• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A guy I don't know is threatening to kill me over a dumb joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I’m here to bang your wife and chew bubblegum and I’m all out of bubblegum."

The fact that he knows where you live might make it a good idea to either smooth things out or get some police involved.

Guys, I don't really want to involve the cops until I know he's an actual threat. If he's just a hothead and a big talker, I don't want to cause him more grief than I already have. If he escalates things even a bit, then yeah, I'll involve the police. But man, this is nuts.

Before this whole situation gets more sticky and pops, you need to call the guy and chew him out. You're in the big leagues with this guy. You should double your safety, double your guns, with double men double men guns.

Honestly, OP, you deserve this shit. This is straight out of a freaking movie plot. In fact, I'm going to pitch this idea to Kevin Smith.

Call the police or have fun watching over you and your family's shoulder. I'll be drinking melon balls in the mean time.

Jeff-DSA

Gum wrapper that started it all.

j3wvrWOl.jpg

Amory

Before this whole situation gets more sticky and pops, you need to call the guy and chew him out. You're in the big leagues with this guy. You should double your safety, double your guns, with double men double men guns.

i like this post a whole lot

I am now convinced that the OP is lying and that this thread was made just for this post.

gaiages

Banned
Plot twist: OP was actually cheating with man's wife and sent her a flirty text message, he found out and now he's trying to cover his bases

Call the police already, OP

Brilliant

Keep us updated, OP.

And since you know his number, give it to the cops and say you were threatened by him. Give his name if you already know it. Call him back and say that he will be the number one suspect now if you happen to be dead soon.

border

Good lord, if you are going to prank call/text people, why would you do it to someone who is even remotely in the same city or area code as you?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
No telling what kind of hell his wife is going through if he is that crazy towards the OP. Stupid prank.

I remember getting some random texts of some naked chick and the message "don't forget about me, last night was great at the club". I showed my wife because I thought it was funny as hell someone was texting the wrong number and sending nudes. My wife didn't think it was funny at all and called the number giving the poor girl the 3rd degree. Then and there I knew my wife was going to be my ex wife soon. My wife was mad at me for weeks after that over a wrong number.

No telling what kind of hell his wife is going through if he is that crazy towards the OP. Stupid prank.

I remember getting some random texts of some naked chick and the message "don't forget about me, last night was great at the club". I showed my wife because I thought it was funny as hell someone was texting the wrong number and sending nudes. My wife didn't think it was funny at all and called the number giving the poor girl the 3rd degree. Then and there I knew my wife was going to be my ex wife soon. My wife was mad at me for weeks after that over a wrong number.
Jesus. She didn't consider that you showing her that stuff of your own volition was a good indicator that your explanation was in fact true? Seems rather insecure.

Pepiope

Maybe threatening a random person was his gum wrapper dare. Ask him.

Edit: Seriously, If he really has your address, then I would go to the cops at that point.

I did. I texted it to his wife's number too.

Yes, I have hidden talents, but that truth is not of consequence right now.

You should go to the police. He threatened to kill you. He might "calm down" now. But what would he have done if you were standing right in front of him? What will he do to other people in the future that offend him? This guy needs to realize that he can't just go around and threaten to kill other people. Go to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom