• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$99 New 3DS Black Friday Deal

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
How much better is the new Pokémon game's performance on the New 3DS as opposed to the first 3DS model? I'm rocking the latter and really only ever used it to play Pokémon games. The last one I played was X/Y and those lagged. I also understand Sun/Moon lag but I'm unsure of how they perform here.

Would any of you advise picking up a New 3DS for these games versus using my older 3DS? I'm strapped for cash. I'd also prefer to play these titles on the Switch, but I don't think there's any sign of Sun/Moon going to the console, right?

hitgirl

Where's N3DS flash carts at now adays? I'd like to pick one up, will grab some games, but I travel a lot and don't like carrying around games. Would like to backup, put on a flash cart, and put games in storage.

People thinking they might hold off for the Switch:

The Switch is unlikely to have BC. If you've never had a 3DS before, you have almost 6 years' worth of stuff to catch up to. This is completely worth it and probably the best 3DS-related deal I've ever seen.

I attempted to Photoshop that black one without the boxart

1u9ZhnC.jpg

gardfish

God damn. Seriously tempted to trade in my New 3DS XL for this one, I bought it before it became clear that we were going to get the regular-sized one. I like the smaller form factor better.

B.K.

Where's N3DS flash carts at now adays? I'd like to pick one up, will grab some games, but I travel a lot and don't like carrying around games. Would like to backup, put on a flash cart, and put games in storage.

It probably won't, but if it came with firmware 10.7, like the Mario Land bundle, you wouldn't need a flashcart. You could downgrade and install custom firmware. Then you could rip your games and install them to the sd card.

Adding official PR to OP. The press release does make it sound like this is the new official price, and that the new models are just to spur Black Friday shopping.

Reki

Incredible price. If they sell those online I may buy one even considering I was saving for the Switch.

You can just buy your games digitally now.

As someone who wanted the regular New 3DS, they waited way too long to bring it over. With the switch right around the corner, I'll just wait for that I think.

For those that are looking to buy, wow, this is a great deal though.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ho damn! I'm in on this. It'll be nice to finally have my own and y'know, keeping a console for backwards compatibility is never ever a bad thing. AND it's the SMALLER 3DS? God help me this just can't get any better can it. What's this bundle they keep referencing?

Davilmar

I really hate how one can never predict when Nintendo will have good deals like this. Little more than a month ago, I thought I was being smart by purchasing a regular sized New Nintendo 3DS Super Mario 3D Land for $150 at Target. Now Nintendo came and released this sweet deal. Does anyone know if the buttons are in the SNES color configuration? I am digging the Black color, but not sure how I feel about its appearance with difference face covers.

muteki

Do either of these have SFC colored buttons?

Showcasing the covers is fine but I'd like to see the front of the unit, since that is the side I'd be looking at the most.

CPCunha

FML... i have a white one and i love it to pieces, but i've always wanted the black one (all my portables are black besides the limited edition ones). I have a friend visiting on the 16th so i'll be missing this for 9 days....

...nintendo, why torture me?

I just got the Hyrule n3DS XL from GameStop last year, and its B button is already broken with no abuse...

Guess I'll snatch this one and deal with the downsize. Great price.

Top Bottom