• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$99 New 3DS Black Friday Deal

ZeroX03

Banned
How could I forget the worldwide phenomenon known as Tembo the elephant. The point I was trying to make is primarily they are the Pokémon company. They make games for Nintendo's portable consoles. Their largest product by far is a Nintendo product. There is no reason for gimped hardware support and their completely asinine view on Pokémon Amiibo (no sounds in Mario maker.. restrictions all around).

It's never not funny watching you move goal posts and constantly get things wrong. Game Freak aren't The Pokémon Company. The Pokémon Company is the Pokémon Company.

So far you don't know who owns Game Freak, then you thought they had an exclusive contract, then you thought they had full control over the Pokémon brand. Like I said, any other poster and I would think would be playing dumb for the joke.

I don't event disagree with your points, it's just that you keep bringing up factual inaccuracies in an attempt to justify them. All you need to say is Game Freak should be utilizing the hardware better.

Except my 3DS almost never balances right in it

Funny, it's inconsistent for me, one of my 3DS fits snugly, the other is loose.

jax

Banned
It's never not funny watching you move goal posts and constantly get things wrong. Game Freak aren't The Pokémon Company. The Pokémon Company is the Pokémon Company.

So far you don't know who owns Game Freak, then you thought they had an exclusive contract, then you thought they had full control over the Pokémon brand. Like I said, any other poster and I would think would be playing dumb for the joke.

I don't event disagree with your points, it's just that you keep bringing up factual inaccuracies in an attempt to justify them. All you need to say is Game Freak should be utilizing the hardware better.
I don't mean they're literally the Pokémon Company. What I meant was that their primary function as a company is to make Pokémon games on Nintendo hardware, and that it's ridiculous how anti-Nintendo they are.

sackninja

So, no word on whether or not this will be available in Europe? Would definitely buy one to replace my launch day standard 3 Ds.

Raw64life

A year ago I would've been all over this. It's still tempting, but considering the fact that the next 3DS game I buy will probably also be my last, it doesn't seem worth it.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't mean they're literally the Pokémon Company. What I meant was that their primary function as a company is to make Pokémon games on Nintendo hardware, and that it's ridiculous how anti-Nintendo they are.

Maybe you should stop talking about what you think the company is, and applying motivations like "anti Nintendo". Stop making assumptions when you're clearly very misinformed, just stick to the very simple "they should develop to the hardware's full potential". Nobody will disagree with that, just all the bullshit you keep saying around it.

Limited edition and Black Friday? Oh god...

9sBBWFc.jpg

Nekki

So how much would it take to have a kind Gaf soul buy this and mail it to me in Argentina? Even with shippjng costs and a whore sent exclusively to their house it would be cheap for me

Fuck I just got my dual IPS white n3ds after searching high and low for it, thinking Nintendo was never going to release the black one.

Fuck!

Jhoan

I've been looking to replace my water soaked 3DS XL so it could be possible that I'll bite on this deal. I wonder if there's going to be any deals for N3DS XL's since I would prefer that model if possible. Then again, $100 is a damn good deal.

Jeez hardware is so darn cheap in America wish those prices were the reality here. Generally add 50% on the prices.......(Sweden)

If you hax your n3DS you can get massive FPS improvements in Pokemon (and other games too actually).

...But my Sun and Moon XL was on 11.0 and these babies will probably be on even later firmware so it'll be really hard for most people to hax these until that new DSiware method comes into being.
I would say yes, but to be on the safe side I would take it out of pocket when doing anything involving strain on the console to be safe.
Just keep it out of the pocket in general. A traveling case or something should work fine, for example.

The issue with the XL and later models is that due to the now wide-as-hell gap between the screens, dust and lint can easily get between them and get trapped between the raised border and the upper screen. And because pockets are often lint pits, well..... Just apply a little pressure, the kind that comes naturally from a not-giant-as-hell pocket, and there you go. Thick scratch lines.

Wow that's awesome. I'm broke as hell, but I wonder how difficult these will be to get.
Are all New 3DS models going to be $99 or just these two?

jax

Banned
I think Game Freak and The Pokemon Company should develop to the hardware's full potential
I agree. It's a shame to see a brand new Pokémon game releasing optimized for hardware that is over 5 years old at this point. It really makes me wonder what GameFreak's motivation is. "Oh well, it will still sell like crazy anyway" works well to a certain point, but if it had better optimization it could be a real system seller.

I just hope that looking back, the 3DS Pokemons are a standalone example of a weird generation. Hopefully the Switch Pokémon is optimized and has full Amiibo and streetpass support that is so great we forget all about this complete lack of hardware support they've given Nintendo here. But judging by their track record, I don't see that happening. :(

Damn if its at gamestop I could get with my gs credit since I just traded in a ton of retro games.

I had to get a 2DS after my 3DS XL starting breakng back in April since I couldn't afford the other models but now that I have some extra I guess I could get this, and just not use it for awhile and keep using my 2DS until it possibly starts breaking. Not sure if thats a good idea to just get it and not use it for awhile. Since I can't transfer from N3DS to 2DS/3DS then I'd want to wait as long as I could before I transfered. (Not to mention the hinge on my 3DS XL starting breaking too, so getting another hinge sysem makes me nervous. I do now know about opening it from the middle but still...) i probably won't get it, but its mighty tempting. I miss 3D!

Hell of a deal tho. I highly recommend it since 3DS has the best library of games of all time imo. Everyone should jump on it but do be aware you'll probably need a 32GB Micro SD Card but its on amazon for like $10-$15 at all times so its not too much.

jax

Banned
If you hax your n3DS you can get massive FPS improvements in Pokemon (and other games too actually).

Yeah, this is what you unfortunately have to do for the game to be more enjoyable. Wish we didn't have to hack our devices to get this functionality. It being so easy to fix with a hack makes it not being included out of box even more of a slap in the face to N3DS owners tbh.

Just keep it out of the pocket in general. A traveling case or something should work fine, for example.
Yeah, unfortunately this is what you have to do. You can also have a home 3DS and a portable 3DS and st least you'll be able to pocket your portable as well as have a scuff free option. At $199 that's not a terrible option.

Dominator

Was going to buy a New 3DS XL when Pokémon comes as I sold mine earlier this year, but now this is super tempting...

If the XL's don't go on sale on Black Friday, I'm gonna get this.

Is this a good buy for a 5 year old or should I go with the 2DS for Christmas?

2DS. I got one for my son as a 6th birthday present, and I've had to take it apart to repair the shoulder buttons, as well as clean it regularly.

Also, get a case for it. I think you can still find the Nerf cases.

Rizific

i have the LoZ 3ds xl and havent really played anything on it since ssb4 and ALBTW. kinda looking forward to sun/moon, and i already have i 3ds...so i dont need this. but i need this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know, Amazon UK don't really sell the 3DS themselves for some reason, just looking now though they do have some 3DS-XL's in, I just want the normal sized as a spare.

I just paid £110 for a used one from CEX..

Is that the embossed cover plate that it comes with? That's like one of the best plates there is

BooJoh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On my OG the marks were able to be rubbed off, on my N3DS they're permanent. Yes, it scratches. It's stubtle enough that it doesn't bother me though. If you're worried about it you could slap a screen protector on the top screen.

EDIT: Topic title should probably mention that this is a Black N3DS in NA, tons of people have been waiting for this.

Caelus

Any way to tell if the screen is higher quality prior to purchase, like checking a serial number or something? Is it even worth it?

If Nintendo has plenty available and doesn't limit it to a deal only on Black Friday, I will be a proud New 3DS owner. Otherwise, I ain't dragging my ass out on that day fer nuthin'.

I need the black one in my life! I already have two white ones (North American) and a black (PAL) one for homebrew. I want a black American one because all of my games are NTSC-U.

I hope this is widely available after Black Friday.

How horrible would it be to try and trade a new 3DS Xl at GameStop for one of these on Black Friday? Just thinking about it is giving me a headache.

Sou Da

Just bought an OG XL back a week ago, fuck right off Nintendo. It shouldn't have taken this damn long to get a reasonably priced n3ds here.

How horrible would it be to try and trade a new 3DS Xl at GameStop for one of these on Black Friday? Just thinking about it is giving me a headache.
buy it, take it home, do the transfer, keep the receipt. go back later with the receipt and trade the n3DS XL in for a refund however you paid for it originally.

Top Bottom