• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8 Minutes of WET Gameplay

jakncoke

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
:lol

why copy Stranglehold?

Stranglehold was awesome, so what happens when you add a chick to the formula, you get a game that's a notch above awesome. Hype train full speed ahead.

Stranglehold was awesome.

I'm not super excited about this, but I wasn't too excited about SH before I got into it either.

We'll see.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The only thing this game accomplishes is making games like Damnation look like the zenith of this industry's creativity.

A game has to have amazing graphics not to do anything different (see Uncharted). Unfortunately this game doesn't have amazing graphics, I give it a 6.5.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
MWS Natural said:
A game has to have amazing graphics not to do anything different (see Uncharted). Unfortunately this game doesn't have amazing graphics, I give it a 6.5.
I am facing the shit out of my palm right now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BobsRevenge said:
I am facing the shit out of my palm right now.
You should be "palming the shit out of your face." You made it sound like you are locked in an epic staredown with your palm.

HiResDes

Shockgamer said:
The Max Payne games weren't much different.
:lol , you gotta be kidding comparing a masterpiece to this piece of shit...The Max Payne games weren't so much different except for their highly stylized noir style, gritty moving plots, superior level design, awesome atmosphere, and one badass main character yeah thats about it.

Tomb Raider style funky animation, stranglehold/max payne gameplay, crappy samurai gameplay, trying to be stylish and not doing any of them as good.

The graphics are ok looking but seem low poly and uninteresting.

Maybe a fun rental but I don't see myself actually buying it.

Dark Octave said:
Stranglehold was awesome.

Stranglehold brings many adjectives to mind...awesome is not one of them.

Seriously, the only reason I bought Stranglehold was for Hard Boiled in HD, and $70 was still entirely too much for what I got.

Unless this shite comes with The Killer in high def on the disc and is $40...no sale.

HiResDes said:
:lol , you gotta be kidding comparing a masterpiece to this piece of shit...The Max Payne games weren't so much different except for their highly stylized noir style, gritty moving plots, superior level design, awesome atmosphere, and one badass main character yeah thats about it.

Four out of the five things you described are nothing more than aesthetics, and I think you need to go back and play those games again if you think their levels weren't just shooting galleries with a few spring loaded events thrown in.

Darkpen

Banned

so stranglehold, with tombraider/prince of persia platforming, and guns during the platforming sections.

great.

*sigh*

There was so much potential for awesomeness here, and instead its going to be stupidly running and gunning, constantly jumping around like a jack rabbit, with slow motion constantly in play.

Gaogaogao

Shockgamer said:
Four out of the five things you described are nothing more than aesthetics, and I think you need to go back and play those games again if you think their levels weren't just shooting galleries with a few spring loaded events thrown in.
you could get away with saying that about all kinds of shooters, but max payne is still better than any game thats copied it. they had a better story, better guns, sound effects for the guns and the slow motion. I want a new max payne about as much as I want a new cod modern warfare.

Nizz

Epcott said:
^I haven't seen a woman on her knees so much since... well, you know
*drumroll* (badooom tish!)

Max Payne + A dumbed down Devil May Cry??

I loooooove how it goes into bullet time every single time you fire your gun. And the voice acting? Unfinished or not, is pretty sad.

http://www.instantrimshot.com/

krae_man

Lead character looks like 1up's Community Manager Teanah:

wet.jpg

untitled1-3.jpg

akachan ningen said:
There's nothing wrong with being influenced or even straight out copying the formulas of previous games. But if you do that, you need to move forwards, not backwards.
And upwards, not downwards. And twirling, twirling, twirling toward freedom

lostxii

pixel monkey said:
Stranglehold brings many adjectives to mind...awesome is not one of them.

Seriously, the only reason I bought Stranglehold was for Hard Boiled in HD, and $70 was still entirely too much for what I got.

Unless this shite comes with The Killer in high def on the disc and is $40...no sale.

What was so bad about Stranglehold, it was a good action game. Definitely better then what I've seen of this so far, but we'll see.

HiResDes said:
Yeah, and let's not forget Max Payne was eight years ago-- and it wasn't copying other games.

krae_man said:
Lead character looks like 1up's Community Manager Teanah:
Say what? Staying away from 1up for a while could be healthy for you.

NameIess

Honestly the footage did not look bad...
If they can get the visuals on par with other AAA titles being released in 2009 I would pay attention to the game. If the combat is varied enough and fun to play I may consider a purchase, but leaning more toward a rental.

EazyB

Banned
I had a lot of fun with Stranglehold for what it was. I'll give this a rent as there's no other glaring flaws.

Returners

it feels more Max Payne than Stranglehold. Though the main character (or maybe the quality of the vid) just reminds me of the Japanese Chick Killing Zombies game (Oneechanbara)

Xater

At least it looks like they do a better job at combining acrobatics with aiming compared to Stranglehold.

Not a creative game but I like this kind of 3rd person shooter so it might be decent fun as a rental.

AppleBlade

Mr. Durden said:
I enjoyed Stranglehold at a budget price, and I think I'll enjoy this as well at a budget price
I agree 100%. The whining in this thread is nauseating. As long as they keep the locales/environments interesting and if the story is even semi-interesting I think I could have some fun with title.

Ooooooo, I especially like how edgy she is at the end when she kicks a basketball at the camera, calls me a mother-fucker and tells me to kiss her ass.

This is going to be the terriblererest game evar.

Wallach

This game cracks me up. As far as I can tell the title doesn't make any sense whatsoever (even after watching these pre-release videos), the woman knee-slides more than she walks, the game enters "bullet-time" every single time you fire your weapon, and killing bad guys that are 3 feet from you apparently require you to run up the nearest wall and backflip before you try and shoot them. I would probably rent this just for the camp factor.

Ganondorfo

This game will be trashed on with upcoming reviews

These are the reasons.

-It's not part of a famous franchise
-Developer isn't famous

ultim8p00

Banned
I think the problem with this game is that it looks too generic, too brown, too tiresome, from what we've seen so far.

I like the ideas, like wall-running and shooting, shooting-over a flip etc, but they just need to be applied differently.

I mean, imagine this very same game, but with Mirror's Edge art style and a type of story that would allow for interesting puzzles that require acrobatic movements. That's something I would seriously consider buying if done right.

Wallach

Ganondorfo said:
This game will be trashed on with upcoming reviews

These are the reasons.

-It's not part of a famous franchise
-Developer isn't famous

Well, after watching this latest video I'm pretty sure these are not going to be the only reasons it will get shit on in reviews.

Top Bottom