• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A free heist game from the designer of The Stanley Parable, out now

http://store.steampowered.com/app/409160/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4B1fwgjps

A 15 minute heist game by Crows Crows Crows & Directed by William Pugh (The Stanley Parable). Slip into the soft-soled shoes of the mastermind responsible for the greatest heist- oh god I can’t do this any more, i’m joining the strike. good luck writing the steam description.

ss_79a31280d4f3820bcf53abc65009b56b844479e5.600x338.jpg

Pretty interesting that this free game has Steam cards. Dusk Golem tried to get Steam cards for his game yet had to add a paid DLC option in order for them to drop.

Awesome! Hoping this is the prelude to something
Actually in the newsletter, the devs say they're working on other stuff
You might be wondering how we can afford to do that. A Good Question. See, the fact of the matter is, this game isn’t the only thing we’ve been working on over the past year.

We have plenty more surprises in store in the New Year, and they’ll all be piped down the various pipes into your inboxes through this very newsletter.

Avinexus

If you missed the cassette player during the first playthrough, go back and listen to them, they're pretty funny.

MUnited83

For you.
You know, games have much more of an incentive for me to collect tapes if every one of them is voiced by Justin Roiland :p

gnexus

Looks pretty awesome, and I adore The Stanley Parable. I'll give this a play through. Thanks for the heads up!

Nzyme32

featuring Simon Amstell

image.php

I found that humorous :)

Just finished it. Really enjoyed the game for what little of it there is. Definitely want to see it explored further. Indeed this has demonstrated that I miss Simon Amstell. Was half expecting some heavy handed jokes as soon as I heard him. Still, he's no Mark Lamarr

You might be wondering how we can afford to do that. A Good Question. See, the fact of the matter is, this game isn’t the only thing we’ve been working on over the past year.

We have plenty more surprises in store in the New Year, and they’ll all be piped down the various pipes into your inboxes through this very newsletter.

Sweeeeeeeeet

BraXzy

Just played it through once, pretty interesting and fun little thing for the 20 minutes I played. I love the art style, it's nothing wildly new but it just looks great imo.

Just listening to cassettes, instantly recognise the voice of Mr Meeseeks... Google it and TIL he also voices Rick, Morty and is co-creator of the show. Also also him and William Pugh are working on a VR game, which is awesome.

EDIT: Just played through it a second time and listened to all of the cassettes, a fun little side part.
Kinda disappointed that, from what I could tell, there's no deviating from the main path on replays ala Stanley Parable. I'd hoped that things like not calling the retrieval team for the tiger or not pressing the elevator lever would make something different happen. There's a bunch of stuff in the trailer like the lazer stuff and being able to get near the car that I just cannot figure out how to do. Was that purely for the trailer?

Don't get me wrong, it's a really cool experience and I totally am not expecting anything more from it considering it cost me nothing. I just hoped that there would be some hidden goodness inside.
I'm excited to see what Crows Crows Crows releases in the future.

Dremark

Banned
Not to take anything away from him, isn't calling William Pugh "The designer if the Stanley Parable" a bit misleading and confusing?

From what I saw he worked on the HD remake and was likely a large part of why it turned out the way it did, but he didn't work on the original version that was done by Davey Wreden (Who more recently did the beginner's guide).

Anyway, not trying to call anyone out or short credit Pugh, I just wanted to clarify as seeing him credited that way legitimately confused me and I had to look stuff up to get it straight.

Also this looks interesting, I want to check it out when I have some free time at home.

Haunted

That was cute.

Not to take anything away from him, isn't calling William Pugh "The designer if the Stanley Parable" a bit misleading and confusing?

From what I saw he worked on the HD remake and was likely a large part of why it turned out the way it did, but he didn't work on the original version that was done by Davey Wreden (Who more recently did the beginner's guide).

Anyway, not trying to call anyone out or short credit Pugh, I just wanted to clarify as seeing him credited that way legitimately confused me and I had to look stuff up to get it straight.

Also this looks interesting, I want to check it out when I have some free time at home.
I also did a double take when I read that because I associate Davey Wreden with that description first and foremost, but Pugh is officially listed as one of the two designers who worked on The Stanley Parable (the product sold on Steam), so this is correct.

Thank you so much for this recommendation. I absolutely loved it. I'm now strong arming as many friends as possible into playing it.

Joeku

So...did nobody explore the CrowsCrowsCrows website? Stuff's there.

Edit: and immediately after I posted I went back to replay it and listen to the tapes, and the game updated. Now, was this the update!?Cuz, uh...there's
pretzels everywhere. What's up with that? Was that not there on second runthroughs before?

Also these tapes are easily better than the second tv episode of R&M.

Double edit: found the tape with the pretzels. I wonder if those showed up whenever you picked up a tape player? Can anyone clarify that?

Top Bottom