• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A few comments from Nomura on FFVII:R

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The slow uptake of new consoles in Japan seems to be a concern, and Square Enix is making a concerted effort to make sure the PlayStation 4 is more attractive to the audience in its home country
I fear it won't be a difference in Japan, but god bless Square-Enix for trying. Seriously, their efforts here are just awesome.

They're working hard to support console and PC gaming while simultaneously support mobile. Really gaining a new respect for them since the big shake-up. They really seem to be changing their approach to development.

SOLDIER

Bleach? You wanna bring Bleach into this you say?

The law of big boobs states Tifa must be Orihime, leaving Rukia(she's technically dead too) to be Aerith. Ichigo is gonna end up with Aizen so everyone loses.

The Naruto comparisons were bad enough, but comparing Tifa to Orihime should result in a thread ban.

He trolled us good!
jDnXPBB.jpg

Ohh and it will certainly boost console sales. Hopefully a lot in japan

you think he KNEW then?

Bleach? You wanna bring Bleach into this you say?

The law of big boobs states Tifa must be Orihime, leaving Rukia(she's technically dead too) to be Aerith. Ichigo is gonna end up with Aizen so everyone loses.

Lawd this brings me back, back in my playthrough of FF7 I did at the start of highschool I was into that series so I actually did rename everyone to have Bleach character names. Although I had Aerith as Orihime just because I knew she was going to die lol.

liquidtmd

Banned
I fear it won't be a difference in Japan, but god bless Square-Enix for trying. Seriously, their efforts here are just awesome.

They're working hard to support console and PC gaming while simultaneously support mobile. Really gaining a new respect for them since the big shake-up. They really seem to be changing their approach to development.

In an era of Konami disappearing up their own arse it deserves kudos. The budget of this remake must be high coupled with being knee deep with XV

You peeps talking about Cloud crossdressing act like he is doing it for enjoyment or that is like, his thing or something.

He does it to infiltrate the Don's Mansion. Nothing more.

How is that scene controversial in the first place?

This pairing shit feels too familiar to Naruto's with Sakara and Hinata.

Aerith is dead and wears pink so she must be Sakura(with all the Ls she's taking she might as well go full Yamcha and be dead) and Tifa has big boobs so she must be Hinata, Hinata won so there's your answer friends, it is law.

#TeamBarett

I'd like to apologise on behalf of Naruto GAF for this shitpost.

Forgive The Silver for his stupidity.

Its actually genius for SE to say this. Even older fans have no idea what to expect now. Anticipation is even higher.

Comet

You peeps talking about Cloud crossdressing act like he is doing it for enjoyment or that is like, his thing or something.

He does it to infiltrate the Don's Mansion. Nothing more.

How is that scene controversial in the first place?

Because it's hilarious in chibi-form and the artists will have their work cutout for them to make Cloud look like a good looking chick with modern day graphics.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I was actually thinking they might have only just started it, good to know they have been making it for at least 8 months.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So here's a question:

Which would have made GAF happier? FF7HD or FF12HD?

FFXII HD personally would have made me very happy. I absolutely love that game to pieces, and I've wanted a Vita HD version for so long. Actually, an HD version on all platforms is the ideal scenario, I just want a Vita version to play on the bus!

This FFVII remake is amazing to me not because I'm a big fan of FFVII (I loved it back when it released, and am kind of meh on it now), seeing all of the excitement has me excited. Lol.

Yesterday, at the PlayStation booth, there were these two women walking next to me, and on the big jumbo screen, the FFVII Remake trailer started playing, and they stopped in their tracks and started geeking out. One of them was actually tearing up. Lol. It's just something many gamers have wanted for so long.

This E3 has been the E3 of dreams. Lol.

How big are Sony considering this game to potentially be? Are they looking at it as an Uncharted level exclusive? Bigger? Smaller?

I can't think of anything other than FIFA and CoD sales wise than this would be worldwide, and in terms of cultural impact it's literally no 1 at this point.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I can't think of anything other than FIFA and CoD sales wise than this would be worldwide, and in terms of cultural impact it's literally no 1 at this point.

I'd say it would do as well as Fallout 4 will do. Which will be 10-15 million IMO.

Majukun

is this only ps4 or ps4 and pc like shenmue?
anyway..if they want to sell it to me,they need to do a lot more than a simple graphic update like nintendo did fro the 2 n64 zelda game on 3ds...not really one to pay twice for the same game

Money, time. You know, if you used common sense and didn't try to think of everyone being in the same situation as you.

Money and time are obvious answer I know that, I'm not asking: "Don't you have the money and time to buy all the consoles?" I'm genuinely curious as to why anyone would limit themselves to one console. I know some people who have the more than enough means to own all the consoles yet still limit themselves to one for petty reasons.

Also, no need to sound so condescending. I'm not implying that everyone is in the same financial situation as me. Trust me, there are many many people way better off than me. I also know that there are many in way worse shape. I'm aware that not everyone has the time/money to buy all video game consoles, I'm also aware that there are people who don't even have enough to get one.

Mit-

Does anyone know where Eurogamer sourced this interview?

I'm interested in reading the entire thing. The dress line is particularly ambiguous. Did they actually ask him about the dress scene?

Keep the #@!%ing symbols in mother@#^!ers.

ff7.jpg

ff72.png

I hope that rather than having symbols for the swearing, every time that Barret and Cid swear there's some kind of loud noise that covers it up. Like on the train, Barret gets pissed off and mouths "Fuck!" but it's completely covered up by a trains beeping.

Mit-

I hope that rather than having symbols for the swearing, every time that Barret and Cid swear there's some kind of loud noise that covers it up. Like on the train, Barret gets pissed off and mouths "Fuck!" but it's completely covered up by a trains beeping.

I'd be okay with straight up bleeps a la Brutal Legend.

Top Bottom