• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8bit Commando |OT| New PC shoot 'em up, not the Capcom Classic

OnPoint

8bitcommandoheader.png

Yes, Capcom did make an 8-bit game called Commando. And yes, it's awesome. But this is not that game. There's an indie-developed Contra-style shooter in town, and it's available on a PC or Mac near you. 8bit Commando is a throw-back run-and-gun with great gameplay, sharp pixel graphics and a fantastic chiptune soundtrack by Ozzed. It came out back in July, but I felt like it needed a little attention here on GAF today.

Features
  1. 6 stages
  2. Local co-op
  3. Online leaderboards

It's available at several locations for a price of about $6.

8bitcommando_screens.jpg

8bitcommando_video.jpg

8bitcommando_press.jpg

Mimir

Looks pretty cool, I'll probably pick this up. Strangely, it seems to be priced differently on every store, ranging from $5.99 on GamersGate to $8.99 on Impulse.

You might want to update the purchase links for Desura, GamersGate, and Impulse. Those links just lead to images on the developers' website rather than to the storefronts.

Tain

The art looks nicer than most amateur 2D action games, and I like the size of the screen versus the entities, but I'm not too fond of the size of the lifebar or how sparse the presented scenes look. That one video calling it an "easy Contra" hurts things, too, given how easy the original Contra is.

Top Bottom