• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 years in...how much DLC have you actually bought?

Juanfp

Halo 3 4 all maps packs
MW 2 all maps packs
Blops all maps packs
Skyrim all dlc
Battlefield 3 premium
Last of Us left behind
Destiny expansion pass
Smash 3ds all fighters and stages

RPGam3r

I assume I've purchased hundreds of DLC. Love expanding my games, I even purchased a nice set of horse armor with no regret.

megalowho

Lots of it. Everything from the ending of Asura's Wrath to Jews in Crusader Kings II. Happy to pay for more of a thing I like and want to return to. Still don't mess with season passes, though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ever since i fell in love with the idea of horse armor i bought all of it. All the dlc. Actually i dont know how much bullshit ive bought. A lot. Only on steam though. I dont trust console digital distro services.

opoth

Banned
Something like 400-500 songs in Rock Band...

Fallout 3/New Vegas expansion DLC

Mass Effect 1-3 expansion DLC

Borderlands GOTY & Handsome Jack Collections, but that wasn't a double dip

Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors

Witcher 3 Expansion Pass

I think that's it...I'm pretty fussy about which DLC I'll purchase aside from Rock Band

Ikon

I've bought more than I wish I had:
All CoD map packs for Blops, MW3, Blops 2 and Ghosts.
Everything 'major' for Mass Effect.
Mario Kart 8, both packs (best DLC).

... And I can't really think of anything else at the moment. I don't particularly like DLC and plan to buy fewer going forward (not buying another CoD until they stop with all the recent movement options).

Codeblue

Outside of fighting games, I only buy DLC for games I find used after they go out of print to support the developers.

I paid money for the Nier DLC and Valkyria Chronicles DLC so far.

I bought all the Smash 4 characters and stages and upgraded to Ultra SF4 if that counts.

drotahorror

First and second map pack for all CoD's except for MW3 and on. After them being trash I decided I wouldn't buy any more.

Driveclub season pass. 2 of the big DLC's for Dishonored. Evil Within season pass. Trials Fusion season pass + the unicorn thing. Res0gun season pass. That may be it I believe. All of the ones I listed in this paragraph were worth it, except for The Evil Within (haven't played it). I'm interested in Bioshock Infinite season pass but not sure if it's been the right price point or not.

*Mario Kart wii U 2 pack DLC

skelekey

Too much to count. I could probably have bought a car with all the DLC I've bought. Maybe in the $600 dollar range on Battlefield heroes. Nearly all of the DLC for Uncharted 3. A piece of Assasins Creed 2. PSABR, Street Fighter IV upgrades. KoF 13 Iori. Mortal Kombat. I'm probably forgetting more. Most recently is about $100 in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and that was free. About $40 in One Piece: Treasure cruise, and The Driveclub Season pass, which was, by a significant margin, the best value.

I bought every piece of DLC that came with Mass Effect the franchise (not counting MP). I did a whole shitton of microtransactions in NBA 2k14 and NBA 2k15

- Burnout Paradise: car packs and the new island
- Mass Effect 3: I downloaded Omega for free (price error) and the rest on a PSN sale (I have yet to replay the game)
- Episodes from Liberty City

In most cases once I finish a game I'm done with it for the rest of the gen, I'm too lazy to go back and learn the game mechanics again once they release the DLC

According to my Steam profile, I have 108 DLCs.
However, I don't think I ever bought them separately, I only get them from GOTY or bundle editions. I also never buy any DLC for my PS3 games.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
A lot. I love it. The first couple of years with DLC we had a few bad experiments. Now a days there are so much great DLC that it's hard to imagine anyone being against it on principle.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hm....explicitly purchased?

-A looooot of Dota 2 Hats/Compendium purchases
-Pretty much all ME1/2 DLC (skipped out on ME3's save for Citadel)
-Not sure if it counts, but a decent chunk of money on ME3 weapons, wised up after a bit tho.
-All of FO3/NV/Skyrim
-All of Fire Emblem Awakening (I'm weak, lol)
-All of the Halo 3/Reach Map Packs (except for the ones gifted, thanks Omlet if you're reading this! And Urk!).
-Borderlands 2 season pass.
-The XCOM DLC....Enemy Within made up for the smaller stuff.
-Wolfenstein: TOB
-Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.
-Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den.
-Dark Souls 2 season pass
-League Skins from before Dota 2.

Most, if not everything else, has been part of a steam sale bundle.

KRaZyAmmo

Borderlands 2 season pass
Last of Us left behind
BioShock Infinite Burial at sea
MW2 season pass
Smash 4 fighters/stages
NFS HP 2010/MW 2012 car packs
Driveclub season pass
TC car packs

that's about it. But now I'm much more aware and only do it on games I really really like.
Also I had MW3 maps by cousins.

KTO

Castlevania HOD maps- well worth it, some of the better levels in that game
SF4 Costumes- bought all of them up until Ultra
BF3 premium- I played the last expansion literally 1 time
various GH songs

Theres probably more, but I can't think right now. I'm not opposed to the idea of DLC either. For how shady a practice some people consider it, I rarely see purchasers complaining about getting burned by it.

I'm really wracking my brains here but i'm pretty sure I've never bought DLC. I've got stuff with GOTY packs or when its been free, even won the odd CoD map pack, but I've never spent my hard earned on add-ons. The Witcher 3 DLC's may change this though, man I love that game!!

Koh

Rockband <$20 worth of songs. Great value.

Borderlands 2 season pass -on sale for ~$10 after all content released :) Great value.

League of legends ~$30 for skins. $10 of that is sitting as unused credit in a game i never play anymore :(

Destiny taken king expansion $40. Hmmm...

To be purchased: Bloodborne expansion.

I'm pretty picky about the value and vehemently despise most dlc, in some cases even dlc i purchased...

PantsuJo

The only Great DLC ever made: the only one for Kung Fu Strike.
The most difficult stages in history of videogames, dude.

manfestival

I think outside of dota 2 and league (spent around 100 for each but put in well over 1k hours for each) I would say maybe the dlc for warhawk. The first expansion I believe

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Between Marvel Heroes and Heroes of the Storm... a lot >_>

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lets see.
- Extra case in AA5
- Smash4 DLC
- Mario Kart DLC
- Hyrule Warrior DLC
- Some Megaman 9 DLC

I think thats it. I don't really have any issue buying it, there just hasn't been much I felt a need to purchase. There has been a bunch of DLC that came with my purchases since I tend to buy stuff after release, but I normally don't keep interest long enough in a game for DLC to really matter.

Now, Micro transactions, I have put some good money on that. So many Dota 2 hats, and a good bit of TF2 stuff when I played it. I have also put down some serious cash for Hearthstone cards.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
PS3
- Assassin's Creed II Battle of Forlì
- Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares

3DS
- A lot of Theatrhythm DLC Songs
- 10-15 Theatrhythm: Curtail Call DLC Songs
- Ace Attorney 5 DLC Case

iOS
- 10-15 Theatrhythm DLC Songs

NeonDelta

Bought most of the DLC for the following series games

Mass effect
Assassins creed
Fallout
GTA
Loads of rock band songs
Trials
And lots of random games

Doczu

Gold Member
Bought Hyrule Warriors season pass (passed on the costumes), SMT IV story DLC and Smash Bros Ryu. I'll probably buy the MK8 dlc when i finally get my hands on the game.

I'm not much into DLC.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
All Mass Effect 1/2 DLC
All Battlefield 4 map packs
Some CoD 4 map packs
PoP 2008 Epilogue
Resi 5 Lost in Nightmares
All Borderlands 1 DLC
Both Alan Wake episodes
All Force Unleashed 1/2 DLC
about $300 worth of Rock Band songs.

I think that's it? Can't say I regret any of them. I would have included the Infamous DLC's but I don't think they count.

Fbh

Not considering "complete editions" and stuff like that that comes with DLC.

- All the characters of MK9
- RDR: Undead Nightmare
- Dark Souls DLC
- The Last of Us season pack (left behind + multiplayer maps)

Mass Effect 2 (All DLC)
Mass Effect 3 (All DLC)
Battlefield 4 (Premium)
Super Ultra Omega Street Fighter 4

The rest of my DLC comes with GOTY versions and pre-order bonuses.

Resident evil 5 dlc. I wanted to see a mansion again.
Gta 4 . Ballad of gay tony. Heard it was good and it was.
Red dead. Undead nightmare. Same reason as gta 4.
and that is literally the only dlc I've ever bought.

A decent amount. If it's a game I like and I hear the content is worth it, I'll buy it no problem. Heck, the Dark Souls DLC has some of the best bosses, and Minerva's Den might be the best Bioshock game ever made.

Top Bottom