story
1:28:00 – Evo2k17
1:34:30 – Closing comments

Interesting to hear insights on the new Dragon Quest from someone who's played the series.

They did a disservice to the Metroid DLC conversation by not recognizing the fact that DLC is available to anyone who wants it whereas an Amiibo can be difficult to obtain at launch and after the fact.

urfe

I don't get the messed up audio at the beginning. What's it a reference to?

I'm about half way through, I also thought FFIX was crap, maybe it's an age thing.

I'm loving DQXI, but found it rough how everyone anglicized Camus's name. I also don't think everyone was quite clear on differences. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's not that some areas are not accessible in 2D, it's that after the first area the maps aren't 1:1 the same. In fact they're incredibly different in many instances.

Enjoyed hearing about games I didn't know about. Will be checking them out!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I missed last week's show, but did they apologize for saying that the Nintendo network would be better than PSN? :p

Having played them all bar III, it makes me sad to hear Mark rag on FFIX, but hey, FF is FF. Different strokes for dif folks. I could swear that's two weeks in a row there's been some thinly veiled references to DQXI's localisation but maybe I'm just wishfully thinking hah. Great pod as always :) I never post in here but I listen to every ep, really good.

Brunire

What was the mobile game mentioned at the end? I couldn't hear the title clearly. Sounded like egglia or something?

dracula_x

The GameInformer Show: 8-4 Play's John Ricciardi And Mark MacDonald On Japan And Game Localization → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekYEM167bEU

In this excerpt from The Game Informer Show podcast, Ben Hanson and Kyle Hilliard interview 8-4's John Ricciardi And Mark MacDonald from Enhance Games about the 8-4 Play podcast, what it's like to work with Japanese game development legends, and the process of localizing games like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Doopliss

Lol at the Game informer guy writing down the time of every swearing.
Ha! Wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. It gets extra hilarious around 45mins in when Marks potty mouth goes into overdrive and the guy (Ben Hanson?) is just constantly scribbling.

Top Bottom