• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90's Nostalgia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 90's also brought as one of the best things related to transformers.

BEAST WARS!

Maximals-bw1.jpg

Teh Hamburglar said:
My dad would tell me that the lunar module that landed on the moon had less computing power than my Nintendo. I was like "WTF Dad?"
Haha! Yeah, I think he told me something like that too. I just couldn't believe it, but at that time I thought everything needed huge green silicone cards inside of them to be good :lol

Squeak

Most of the good stuff in the 90's happened in the first 3 or 4 years when some of the late 80's zeitgeist was still hanging on.
Most popular culture stuff after that, was committee agreed, market segment targeted, focus-group tested sacarine and/or "authentic" indie crap.

Jakeh111

3 PAGES AND NO
In-Living-Color-jim-carrey-141593_1024_768.jpg

I still can go back and watch this show today and laugh my ass off, I find it more funny than The Chappelle Show.

Superunknown.jpg

First CD I ever bought, had some cassettes also tho.

B000002MMG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dad found this and took it from my ass, lol.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Anth0ny said:
So... everything's been posted already. Pokemon Red/Blue, Power Rangers, Simpsons...

But for us Canadian kids, the ultimate nostalgia:

ytv.jpg

"Up next, we got Pokemon. Then, Dragon Ball Z!"

; _____ ;
Holy shit.

2i1m6mf.jpg

(not necessarily for windows just the first box art i saw)

i remember these guys had cool 90s soundtracks too with soundgarden and swervedriver

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
brianjones said:

I loved the 64 version. I think that came out in the 90's.

Either way it's pretty awesome to smash people in the face with pipes while you ride a motorcycle.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
brianjones said:
hip hop as a genre IS the 90s

theres some decent stuff out there nowadays but nothing matches the raw and ruggedness of the 90s classics

Agreed, that and the late 80's.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
brianjones said:
hip hop as a genre IS the 90s

theres some decent stuff out there nowadays but nothing matches the raw and ruggedness of the 90s classics

Like with anything music related, I agree with you.

Mostly cause the pinnacle of Wu-Tang was the mid 90's when RZA had complete control and hadn't lost his touch yet. Enter the 36 chambers, Iron Man, Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban Lynx, Tical and so on.

Clydefrog said:

this was my first genuine nostalgia. Most of the stuff posted here has been posted in the threads before, and have thus lost nostalgia value. Last time it was the "it is now safe to turn off your computer". I seriously had not seen or thought that in maybe 10 years. Bill Clinton is hardly "nostalgic" - he's still in the news and stuff. Its not like a forgotten gem.

iidesuyo

Subitai said:
I'm surprised I haven't seen more of:
StarTrekTNG-thumb-500x313-14018.jpg

This is a 80s/90s hybrid, maybe that's why it is so good.

Anyone remember this?

Minimum requirements:
486 DX/2 66MHz
8MB RAM, 16 MB for SVGA
Sound Blaster compatible sound card

Every game in 1995/1996 had these requirements :D

Natetan

Speaking of hand me downs

document-1.jpg

my older brother gave me like 5 pairs of these. Oh was the bomb diggity of my junior high/high school.

Jakeh111 said:
Superunknown.jpg

First CD I ever bought, had some cassettes also tho.

A masterpiece, though I've only discovered it recently. I've been on a nineties binge lately. Last year it was Pearl Jam, now Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. Movies too, the nineties were great.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
iidesuyo said:
This is a 80s/90s hybrid, maybe that's why it is so good.

Anyone remember this?

Minimum requirements:
486 DX/2 66MHz
8MB RAM, 16 MB for SVGA
Sound Blaster compatible sound card

Every game in 1995/1996 had these requirements :D

I had a 486 DX/2 66 MHz PC back in the day :lol I still have some old DOS games lying around, although the only ones that come to mind are Myst and Realms of the Haunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom