• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Konami PR Person Just Got a Metal Gear Solid V Award Instead of Hideo Kojima

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
People are drowning themselves in a glass of water with this.

Well, if the Game Director is not available you could handle the award to the Producer or one of the Leads.
But we all know that Kojigod is done with Konami and viceversa.

Sapiens

aqu9pAm.png

It's not a controversy but it's not insignificant. This is the first time, EVER, That Kojima hasn't been to this specific awards show to accept an award for his game. Odd if nothing else

Actually, it happened once before - this year. The Famitsu Awards show, which Kojima had attended nearly every year for the past decade. Someone accepted awards for Ground Zeroes, PT, and MGS in his place.

Edit: No one picked up the awards.

Dremark

Banned
Oh come on. This is a fake controversy. Others accept awards for others all the time.

It's too bad this happened after the DOAX3 fake controversy. Would have been interesting to see if Jim Sterling would be objective enough to do the story about it when Konami is the target of the bs.

Granted Konami still sucks, but there's zero evidence they did anything wrong here.

Chariot

And who are you, Kojima said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a snake of a different name,
that's all the truth I know.
whether Kojima or Konami,
a snake still has fangs,
And mine are long and sharp, PR,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that head of Kojima Pro,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
soooooooooooooo...

yeah, #FuckKonami

"Thank you for giving us all of these awards for this game that we paid to make and then fired all of the people who made it. Without them we wouldn't have these awards. We hope they understand and that our love of these awards they got us keeps them warm at night."

NewDust

I dunno, but kojipro doesn't exist anymore and it's Konami's IP... I think it's weird to accept an award for a product you are no longer affilliated with.

Though FucKonami for letting it come this far.

Chariot

I dunno, but kojipro doesn't exist anymore and it's Konami's IP... I think it's weird to accept an award for a product you are no longer affilliated with.

Though FucKonami for letting it come this far.
He's offically still employed at Konami, that's the very reason they could force him to not come. Furthermore, he is the creator and the mind behind it, regardless.

NewDust

He's offically still employed at Konami, that's the very reason they could force him to not come. Furthermore, he is the creator and the mind behind it, regardless.
Is he? I thought the contract was already terminated, and he wasn't allowed to work anywhere else due to a fairly normal competetivity claus.

Chariot

Is he? I thought the contract was already terminated, and he wasn't allowed to work anywhere else due to a fairly normal competetivity claus.
"Mr. Kojima had every intention of being with us tonight, but unfortunately he was informed by a lawyer representing Konami just recently that he would not be allowed to travel to tonight's award ceremony to accept any awards. He’s still under an employment contract and it’s disappointing."
http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/3/9846734/hideo-kojima-metal-gear-game-awards

Top Bottom