• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A funny short VGcats, something must be wrong here

Zapages

I laughed a bit here... Brought some fond memories of this great game. :lol :lol :lol

060731.jpg

Zapages

I think the comic would have been better if the third panel wasn't there... But its still good compared to their other stuff. :)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I don't get the sock thing... :\ I thought it was a sin city reference, and the castle would blow, but it didn't. And so few frames.....

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What a load of not funny.

I'll bet he's going to update the comic later in the week with three times as many panels and still not enough funny.

Brobzoid said:
I don't get the sock thing... :\ I thought it was a sin city reference, and the castle would blow, but it didn't. And so few frames.....
It's there to muffle Baby Mario's crying.

Which is argurably the most annoying video game sound of the 20th century.

Having played Yoshi's Island a lot back in the day, I found the comic mildly amusing. Not funny, but it wasn't pathetic either.

Jeff-DSA

KyanMehwulfe said:
It's there to muffle Baby Mario's crying.

Which is argurably the most annoying video game sound of the 20th century.

Having played Yoshi's Island a lot back in the day, I found the comic mildly amusing. Not funny, but it wasn't pathetic either.

I'll vote for the death sound effect in Solstice.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Another example of why Scott needs a writer (operating under the assumption that he doesn't really, seriously, debate plot with other people).

It's not horribly bad, and better than the lesser strips. But it has a classic, solid idea - Yoshi WANTS to get rid of the screaming monster - and clouds it up with bad taste jokes.

His art and composition keeps improving too.

firex

it started out on a decent premise, but jesus christ the VGcats guy can't write a punchline for anything. it's like he's jimmy fallon in comic form.

LakeEarth

I understand the joke, its just poorly done and the wording is quite... just off is the only way I can put it. Bad timing I guess.

Senretsu

I actually believed the thread title but it was not true unfortunately.

jokes about baby mario (YI) crying, thats never been done before

Top Bottom