• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 ports to other platforms being worked on

Averon

Good. I have VLR on Vita in my backlog, and I intend to buy ZTD on Vita.

Having the whole trilogy on Vita will be great.

4Tran

I'm definitely going to pick it up as long as you can skip scenes you've already played through. You shouldn't have to play that initial puzzle room five times just to get all the endings.

Shizuka

I'm definitely going to pick it up as long as you can skip scenes you've already played through. You shouldn't have to play that initial puzzle room five times just to get all the endings.

That's definitely being added if they're remaking the game (adding voice-work, new assets, etc). Even the iOS port got it.

https://twitter.com/ze3project/status/749387168443924481

"999 Port is coming! No systems are confirmed though, sorry for the confusion!"

Its funny they are being so coy. So far we have 999 on DS (3DS), VLR on 3DS and Vita, and ZTD on 3DS, Vita and PC. What else could 999 be coming to but Vita and PC? PS4 & Xbone would be... weird, but without any level of precision of input (like 3DS and Vita's touchscreen and the mouse on PC), would it make much sense?

I guess ZTD and VLR both work with just controllers on PSTV so I don't know, but it's just amusing they are being all secretive about platforms when it should be obvious. I guess I'm just restless for a 999 Vita announcement because it's my favorite conceptually and I've been waiting for an update on my ZTD watch preorders' delivery estimates.

Shizuka

Its funny they are being so coy. So far we have 999 on DS (3DS), VLR on 3DS and Vita, and ZTD on 3DS, Vita and PC. What else could 999 be coming to but Vita and PC? PS4 & Xbone would be... weird, but without any level of precision of input (like 3DS and Vita's touchscreen and the mouse on PC), would it make much sense?

I guess ZTD and VLR both work with just controllers on PSTV so I don't know, but it's just amusing they are being all secretive about platforms when it should be obvious. I guess I'm just restless for a 999 Vita announcement because it's my favorite conceptually and I've been waiting for an update on my ZTD watch preorders' delivery estimates.

I think it's because it'll probably be another Aksys & Spike Chunsoft joint project. Aksys would publish the Vita (and maybe 3DS) version while Spike Chunsoft would publish the PC version. They may be waiting until tomorrow, during Aksys panel, to announce it properly.

Would be cool, but hard to really see a point in it when the DS version is out there in fine. The only real benefit is the resolution. The 3D effect in a 2D game like that really won't do much of anything for it.

You could say that about every other version of the game. There are 150 million DSes out there, the vast majority of them sold outside of Japan. It's not like there's a huge barrier to playing the game right now from a hardware perspective.

A 3DS version would be great, because, like the other versions, it'll keep the game freely accessible for the future. The DS version saw a limited print run (even after its reprint) and it's simply not easily available -- releasing this remake/remaster on 3DS makes sense just to get the game out there in stores again, and on the eShop. Though to be honest, given the timeframe for the port, might as well put it on NX instead...

gdt

Goddamit. While 999 would be great on PC, I actually need VLR on PC more. Haven't played that and don't have or want any handhelds. Need VLR before I play ZTD.

Maybe a 3DS version as well as the Vita/PC? Voice acting, higher res artwork (not that it would matter too much on the 3DS), a flow chart and an eShop release would be enough reasons to upgrade the console. Maybe also actually utilising the 3D effect, too.

Still, I'm in for Vita. I've already got the other two games digitally, seems right to get the first one as well. Gotta go plat.

Other things of Note

1. The 999 teaser looked like it had sharper spritework as well as voice acting

2. Uchikoshi 100% states that without the western fans and clamor ZTD wouldn't have happened

3. Someone did ask about Sigma's penis size but Uchikoshi laughed and told them to ask on Twitter

This is great news. I'm so happy this amazing series is finding new life.

Though as I've mentioned before regarding 999 ports, I'm very curious to see how certain aspects are handled. The first game utilizes the DS format for some pretty crucial elements.

Grief.exe

Goddamit. While 999 would be great on PC, I actually need VLR on PC more. Haven't played that and don't have or want any handhelds. Need VLR before I play ZTD.

After ZTD/999 it would be surprising if VLR doesn't come too.

I'm in the same situation, played 999 but haven't played VLR yet. Would have picked up ZTD day one otherwise.

FLD

Honestly, you need both. Contrary to most, I would argue that 999 isn't entirely necessary to enjoy VLR, but it definitely is for ZTD. I'm about 15h in and the game keeps casually bringing up some of the more out there concepts from the first two games without really explaining them all that well. I can only imagine a new player would be confused as all hell.

Tagg9

3. Someone did ask about Sigma's penis size but Uchikoshi laughed and told them to ask on Twitter

ZnGXj58.gif

Meia

After ZTD/999 it would be surprising if VLR doesn't come too.

I'm in the same situation, played 999 but haven't played VLR yet. Would have picked up ZTD day one otherwise.

I loved 999, but definitely would love a VLR on PC as well. If I'm going to triple dip with 999, I'll do the same with VLR dammit. :p

Tagg9

I'm hoping there are more details coming tomorrow. I've resisted playing ZTD in the hopes that 999 will come to PC/Vita soon. Otherwise I'll have to dig my DS out of storage...

I think it's because it'll probably be another Aksys & Spike Chunsoft joint project. Aksys would publish the Vita (and maybe 3DS) version while Spike Chunsoft would publish the PC version. They may be waiting until tomorrow, during Aksys panel, to announce it properly.

Hmm, sounds like that makes sense. It's weird, even though I haven't finished VLR, I'm feeling more and more interested in playing ZTD as soon as I am finished with my current term and am back on break. It's probably because I'm already attached to Junpei and Akane and they are in ZTD but not in VLR and so far it hasn't grabbed me as quickly. But obviously I should do VLR first and I know it'll become more interesting pretty quickly, it just isn't as gripping early on.

I'm also oddly more excited about 999 on Vita than playing VLR.

Maybe a 3DS version as well as the Vita/PC? Voice acting, higher res artwork (not that it would matter too much on the 3DS), a flow chart and an eShop release would be enough reasons to upgrade the console. Maybe also actually utilising the 3D effect, too.

Still, I'm in for Vita. I've already got the other two games digitally, seems right to get the first one as well. Gotta go plat.

Those sound like great enhancements, though I feel like the
complete restarts necessary to get the other endings make the concepts at play have more weight to them than when one can just move around "willy-nilly". It also seems like it wouldn't fit the narrative quite as well for Junpei to be able to switch around at will and with great accuracy

Other things of Note

1. The 999 teaser looked like it had sharper spritework as well as voice acting

2. Uchikoshi 100% states that without the western fans and clamor ZTD wouldn't have happened

1. Cool, 2. yay, 3. what? Seems like a weird question, but okay? :S Maybe I'm missing an in-joke? He'll answer it on twitter too?? Eh, just fans having fun I guess.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Nice then I'll be starting the series with the PC port then.
Really couldn't justify buying ztd without playing the first two.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Having played 999 on DS and being currently interested in ZTD, I hope a VLR port doesn't take long to surface.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
As excited as I am for an up-rezed port, it kills
the gimmick of two perspectives - the top screen was the future and the bottom screen was the past.

That was a really, really cool use of hardware.

The sigma dick size thing comes from Uchikoshi himself

In VLR Sigma says that if phi is a c cup he is packing 9 inches and she is a c cup

Check his Twitter for the rest

Korigama

Eh, not keen on the idea of adding voice acting to 999 (much preferred the original that way, with the differing pitches of the beeps for each character's dialogue providing enough leeway for picturing how they might sound for myself without defining them outright), but whatever. The important part is making the game available to play across more platforms, as well as Uchikoshi's suggestion that these new ports will keep the puzzles.
You could say that about every other version of the game. There are 150 million DSes out there, the vast majority of them sold outside of Japan. It's not like there's a huge barrier to playing the game right now from a hardware perspective.

A 3DS version would be great, because, like the other versions, it'll keep the game freely accessible for the future. The DS version saw a limited print run (even after its reprint) and it's simply not easily available -- releasing this remake/remaster on 3DS makes sense just to get the game out there in stores again, and on the eShop. Though to be honest, given the timeframe for the port, might as well put it on NX instead...
Actually, the DS version is quite easily available through Amazon, and has been for a while now (seems it's also returned to Best Seller status there with the release of ZTD this week). That said, your point about keeping it more freely accessible still stands.

I can't play 999 on DS just because redoing the puzzle rooms is an actual pain and I dropped it after 1 ending (which I then got again by mistake).
Make it more user friendly and I'll buy it day 1. Day 0 if they can get it on Vita, it'd be nice for the full series to be on it considering there is a market for it in the west. The 3DS doesn't really need a port but it would be nice if they can throw it up on the eShop at least to save more casual people importing for Europe.

kunonabi

Not really interested in playing 999 without dual screens. I'd get a 3DS port if it happens but I'll skip anything else.

Shahed

I'd love to play 999 with an enhanced version. Higher quality art, sound and voice acting. But mainly the ability to skip sections that have already been done a la VLR. Say to choose a branching point after each ending instead of making you repeat so much of it.

PS4 ideally if they can get it to work, otherwise I'd settle for Vita.

Top Bottom