• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A dog almost attacked me today

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

I don't know if you are all just troll baiting (Carlius probably is), but let's address this elephant in the room: If you think Pit Bulls, as in the entirety of the breed are a problem, then by your logic a bunch of breeds are the problem. You do see lots of reports attacks because many Pit Bull owners are assholes and don't control their dog. Yes, the dogs are physically strong and can hurt someone if left to their own devices with no training or control from the owner. Many other breeds can do the same thing, why are Pit Bulls singled out? I have met a ton of Pit Bulls myself and they have been very sweet, like almost any other large dog breed. I used to have one that was a Pit-mix, she passed away last year as she had been a street dog before the rescue we got her from picked her up, and she was pretty old too.

In conclusion, stating "Pit Bulls are dangerous and people shouldn't be allowed to have them." is not at all the answer. There are tons of larger dog breeds capable of the same thing if not controlled by their owner. Let's not be calling for Pit Bull genocide, as that always comes up at some point.
I honestly didn't imply anything else other than what I said. I go out of my way to avoid pitbulls because they're not only aggressive (as a result of many things including being an attractive breed for assholes indeed) but they're also very dangerous. I won't go near a beast that could snap for the first time and disfigure me or kill me. People who don't leash pitbulls are insane, honestly.

Royce McCutcheon

I honestly didn't imply anything else other than what I said. I go out of my way to avoid pitbulls because they're not only aggressive (as a result of many things including being an attractive breed for assholes indeed) but they're also very dangerous. I won't go near a beast that could snap for the first time and disfigure me or kill me. People who don't leash pitbulls are insane, honestly.

People can also snap for the first time, best to not go shopping.

People can also snap for the first time, best to not go shopping.

Well, certainly I would keep a distance between me and anyone who's not a cop and carries a weapon, for the mere act of carrying a personal firearm does say a lot about said person, imo.

Similarly, I'll keep myself at great distance from pitbull owners when they are walking their dogs.

Man, I fucking hate dogs I'll never have one and aside from some friendly Corgis, it feels like anytime I meet a dog it's being aggressive.

Fred-87

Fuck dog owners that don’t use leashes. Leash on dog, wrapped around hand, at all times if you’re outside. No fucking excuses. I’ve spent hundreds of hours with my dog and she won’t flinch from my side without a command, but I still would never take the risk of having her unleashed. It’s never worth the risk, and it just makes you and your dog look bad.

Yesterday I was hanging out on my apartment porch with my pup (on leash) and some friends, and my neighbor’s friend left with their massive pit bull. Dude just casually walks outside, holds the door open for his dog, and it immediately runs at me barking. As this is happening, the owner casually is like “just don’t look at him, also you don’t have any dogs out here right”. Dog proceeds to attack my friend, knock the table over breaking several coffee mugs, and attempted to bite my dog. Owner clearly knew his dog was aggressive, yet deliberately chose to walk it off leash in a crowded apartment complex.

TL;DR if you ever let your dog off leash in public spaces you’re a piece of shit and you should be ashamed of your behavior.

So basically he had a weapon which he 'fired'. If i was a judge i would charge him with murder attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom