• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 years in...how much DLC have you actually bought?

Alphahawk

(9 years ago was when Bethesda released its infamous "horse armor")

I actually have bought very little. My biggest spending spree was probably for Microsoft Gameroom, so right there that should tell you something. I usually find that I'm unsatisfied with what I buy when I purchase DLC, whether it be Guitar Hero songs, which I quickly wore out, or a Fallout 3 mission I never actually got to in the game (Brotherhood of Steel).

So what about you?

Not much. I only buy DLC for games that I truly love and that are truly worthwhile, like Fable 2, Dishonored, Alan Wake, Bioshock Infinite, Smash Bros, Resogun, MK8, Hyrule Warriors and now Witcher 3. I only buy DLC that has major new content; almost never any costumes or single items or anything like that. I know people like to hate on DLC, and while a lot of it is cheap garbage and stuff cut from the main game, there's certainly some good DLC out there too. I've also bought a bunch of GOTY/complete editions of course.

I bought very little. However that wasn't just because I wasn't into buying it. It's actually mostly a monetary thing. My parents bought almost all of my games and stuff. So, I could realistically only ask for so much. DLC ate into that. So, I preferred to just hold off on DLC that I probably wouldn't be wild about anyway for the long term gain of a new game.

Jimrpg

Hardly any unless it's part of a complete GOTY edition... It's like the deleted scenes from dvds, it's usually deleted for a reason.

I did get the Mario kart dlc tho.

Uhhhh.

I bought the Dark Souls one.

Oh and Nintendo stuff (Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors).

I think that's it.

Tenebrous

Steam has me clocked at 544 DLC, which is about 30% less than the number of games I own. I tend to buy DLC when it's in some sort of definitive edition (pay an extra £1 for 20 pieces of mostly worthless DLC? Sure, I guess).

At least 10% of the DLC I've bought is for Paradox Interactive games.

bjork

All the DLC for:
Oblivion (except the horse armor, oddly enough)
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Skyrim
Pac Man CE DX
Saints Row the Third
Alan Wake
if episodes of Walking Dead count, that
and like $80ish bucks on Game Room, expensive 1000/1000.

I don't go nuts on DLC, but if I like the game, I'm not opposed to buying some. I have yet to buy a consumable-type of content on console, but I've done that on phones for sure. I usually don't mind until I look at my bank statement.

KidB

I've only bought the DLC for Dark Souls and Mario Kart 8, they were pretty much the only ones that didn't look like rip-offs to me.

Hjod

Banned
Don't know if it counts but I bought money in GTAV Online to get some cars. Only thing I ever bought.

I spent a huge chunk on Rock Band DLC Songs over the years. Pretty much every other bit of DLC was bought due to a sale - at least a 50% off sale.

Burnout Big Surf
Fallout 3 DLC
Skyrim DLC
Mass Effect 2 DLC
Mass Effect 3 DLC
Bioshock 2 DLC (Minerva's Den)
Bioshock Infinite DLC

...were all at least half price beofre I touched them.

I bought Super Luigi U and Mario Kart 8 stuff at launch, as I felt they were well price

Dr. Buni

The two Mario Kart 8 DLC packs and Ryu/Suzaku Castle/Dream Land 64 for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

That is about it.

All DLC for:

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3
BF3 Premium
BF4 Premium
Dark Souls Artorias
Titanfall Season Pass
Witcher 3 Expansion pass

that's about it :/

Eggbok

My biggest offense was PlayStation Home. I've spent about 1k in total throughout the 7 years it was around.
Other than that though not too much, I buy dlc here and there for some shooters and singleplayer games but not much.

-shadow-

Mario Kart 8 DLC - €12,-
Hyrule Warriors DLC - €15,-
Smash (WiiU) - €30,-
Fire Emblem Awakening €2,-

That's it. All other DLC I have is through GOTY editions.

Not much. IIRC I bought one map pack for Black Ops 2, a couple of songs for Rockband and Left Behind for The Last of Us.

I'm still kinda disgusted when I see publishers announcing season pass 6 months ahead of the launch of the actual game.

zsynqx

All the COD dlc from COD4 to Blops1
Dark Souls 1 and 2
Last of Us Left Behind
Plan on buying Uncharted 4 dlc. Undecided on Bloodborne.

Edit: Also got Minerva's Den

Edit 2: Also got vampire dlc for infamous 2.

Nvzman

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Advanced Warfare Season Passes, BF4 premium, Sonic Unleashed dlc, Skullgirls characters, SSB4 stuff and that's about it.

The Scorchers for Rage - £4 odd I recall (which I never actually played)
Driveclub digital copy inc. season pass for £16 just a few weeks ago
About £20 of various costumes for LittleBigPlanet. Most of this was one night when I was drunk (but I don't regret it because 2000AD and FFVII costumes are awesome!)
The Last of Us season pass from Blockbuster's fire sale - £10
Resogun season pass for about £3 a couple of weeks ago
Dark Souls' Artorias of the Abyss for about £6.50 (still have not played it)
A couple of weapon/costume packs for Red Dead Redemption for about £0.80 each
Giant Edition add-on for Don't Starve. Don't recall how much this cost
Arrival for Mass Effect 2. I think it was about £4
I re-bought Dragon's Dogma for the new Dark Arisen content. I would have just downloaded it had that been an option
I think I bought all the content for MotorStorm RC. I was terrible at it, but kind of loved that game
The add-on for Renegade Ops. It was an extra, smaller campaign with about three missions (compared to the full game's ten) featuring a side-villain from the main game
Some DLC for MotorStorm: Pacific Rim, but I honestly don't remember what it was
All of the extra map packs for MAG. I think it was only about £6

Can't think of any others. Just looking at my trophies now to see if anything else jumps out.

Basically, I like anything that delivers a good chunk of extra content, or sometimes if I pick up a game used if I like the game I'll buy some DLC to throw a bit of money the dev's way. Favourite DLC ever is probably Left Behind.

Zaheer

Mass Effect 3 story DLC
Mass Effect 2 pre-order DLC
Red Dead Redemption pre-order DLC
Saints Row IV pre-order DLC
BioShock Infinite season pass
Assassin's Creed 4: Freedom Cry
Batman: Arkham Origins season pass

Buying The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass today.

Happy with:
Mario kart 8 dlc.
New super Luigi u
A few theatrhythm songs (woo twewy)
Hyrule warriors
The original guacamelee dlc.
Edity: Also Asura's Wrath true ending. What a ride!

Disappointed:
A few maps of Fire emblem awakening. Too expensive.
Pikmin 3 because I wanted story content.
Smash: didn't buy, too expensive.

Will buy: witcher 3 expansion, bloodborne expansion.

I think thats everything I've bought as dlc.
If its not actual content at a great price, I don't care.

Quite a bit. I only buy things like SP expansions and other DLC that offers huge chunks of new content. I've never bought a single MT or any sort of in-game currency. That type of DLC isn't for me.

I buy plenty of content DLC for games I like. I refuse to buy any boosts or cosmetics though. Give me extra maps/missions.

This.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
All I can think of is the epilogue for Asura's Wrath, and some heavily discounted DLC for Fallout: NV.

Dunkley

Let's see:

• All Saints Row 3 DLC to support the devs.
  • ArmA 3: Karts
  • Ryo DLC for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • The Walking Dead: 400 Days
  • Kasumi DLC for Mass Effect 2
  • Ryu DLC and Squid Costumes for Super Smash Brothers for WiiU.

Never was a huge fan of buying DLC. I got the Fallout 3 Game Of The Year edition if that counts, all other stuff I got gifted by friends (Heavensward DLC for FF14, USF4 Upgrade), but as far as me buying DLC myself goes, that's about it.

TLoU Left Behind-amazing and worth every penny

Destiny season pass-worth it in terms of time spent but I still felt burnt overall

Left Behind TLOU - technically. I upgraded to remastered edition mainly for that (the price difference of selling my old copy made up for the cost and basically meant I got the upgraded base game for free)

Assassin's Creed 4: Freedom Cry (£8-12 or something can't remember)

Mass Effect 2/3 - All the DLC's (I played Mass Effect in June this year and bought all DLC on a sale, cost me £20 or something for everything including the base games)

Infamous: First Light - my brother bought me this for I think £15 but I would have bought it myself eventually if he hadn't.

I think we have some Super Stardust HD DLC... maybe?

Fallout 3 all DLC, no idea prices

Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 Premium - £40 each

Metal Gear Online 2 - All map packs (forgot prices, probably sub £20 in total though)

Resistance 1 - All map packs

That's all I can remember... for now. To be honest I really don't mind DLC as long as the content is good.

venomenon

Some content DLC for Skyrim, Fallout NV, Binding of Isaac and Europa Universalis 4. Will buy the Witcher 3 story DLC when it comes out.

In the end, it's nothing I wouldn't have bought as expansion packs before those became digital and were called "DLC".

I bought all Fallout 3 DLCs and Dead Money for New Vegas.
A Burial at Sea EP 1 and 2.
They all worth it in my opinion. 100% going to buy The Witcher's ones.

None but soon i will buy Bloodborne The Old Hunters, whatever Dark Souls 3 DLC, maybe Uncharted 4 DLC too if it has decent content.

All Halo 3 Map Packs
All Resident Evil 5 DLC
All GTA4 DLC
All New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC
All Mario Kart 8 DLC
All Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS DLC
All Hyrule Warriors DLC
A few Pikmin 3 DLC's
I bought New Super Luigi U retail but I guess it's DLC

I think that's everything in 9 years. It seems like a fairly large list but so many games last gen had DLC, what i've purchased is just a blip on the radar. Nintendo's DLC really gets me, the majority of additional content is stuff you wouldn't find in the main game and it really adds to the experience. Mario Kart 8 is easily the best DLC i've ever purchased. Really enjoyed GTA4's DLC for similar reasons.

Xis

If it has single-player achievements tied to it, I'll probably get it. I try and wait for a sale though.

So far this gen, I've got DLC for:

Assassin's Creed IV (Freedom Cry)
Dragon Age Inquisition (just Jaws of Haakon so far)
Forza Horizon 2 (Storm Island)
Gravity Rush (all the outfit packs)
Halo MCC (ODST)
LittleBigPlanet PSVita (The Marvel pack, ugh)
Shadows of Mordor (everything)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Jill / Shuma Goroth / costumes)
WipEout 2048 (Fury / Fury HD)

I'm waiting for a sale to pick up the Sunset Overdrive DLC.

Crayolan

All the non-mii smash Wii U DLC thus far except for Peach's Castle 64.

Bought the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 which had the DLC on it.

That's it.

Top Bottom