• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A guy I don't know is threatening to kill me over a dumb joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all seriousness if the guy is for real I'm way more worried for his poor wife than I am for OP, who is an idiot.

Yeah. He more than likely doesn't know you but if he's taking one text this wildly far, he's probably going to end up terrorizing the only person in reach.

You can search for numbers in Facebook messenger. I've used that to figure out who texted me when I got a random text out of the blue. That is assuming the person has their phone number linked to their Facebook account.

So glad I never linked my number for 'security'.

Here's another idea: Tell him you've been fucking his wife for over a year and that he's an idiot for not picking up on it sooner.
JQB7k.gif

Jeff-DSA

Through the facebook messenger thing discussed above?

I'll have to make sure my facebook account is really gone then

Nope, I have some websites that I didn't pay for the domain privacy.

I texted him about not doing anything that would landed him in trouble. He responded with: "Dude just chill I appreciate your concern..."

I think he's cooling down. I still don't feel great about this. I had no idea that this was even going to a woman. I guess my chances were 50/50 on that. I have no idea what the odds were of getting a marriage on the rocks.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Lmao, great twist in the story that I didn't see coming. This is why you don't participate in dumb marketing bullshit that some corporate hack came up with.

Flavius

He pranked your prank, OP. Please do not prank his prank of your prank, though. No telling how much of a prankster you're dealing with here.

Arnie7

Banned
I'm sorry but my first reaction was to just burst out laughing at this.

You done goofed. Probably shiukd go down to police station and report it to them just to be safe.

Cowie

Okay so this is fucked and scary but

and said that he's coming to kill me (via stabbing or shooting, he didn't know yet),

This kind of makes me giggle. like the dude calls up furious and doesn't even have a specific threat.

I'M GOING TO FIND YOU, AND I'M GOING TO STAB YOU. OR SHOOT YOU. I HAVEN'T DECIDED YET. I GUESS POISONING IS ON THE TABLE? BUT THAT ISN'T REALLY MY STYLE. WHAT DO YOU THINK. THIS INVOLVES YOU TOO.

You need to apologize for not calling him beautiful, and that you're sure that he is much more attractive than his wife. Might also want to let him know that he has a cute phone voice. When it comes down to it, that's all people really care about.

Seriously, though. He's probably just letting off some steam. He's not going to come after you, or anything like that. If you're really worried, be on the look out for cars that aren't familiar hanging around your house.

Twist: op's wife caught him in an affair by finding this beautiful text and he's now coming up with an elaborate back story. There is no husband, there is no gum wrapper.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Make out with a few dudes and get photographic evidence of it.

Then text him the pictures thus proving you are not chasing after his wife.

If he still doesn't believe you, repeat but take it to the next step with dudes.

Lmao, great twist in the story that I didn't see coming. This is why you don't participate in dumb marketing bullshit that some corporate hack came up with.

My thoughts exactly. I can't believe someone put these dares in bubble gum wrappers. Kids could be doing this.

Tell him you're saving his texts and sending them to the cops?

Jeff-DSA

Guys, I don't really want to involve the cops until I know he's an actual threat. If he's just a hothead and a big talker, I don't want to cause him more grief than I already have. If he escalates things even a bit, then yeah, I'll involve the police. But man, this is nuts.

You should sue 5 gum, afterall, it is their fault you're in this mess in the first place. Use your settlement money to change your identity and start a new life.

Or die at the hands of this guy and instruct your family to sue the gum company. They'll be set for life.. well, at least free gum for life.

Amory

Guys, I don't really want to involve the cops until I know he's an actual threat. If he's just a hothead and a big talker, I don't want to cause him more grief than I already have. If he escalates things even a bit, then yeah, I'll involve the police. But man, this is nuts.

It's your life, I guess. But if someone threatens my life and seems unbalanced, I'm telling the cops.

At the very least it'll give them a person of interest should I be murdered.

Over a dare.

From a gum wrapper.

Enco

Guy isn't going to do shit.

Is he going to track your number with his top secret CIA software? Then what? He's going to visit your work or your home and kill you? Really?

The chances of that happening seem incredibly slim. So slim they're not worth the time. Just ignore him.

Skyzard

Banned
Fuck him up, OP.

or call the police.

People make threats all the time but there are some even more dumbass people who follow through.

The thing is, you're only estimating. You have no idea what is going on with him in terms of his internal processes and decision-making. I'd personally call the cops.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just one more reason not to ever trust advice you get from chewing gum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom