• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Dreamcast emulator was released for Android devices - Reicast

This emulator lets you play PSO on an ouya at playable frame rates, that's how awesome it is.

Need to try this update tomorrow.

Quick impressions of the latest release on HTC One.

Shenmue is now 95% glitch free. There are just some very minor glitches, such as ryo's eyes (only noticeable in cutscenes) and only the top half of his notebook will show up, the bottom is covered with some texture from the notebook, so you may not be able to read his journal properly.

Performance is good. The UI has been updated with icons ( press the back button on your device) but it's still hard to know what some of them do. I'm hoping we get a user guide in the next update.

Just a reminder, if you multitask the game will close down. I was able to save my game in ryu's room and load up from it successfully. You can't save anywhere.

I took some screen grabs but they didn't come out will, just a grey background which sucks. Game looks very nice on my display, jaggy free! The scenery around ryo's yard looks very lush and detailed. My capture wouldn't show up so I can't show it.

off screen grab. didnt turn out that good, dat black crush .

u0A.jpg

Codiox

It runs great performance wise on the shield tablet with a K1. I imagine it will run better on the TV with the X1.

The only problem are the graphical glitches. For example Capcom vs snk 2 runs at 60fps but the sprites are messed up.

MiszMasz

Has anyone tried this on an x86 device? I've had some compatibility issues with stuff off the Play Store in the past.

Top Bottom