• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A baby pig...with a monkey's face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
http://www.neatorama.com/2008/07/26/monkey-pig/

Curious locals flocked to the home of owner Feng Changlin after news of the piglet spread in Fengzhang village, Xiping township.

"It's hideous. No one will be willing to buy it, and it scares the family to even look at it!" Feng told Oriental Today.

He says the piglet looks just like a monkey, with two thin lips, a small nose and two big eyes. Its rear legs are also much longer than its forelegs, causing it to jump instead of walk.

1389014.jpg

Defuser

R-peters-1.jpg

"Hey Buddha!I'm gonna make this piglet face look like a monkey and just for fun... I'll make it's rear legs longer!! "

Brannon

Now if they can just keep it having sex with other pigs; we'll have the perfect pig/monkey hybrid.

MonkeyPork. The Other Other White Meat.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Iksenpets said:
I hope this thing prospers and its descendants spread to every corner of the globe. It's just that awesome.
Sadly this isn't a new species but a mutation/disease affecting the pig's growth. It'll probably die in a few weeks [/debby downer]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Defuser said:
R-peters-1.jpg

"Hey Buddha!I'm gonna make this piglet face look like a monkey and just for fun... I'll make it's rear legs longer!! "

Russell Peters fucking rocks

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Maybe its trying to approximate a human form. They have to breed it! Keep the pig man genes alive!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That shows how evolution wouldn't necessarily always take millions of years. Sometimes a major deformity/mutation would occur in a newborn, like that ape-pig, and if it was somehow working in his favor it would raise its chances of survival and raises the likeliness that such a mutation would happen again. In fact I think that this kind of drastic mutation/deformity probably accounts for a lot when it comes to the evolution of species, instead of very slow small changes, so small to the point where said small changes wouldn't do anything anyway.

Also, I think it's almost certain that this thing is somehow the result of a monkey/pig breeding, but no biologist would agree. But I think this is also another possible aspect that escapes us when it comes to evolution; it could be possible that sometimes, under certain random circumstances, different species managed to breed with one another and produce an offspring.

Ether_Snake said:
Also, I think it's almost certain that this thing is somehow the result of a monkey/pig breeding, but no biologist would agree. But I think this is also another possible aspect that escapes us when it comes to evolution; it could be possible that sometimes, under certain random circumstances, different species managed to breed with one another and produce an offspring.

that's only ever possible if the species are in the same syngameon

Defuser said:
R-peters-1.jpg

Someone's going to get a0hurt real bad.

I'm not going to say who~

But I think you know him~

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
funkmastergeneral said:
that's only ever possible if the species are in the same syngameon

But what if a mutation causes it to be possible?

You really think that pig's head is a coincidence?

Ether_Snake said:
But what if a mutation causes it to be possible?

You really think that pig's head is a coincidence?

has there ever been recorded documentation of such a mutation? The pig could have a mutation that shoots lasers out of his eyes, but its safe to say thats outside of the realm of possiblity.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The pig had a monkey's head and longer rear legs.

China has a lot of monkeys too, so I presume some live in that area as well altho I'd have to check.

There is a different between having a mutation that allows one to shoot lasers out of their eyes, and enabling one to be impregnated by a different species.

funkmastergeneral said:
has there ever been recorded documentation of such a mutation? The pig could have a mutation that shoots lasers out of his eyes, but its safe to say thats outside of the realm of possiblity.

Sumatran Rat Monkey :D

Im scared to search google for an answer, but can a women get pregnate by an other mammal besides human? and can a man get a mammal pregnate? I never heard an "offical" word on that.

GhettoGamer said:
Im scared to search google for an answer, but can a women get pregnate by an other mammal besides human? and can a man get a mammal pregnate? I never heard an "offical" word on that.

Don't you have to be at least 13 or something to be on this site?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
funkmastergeneral said:
that link explains why it's just a deformation and has nothing to do with inter-breeding between species.

No, the dr says "it's not possible", but that is only based on current knowledge. Did anyone try to have pigs and monkeys mate with each other in a lab? Did anyone try to find if a mutation could happen that would make it possible for two different species to mate with each other?

That dr just looked at it or a picture of it, she/he didn't make a study/research on it.

Count Dookkake said:
Don't you have to be at least 13 or something to be on this site?

Wow, I just ask a simple question, I dont wont to search google (for fear of some horrifing pic/stories) and I never heard an offical word on human/animal preganicies, Ive always heard "urban legends". And since Gaf is into this weird stuff like this, I knew someone would be mr Peabody and have an answer. No need to be a douche man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom