• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"A couple of surprises from DICE at E3" - Showing at EA's press conference

Mirror's Edge 2 will not be an exclusive. "Hey, Let's take a game that won't sell spectacularly and narrow the amount of people that will be able to purchase it!"

Or
"Hey, let's buy the exclusivity rights to a game that only appeals to a niche audience!"

That's just my opinion

A good reason to make it so! And with the power of the Cloud you can expect massive interactive worlds and the graphics will get better and better! That's the power of One!™

Bedlam

Guys, let's act all surprised when they announce Mirror's Edge 2 as an Xbone exclusive (and possibly also a PC version).

Just spotted the Mirrors edge logo
itcP6itaXu2KR.png

dancmc

So maybe they show it at MS conference and show off a different section at EAs presser. A la Ubisoft and Sony with AC?

Cant wait for micro-transactions in BF4 Karl. How many EA Spacebux to rent the M16A3 OP edition with Platinum Magnum ammo?

RoKKeR

You know, DICE could really steal the show with a great Battlefield 4 Multiplayer showing/demo, (they plan to show a lot of gameplay) Mirror's Edge 2, and even the announcement of their Star Wars game.

They must be reaching 400 employees now. Nirolak?

Microsoft has a history of taking cult classic games and niche titles and supporting them so they can be released.

It's likely Mirror's Edge 2 was never going to be released and then Microsoft simply prodded them in the direction by using fat sacks of cash.

Okay, fair enough, but I'm not big on Microsoft, so what games have they done this to? Did it work out for them? Perfect Dark comes to mind, and I'm not sure that sold well.

As much as it'd suck for the PC crowd, I think I would be ok with playing ME2 with Kinect, if done right of course.

How exactly do you do a game right on Kinect that demands pixel perfect accuracy and instantaneous response times, not to mention, constant running, turning, jumping, sliding, rolling, wall running, balancing, and more?

jbug617

Banned
I wonder if the money hat is the reason this game is being made. Just felt that EA really didn't care for the series.

sublimit

Banned
Mirror's Edge was one of my favourite games this gen but i fear they might have significantly changed (dumbed down) the gameplay for the sequel...i pray to God i'm wrong though.

RoKKeR

How exactly do you do a game right on Kinect that requires pixel perfect accuracy and instantaneous response times, not to mention, constant running, turning, jumping, sliding, rolling, wall running, balancing, and more?

I'm not the one making the games, just interested in posibilites.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right guys, DICE announces they're showing games at EA's press conference, and you still guess Xbox exclusives.

You've pushed me far enough. I'll let you do ban bets by effectively requesting bans if the game is not exclusive.

Feel free to quote my post and volunteer if you want to partake in the insanity.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As a side note, when they say a couple of surprises, the second surprise is presumably part of EA unveiling their Star Wars plans.

RoKKeR

All right guys, DICE announces they're showing games at EA's press conference, and you still guess Xbox exclusives.

You've pushed me far enough. I'll let you do ban bets by effectively requesting bans if the game is not exclusive.

Feel free to quote my post and volunteer if you want to partake in the insanity.

Damn this gave me a good laugh.

I'm guessing Battlefront will be one of the surprises.
Which of course sort of excites me since DICE makes good quality games, but at the same time has me worried because I really doubt they'd push the original vision of seamless ground-to-space transitions in battles.

Which of course sort of excites me since DICE makes good quality games, but at the same time has me worried because I really doubt they'd push the original vision of seamless ground-to-space transitions in battles.

Well, it's next-gen, so you never know. The tech is certainly there to make it balls-to-the-walls awesome. Hopefully they'll be wise enough to add the seamless ground-to-space transitions.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
...DICE?

DICE is a huge, multi-team studio. They don't have to outsource anything, especially when the engine they use is developed and updated in-house.

Yeah they're over 350 people right now and are gaining a Los Angeles studio to boot.

They also aren't doing support work for other studios anymore like with Medal of Honor and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

Shads

Couple of surprises? Mirror's Edge 2 and Rallisport Challenge 3??? Yes, I know Rallisport IP is probably owned by Microsoft and not with DICE, but it's wishful thinking.

2MF

Yeah they're over 350 people right now and are gaining a Los Angeles studio to boot.

No matter how many times you say this, some people will keep assuming and saying that DICE can only do Battlefield and nothing else.

kick51

Banned
...DICE?

DICE is a huge, multi-team studio. They don't have to outsource anything, especially when the engine they use is developed and updated in-house.

Not sure how this happened but I read the thread title as "No surprises at E3" lol

my bad!

Top Bottom